Author Topic: Boston: officially a crap town  (Read 12936 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston: officially a crap town
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 01:26:02 AM »
Wheres Gainsborough?

Just look further up the league table from Boston, and there we are
Actually, we're ahead of you on alphabetical order...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 12:29:13 PM »

Gainsborough fans have difficulties with the alphabet though. They have to remember one letter each.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:31:04 PM by York Street Pilgrim »

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 01:18:10 PM »

Gainsborough fans have difficulties with the alphabet though. They have to remember one letter each.
there good with numbers though they put a very good 11 side out in there last friendly with a min of 9 decent players to put on when needed.
TAKE away our youth players and 2 players not yet committed + NEWSHAM I believe that leaves us with 9 decent players ,and out of the new players theres only 1 most fans have seen play befor that be MILLER  :'(out field players were on about)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:22:49 PM by miele »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »

there good with numbers though they put a very good 11 side out in there last friendly with a min of 9 decent players to put on when needed.
TAKE away our youth players and 2 players not yet committed + NEWSHAM I believe that leaves us with 9 decent players ,and out of the new players theres only 1 most fans have seen play befor that be MILLER  :'(out field players were on about)

Not seen the Blues line-up in their last match against Sheff W youth miele , what was it ?  Presume you were there , if so did you outnumber them ?. 
Judging from Blues forum not many turned up .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 04:49:45 PM »

Boro don,t have the problem of players on international duty !!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 05:03:54 PM »

just saying the number of players they have to what we have at the moment.
seems HOUSHAM can attract them even with a small budget.(no I was not there I would have liked to see WARD and JONES play.)

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 07:24:12 PM »

seems HOUSHAM can attract them even with a small budget.(no I was not there I would have liked to see WARD and JONES play.)

Both played well and under Steve's guidance will only get better...your loss,our gain.

Thanks. :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »

Both played well and under Steve's guidance will only get better...your loss,our gain.

Fact is Mark has lost his goal scoring touch under Steve ,

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 08:43:29 PM »

Can only judge in the games against us, but he has been pony compared to what we had from him.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »

Can only judge in the games against us, but he has been pony compared to what we had from him.

We'll just have to see as the season unfolds.

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 01:05:59 PM »
Back to the subject of "Crap Town", Boston is not a crap place there are for example some really cracking buildings like the Stump and Fydell House for example.

The problem is that a lot of the inhabitants who do nothing but have a small town mentallity of moan, moan, moan. The long term useless complain about jobs, well get off your butt, smarten yourself up and look, there are jobs out there.

Complaing about the immigrants will change nothing, just accept they want to work and most of you lot don`t.

Have some pride in the town, rather than complain, or heaven forbid, even attempt to make it a better place yourselves.

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 03:05:49 PM »
Back to the subject of "Crap Town", Boston is not a crap place there are for example some really cracking buildings like the Stump and Fydell House for example.

The problem is that a lot of the inhabitants who do nothing but have a small town mentallity of moan, moan, moan. The long term useless complain about jobs, well get off your butt, smarten yourself up and look, there are jobs out there.

Complaing about the immigrants will change nothing, just accept they want to work and most of you lot don`t.

Have some pride in the town, rather than complain, or heaven forbid, even attempt to make it a better place yourselves.

Well said travelling man.

I am from Gainsborough and have been round the stump several times and it is a fine building and hopefully appreciated within the town..and hoping at some point to have a look round the(I think they call it the maud adams mill).

All very interesting and have a story to tell.

As for the moaners,every town has them and certainly not exclusive to Boston..it appears to be countrywide,sadly.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 04:36:47 PM »

I am from Gainsborough and have been round the stump several times and it is a fine building and hopefully appreciated within the town..and hoping at some point to have a look round the(I think they call it the maud adams mill).

As for the moaners,every town has them and certainly not exclusive to Boston..it appears to be countrywide,sadly.

I think it's the Maud Foster Mill and is a working mill, have you tried the Guildhall yet, it's very interesting too.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 06:45:08 PM »

Jones didn't  have a chance under Housham last season, due to fitness, being cup tied, and trying to force his way into a settled forward line.
Now fit, and looking sharp, this coming season will define his ability.

Trinity have 13 players under contract, plus youth team players and triallists. Think BUFC have similar numbers.

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 07:00:18 PM »

I think it's the Maud Foster Mill and is a working mill, have you tried the Guildhall yet, it's very interesting too.

Thanks for the info ernie..I'll look them up on google.