Author Topic: report of tonights game  (Read 18816 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
report of tonights game
« on: July 16, 2013, 10:07:43 PM »
whats the score?
how did the new players perform?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: report of tonights game
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 10:18:04 PM »
2-1 win for Boston - what a great win.

All those that were saying what a shambolic recruitment strategy - eat your words. We are going straight up this year - won't even be messing about with the play-offs.

Get your season ticket and hang on tight for the promotion ride of your life ..... :)

DL

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 10:35:37 PM »
2-1 win for Boston - what a great win.

All those that were saying what a shambolic recruitment strategy - eat your words. We are going straight up this year - won't even be messing about with the play-offs.

Get your season ticket and hang on tight for the promotion ride of your life ..... :)

DL
Are you taking the p.ss

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:43:37 PM »
Most impressed by the back four, middle two were very classy and Connor played well, the left back was outstanding, sorry about my ignorance with names but what I saw from them was very encouraging. Mills came on for the last twenty minutes and played some lovely balls from midfield. Lincoln's goal was taken well but it was down to a bouncing ball on a very hard pitch. Ricky Miller looked like Ricky Miller always does, at times a headless chicken but he scored two lovely goals cutting in from the left and slotting beautifully into the far corner he will be a great asset and I look forward to a battle between him and Newsh to top the scoring. With better finishing it could and should have been 4 or 5 but hey this squad looks good and I am confident that the coming season will be very exciting so all you pessimists get behind what could be a very successful team.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 10:56:13 PM »
Most impressed by the back four, middle two were very classy and Connor played well, the left back was outstanding, sorry about my ignorance with names but what I saw from them was very encouraging. Mills came on for the last twenty minutes and played some lovely balls from midfield. Lincoln's goal was taken well but it was down to a bouncing ball on a very hard pitch. Ricky Miller looked like Ricky Miller always does, at times a headless chicken but he scored two lovely goals cutting in from the left and slotting beautifully into the far corner he will be a great asset and I look forward to a battle between him and Newsh to top the scoring. With better finishing it could and should have been 4 or 5 but hey this squad looks good and I am confident that the coming season will be very exciting so all you pessimists get behind what could be a very successful team.
You was a worried man only a few weeks ago! ;D

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 11:10:02 PM »
I thought it was a useful workout and some encouraging signs. Pre season results is all about fitness and working on shape etc.

Impressed with the all the new lads and I thought all the young lads again showed they are more than capable. I also thought the other new central defender stefan galinski looked solid. Lets hope he signed after the game as expected.

we still need a left sided midfielder to complete the squad in my opinion and then we will be competitive im sure.

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 04:16:08 PM »
I dont think it was anything less than what we expected perhaps it could of been 5 or 6 but a very good run out for the first game.

Regards to the new signings i think the left back stood out for me, looks a very tidy player and you can tell he has played a lot higher.

Ricky miller- looked same old ricky miller we know, very very busy player and knows where the net is, i think he could prove to be a good signing this season

Peter Bore- i dont want to grumble at this early stage but i almost didnt realise he was playing, he looked completely out of position playing in a holding role in the middle three, would like to have seen maybe James Reed play there and Bore in a familiar position.

Scott Garner - looks a good solid addition, very tidy with the ball with some good passes out wide, was impressed with him

Piergianni- also looks a good player, good to have two centre halves that are comfortable on the ball for once,  but both him and garner were caught too square for the goal and just let the lad run between them, cant help but think it will be him and garner that will be the first choice centre backs.

Sansara- looks like what we have needed down that left side, would like to see what he is like defending because nobody ever really got the ball and ran at him but going forward hes got a bit of a wand of a left peg, but also looks like he has a temper on him so that will need to be watched, but he looks a very good addition ps i think he likes a free kick because we got one just outside the box and he went sprinting over to it but there was no moving rossy for it.

Galinski- again never really got tested so would like to see more of him but hes a very big physical lad but i thought he was going to get announced as signing prior to yesterdays game, that is what craig has been reporting all week but who knows hey.

Gary mills- cant really comment on him as he didnt get much of the ball but feared the worst when a lincoln utd player went straight through the back of him when he had only just come on

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »
Great assement swineshead pilgrim. Mills looked tidy in Possesion when he came on and think he will play holding role with milnes and rossy infront of him. Doesn't look like galinski deal is going to happen now. Hope it does but will have to see. Piergiani and garner are miles better than ward,watt and stainfield.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 10:44:32 PM »
Great assement swineshead pilgrim. Mills looked tidy in Possesion when he came on and think he will play holding role with milnes and rossy infront of him. Doesn't look like galinski deal is going to happen now. Hope it does but will have to see. Piergiani and garner are miles better than ward,watt and stainfield.
Not fair to judge after one game!

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 07:47:13 AM »
They will get better as a partnership with every game. 

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 12:42:25 PM »

Forgive me for asking, but how do you know that the Galinski deal is unlikely to happen now? Where has this been reported? If it hasn't been reported then who have you spoken to? Surely only Dennis Greene would know what the correct current position is regarding transfer activity? Are you Dennis in disguise? If you can back this up then great. But if it's just your hearsay then don't bother posting it.

If Galinski doesn't come (and I've emboldened the if because I don't know how reliable your information is), then my concern would be on only having one recognised centre-half on our books. We need two on account of the distinct possibility of Cambridge recalling Garner or potentially selling him elsewhere.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 12:46:47 PM »
If hearsay was banned, this forum would be pretty quiet...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 12:52:39 PM »

Forgive me for asking, but how do you know that the Galinski deal is unlikely to happen now? Where has this been reported? If it hasn't been reported then who have you spoken to? Surely only Dennis Greene would know what the correct current position is regarding transfer activity? Are you Dennis in disguise? If you can back this up then great. But if it's just your hearsay then don't bother posting it.

If Galinski doesn't come (and I've emboldened the if because I don't know how reliable your information is), then my concern would be on only having one recognised centre-half on our books. We need two on account of the distinct possibility of Cambridge recalling Garner or potentially selling him elsewhere.

We all speculate at times , Shauneyg is often better at it than most of us !!!!

Cambridge can only sell Garner in the transfer window .
I suppose recall depends on terms of loan.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 12:54:58 PM »

Last night I asked him on twitter if he was going to sign for us and he replied saying he doesn't know yet! It's looking fairly unlikely that he will sign BUT you never know he may play again for us tonight or sign before or after the game! Lets hope so because If he doesn't we need to get another centre half pretty quick!

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 01:08:05 PM »

To be fair on Shauney G he predicted that we were going to sign Galinski before any news was released and proved right, he's also got a knack of predicting things that turn out to be true, so I'd say he's a fairly credible source.

Interestingly he's now been accused of being Dennis Greene AND Graham Drury! Surely that's some kind of record!?!