Author Topic: £10,000.........  (Read 5098 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
£10,000.........
« on: July 05, 2013, 11:12:51 AM »
is apparently what each club will miss out on if the Lge don't find a sponsor to replace Blue Square. £20,000 in the Conf Prem.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: £10,000.........
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 07:15:05 PM »
Over to you then Chalker :)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 08:57:24 PM »
In many respects Chalker's got a thankless task, most businesses won't come near BUFC after the carnage of the McFraud years and without sounding too patronizing those who continue to support Utd really do deserve our support.

My job's no stroll in the park, especially selling to farmers :dan but I wouldn't swap it with Craig for anything. I do worry about the day he's lured away, because he's not stunningly well paid here and his talents will one day be recognized at rewarded elsewhere.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 06:10:49 PM »
In many respects Chalker's got a thankless task, most businesses won't come near BUFC after the carnage of the McFraud years and without sounding too patronizing those who continue to support Utd really do deserve our support.

My job's no stroll in the park, especially selling to farmers :dan but I wouldn't swap it with Craig for anything. I do worry about the day he's lured away, because he's not stunningly well paid here and his talents will one day be recognized at rewarded elsewhere.
Any chance of deleting this Andy before he reads it and gets ideas!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 07:59:09 AM »

Whoever takes up the league sponsorship option will get a lot of media exposure through the TV deal with BT Sports. You'd think there'd be a lot of companies keen on that type of coverage?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 12:29:15 PM »
You are so right there. The signing of BT sports, and the coverage they will be giving the Conf Prem will in itself prove the most attractive benefit any sponsor could want and if the Conf directors can not attract a sponsor on the back of that news then you would have to suggest they are not fit for purpose

I am sure something will be announced before the kick off comes, probably with another bookmaker who have money to burn on such deals, especially with the demographics being so perfectly suited.....fingers crossed

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 08:06:46 PM »
How much do the league want for sponsorship?

22 teams in the northern division and if they are all missing out on £10k each  a guess would be £250k for the northern division with the same for the southern and twice that for the prem? Is it worth £1million a year? I don't think so.

Bluesquare were bought by rank for £65mill then sold to betfair for £5mill earlier this year. Not great business by rank!

I thought betfair might pick up the sponsorship where bluesquare left off but they now have problems of their own with shares dropping over 4% today with a major investor selling 11mill shares.

Maybe the league should look for a government (taxpayer) supported bank like RBS or maybe go for a government (taxpayer) propped up house builder like persimmon.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 01:30:09 PM »
So it's Skrill

http://www.skrill.com

Never heard of them but looks like a smaller Pay Pal.

EDIT:

Not heard of them because they are 'moneybookers' re-branded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moneybookers
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:39:14 PM by qwerty »

les

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 07:54:53 PM »
Not quite like Pay Pal. More like a instant transfer bank account. Frequently used for transferring money between online bookmakers as it does instant transfer of money.
One of the biggest online money wallets in the world.