Author Topic: Mills Gone  (Read 11498 times)

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Mills Gone
« on: July 04, 2013, 09:15:58 AM »

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mills Gone
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 09:47:37 AM »
Yet another one that had supposedly agreed to stay this season, but it sounds as if the lad is moving to Manchester and going to play for Barrow so this one is a bit different.

However its easy to say lots of players are available out there, but are we getting whats left rather than picking the best available. We need some good news on the player front asap.

Come on Dennis--- get cracking!!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 10:03:03 AM »
Just another unreliable and uncommitted person gone from The Club. No great loss. Same old same old. :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 10:43:46 AM »
Never a fan of a Right footer on the Left wing.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 11:10:19 AM »
Just another unreliable and uncommitted person gone from The Club. No great loss. Same old same old. :bunny

Players do have other jobs and commitments other than football. If you had a job in manchester would you travel to boston 2 or 3 times a week cor matches and training? Be realistic

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 11:27:04 AM »
Maybe it is to do with non-football matters but its certainly bad timing coming off the back of Ward quitting and the left back debacle. Was impressed with Greene's initial work this summer but am slightly concerned now. Next few signings will tell us a lot about where this club is headed.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 12:12:38 PM »
A shame, but it can't be helped if he's moving across the country.  We've tried the long distance commute thing before with Holsgrove and it didn't work.  Mills started well in his first few games, but I thought he lacked a bit in workrate and willingness to help defensively, so wouldn't necessarily fit DG's team ethic long term 

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 01:31:38 PM »
Didn't rate him so not concerned.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »
I think there is still at least 2 more that can walk away ;) ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 02:42:18 PM »
Didn't rate him so not concerned.

Same here , seemed to lack consistency .

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 05:20:59 PM »
I think there is still at least 2 more that can walk away ;) ;)

Let them go if they don't want to play for the club, whoever they are we will probably be better off without them. 8)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »
Never really impressed me (not that I'm an expert )

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 05:34:45 PM »

Players do have other jobs and commitments other than football. If you had a job in manchester would you travel to boston 2 or 3 times a week cor matches and training? Be realistic

Me be realistic? Come on! Why did he sign for Boston in the first place if he had work commitments elsewhere? Just happened to get a "job" in Manchester right now? Sounds like a lot of Chris Waddle to me! As I say, no great loss to this club.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 06:05:03 PM »

From what Mills put on Twitter, he's taken a coaching job in North Derbyshire. Let's assume therefore he's going somewhere like Glossop, which is north Derbyshire and which is on the edge of Manchester. The thing I can't get my head around is that he will still have a 115-mile commute to Barrow - it's a long way up the M6 and round the edge of Morecambe Bay. Even though it's mostly motorway it will still be a big commitment to go to training and matches there every week, and there are plenty of other clubs in much closer proximity where I'm sure he could have fixed up a deal.

Either he's not very good at geography or there's more to this than just the travel factor.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 06:12:56 PM »

Me be realistic? Come on! Why did he sign for Boston in the first place if he had work commitments elsewhere? Just happened to get a "job" in Manchester right now? Sounds like a lot of Chris Waddle to me! As I say, no great loss to this club.
Things change. He's gone, let's move on - no point dwelling over the reason, and whether you think it's true or not.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/