Author Topic: Mills Gone  (Read 11499 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mills Gone
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 06:15:05 PM »

From what Mills put on Twitter, he's taken a coaching job in North Derbyshire. Let's assume therefore he's going somewhere like Glossop, which is north Derbyshire and which is on the edge of Manchester. The thing I can't get my head around is that he will still have a 115-mile commute to Barrow - it's a long way up the M6 and round the edge of Morecambe Bay. Even though it's mostly motorway it will still be a big commitment to go to training and matches there every week, and there are plenty of other clubs in much closer proximity where I'm sure he could have fixed up a deal.

Either he's not very good at geography or there's more to this than just the travel factor.

I think Barrow train near Manchester to make in easier to attract players .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 06:20:18 PM »
 Well there's  a healthy debate touching on whether to put players on contract or not .
   You just feel that whatever way it is .. due to geography /lack of funds .. BUFC are going to lose out over the next weeks / months ..or longer .

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 08:36:55 PM »
I only saw him in the home games, but saw nothing that makes me wish he was still here.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 11:19:30 PM »
I only saw him in the home games, but saw nothing that makes me wish he was still here.
fully agree

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »
According to this - http://www.achievemanagement.co.uk/2013/07/04/greg-mills-signs-barrow/ - Mills has had a trial at Inverness Caledonian Thistle this summer.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 09:47:44 PM »
Have to say then that this young man is most geographically inept! A "Job in Manchester" - yet goes to Barrow - miles away from his workplace and then interest from Scotland?!  :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 10:23:11 PM »
Barrow training base is in Manchester I believe.would say he was on decent money here so hopefully free up some more money towards centre half and left winger.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2013, 06:19:54 AM »
Have to say then that this young man is most geographically inept! A "Job in Manchester" - yet goes to Barrow - miles away from his workplace and then interest from Scotland?!  :bunny

At least it's consistent with his style of play - always seemed to play on the complete opposite side of the pitch to his stronger foot.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 04:33:10 PM »

Greg Mills is now on loan at King's Lynn ...

http://www.kltown.co.uk/index.php/latest-news/191-one-arrival-one-departure

... It's a very long way from Manchester, unless the job up there hasn't quite worked out? If geography was the only factor which led to his departure from York Street, then I wonder if we might be monitoring the situation.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 07:12:44 PM »

... It's a very long way from Manchester, unless the job up there hasn't quite worked out? If geography was the only factor which led to his departure from York Street, then I wonder if we might be monitoring the situation.

Think the left wing is sorted now though, with young Mr Steer covering the Left Wing, Right Wing, Right Back, Centre Forward and midfield positions all in 1 game.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 04:39:42 AM »

Think the left wing is sorted now though, with young Mr Steer covering the Left Wing, Right Wing, Right Back, Centre Forward and midfield positions all in 1 game.

I wonder if even DG knows where the lad is suppose to be playing?

Seenbetter

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »
If I was the manager I wouldn't worry about Renees position, I was really impressed by him on Saturday and wherever he went he did some good stuff