Author Topic: Anyone remember this away shirt?  (Read 2808 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Anyone remember this away shirt?
« on: June 24, 2013, 09:52:13 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Vintage-Boston-United-Football-Shirt-/190852962514?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c6fb918d2&nma=true&si=ZDOx%252BsxLvMWocj0U3QeeuCNDC%252Fk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If I'd seen it before the auction ended I'd have bid a bit more than the winning bid?

I can honestly say I don't remember seeing us in that shirt, it looks like a mid 90's one but I recon Leicester Pilgrim will put me right!

If anyone's got one in XL I've £25 burning a hole in my pocket! ;)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone remember this away shirt?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:07:12 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Vintage-Boston-United-Football-Shirt-/190852962514?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c6fb918d2&nma=true&si=ZDOx%252BsxLvMWocj0U3QeeuCNDC%252Fk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If I'd seen it before the auction ended I'd have bid a bit more than the winning bid?

I can honestly say I don't remember seeing us in that shirt, it looks like a mid 90's one but I recon Leicester Pilgrim will put me right!

If anyone's got one in XL I've £25 burning a hole in my pocket! ;)

Arse, I didn't see that either.  Don't remember the kit either, love it though.  Someone got a bargain.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:44:35 PM »
I have a vague idea we always used to play in green at Emley (it tended to be Monday evening game and presumably we hadn't had time to wash the shirts from Saturday) but I don't think it was that shade.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 06:31:44 AM »

Sorry to disappoint Andy, but I don't recognise it either. The green away kit I remember was a different shade (emerald) and had navy blue sleeves - see comparison below.

Judging by the combination of manufacturer (Paulas Benara) and sponsor (Batemans) though, the one on eBay was presumably between 1993 and 1997 - that's assuming it tied in with the same combination for the home kit.  ...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Boston_United/Boston_United.htm

Whilst we're on the subject of kits we've all forgotten, can anybody remember that Vegas sponsored kit allegedly from 1997-98?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 06:55:41 AM »
That shirt Cav is wearing is the only one I can remember as well, I've got one of those......

The 'Vegas' shirt was a reserve/youth shirt, one has been doing the rounds on eBay for years.

Surely someone remembers it? :-\

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 10:47:58 PM »
Paulas Benara ebayed a load of stock off from random years a few years ago.  It could be that we never wore the shirt as some of the stuff was test products and was never produced. These shirts may now be resurfacing for a sell on.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.