Author Topic: V retford tonight  (Read 29808 times)

badgerbean

• View Profile
Re: V retford tonight
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2009, 02:20:30 PM »
Enjoyed the evening and not just cos we nicked a point.  Odd being segregated at this level, but thought the area given was fine with good facilities and even let us out for a pint at half time.  A few moans about the £10 entry & £2.50 for the programme, but it was a good programme and when I heard the size of your rent, your remaining disposable income isn't probably all that great.

Take issue with the "thug" comments, agreeing more with some of your "savvy" and "physical" comments, most of out players are simply street wise at this level & know what to do (our most booked player to date this season is Ellie!!)

Hope you make it up behind us as your fan base, ground and facilities deserve it, you shouldn't be here.  Be prepared for a rural experience at Cannon Park in January, bring your coats!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2009, 02:53:32 PM »
Enjoyed the evening and not just cos we nicked a point.  Odd being segregated at this level, but thought the area given was fine with good facilities and even let us out for a pint at half time.  A few moans about the £10 entry & £2.50 for the programme, but it was a good programme and when I heard the size of your rent, your remaining disposable income isn't probably all that great.

Take issue with the "thug" comments, agreeing more with some of your "savvy" and "physical" comments, most of out players are simply street wise at this level & know what to do (our most booked player to date this season is Ellie!!)

Hope you make it up behind us as your fan base, ground and facilities deserve it, you shouldn't be here.  Be prepared for a rural experience at Cannon Park in January, bring your coats!

Nice one Badger. We are the last team that should be moaning about thugs as over the years we have had a few of our own. I thought your boys were a bit tougher than us and as you say probably a bit more street wise, with the exeption of the two footed tackle in the centre of the pitch. For what it's worth I thought Church should have been booked for diving into your dug out at full tilt as well as your man.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2009, 05:01:54 PM »
http://scottdalton.posterous.com/paul-hurst-interview-v-retford

What is the pen incident he is talking about? There were so many farcicle incidents that I don't remember a stand out one?
When Parker launched a long throw into the box, Jamie Clarke was being hugged quite tightly from behind
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2009, 06:06:19 PM »
http://scottdalton.posterous.com/paul-hurst-interview-v-retford

What is the pen incident he is talking about? There were so many farcicle incidents that I don't remember a stand out one?
When Parker launched a long throw into the box, Jamie Clarke was being hugged quite tightly from behind

Didn't really standout at the time cos it was going on at every throw/corner etc so I'd given up taking much notice as he clearly wasn't going to give owt.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2009, 06:08:58 PM »
Exellent post P O D, Of all the posts on this subject, yours says the right things,Agree with most things you say, I would add , I thought Newsham was very slow and sluggish, a more sharper striker would have scored many more goals, I myself have not been impressed by him, in any of the games I have seen him play in,  Ricky Miller would in my opinion have done as well, pity he was not given a chance to play for BUFC this season.            
Last night just goes to show how cruel the game can be. After a more up beat tempo and better play in the 2nd half it was us with the momentum and the players sensed it. With great support and our confidence building, I felt the goal was about to come. But then thanks to some hand bags the game was ruined by what I think was a very dirty tatic of retfords. Obviously duffer knew eactly what he was doing and it worked for them by disrupting our play and us taking our eye off the ball - excuse the terrible pun, which resulted in a cheap goal being conceeded.
The 1st half wasn't electrifying and we struggled physically against them. Any possession we had was lost quickly and we struggled to produce goal scoring opportunities. I think a bit of a telling off and a few subs seemed to do the business in the 2nd half. I went away mostly pleased with the team as they showed character in the 2nd half to get stuck in and battle with a physical team. Like others, I'm too worried about the strength of some of our players. It's a physical league certainly and we need to find a couple of muscular types to upset and disrupt these teams play. Up front if we're more clinical with the opportunities we make, we'd see a big increase in goals. Jamie Clarke had a beautiful chance in the 2nd half with only the keeper to beat, it sailed other the bar. Thats just a typical example of us not taking the chances when they arrise. If we adpopt the 4 4 2 and stop long balls flying up and down the pitch, we can do much better and do ourselves justice. Long balls can only be collected by big players who can shield the ball and battle with defenders. we dont seem to have them type of players so passing football is the only other option I believe just like in pre season. I dont think were using all of the pitch to play on, they need to run into space for the man on the ball and create options for the player to pass to. We're just far too rigid down the centre of the pitch and it gets messy with players bumping into each other. A few tweaks to the squad and it could be very good.
Keep the faith

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2009, 06:58:50 AM »
did anyone else here the man in the 'Fantasy Island' stand slating Ellie all the time saying he was crap when he was at the club?

So he was crap when he helped us stay up last year?
I bet if Ellie was still at the club then that man wouldn't say that

I heard several calling Ellie which IMO is disappointing as he has been fantastic for us in the past, but Ellie being Ellie gave as good as he got.

If that was the case then it was as disapointing as the result. Thinking about it probably even more so. If it wasn't for him a couple of others back end of last season it is arguable whether or not the club would be featuring in this fixture at all

Shame on any supporter who resorted to such comments