Author Topic: thieving B%^&rds  (Read 7895 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
thieving B%^&rds
« on: September 23, 2009, 06:25:18 PM »
were at it again in Eagles car park on Tuesday night.
If you are offered a cheap Sat nav or cd player please feel free to smack the theiving tosser.
I believe at least 3 cars were done. One of the lads works for the club and not on shed loads.
If you hear or are offered anything please inform the police.
Next time it might be you

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: thieving B%^&rds
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 07:40:10 PM »
Thats been going on for years, parked down that road 5 yrs ago and some bastard took my stereo, did £450 damage crowbarring the window frame for a Sony stereo that he wouldn't have been able to sell on as it was Mini Disc and worth nothing to the common pub goer  ;D

Which reminds me, I never did see any police response to that, as far as they are comcerned the car is still garaged awaiting forensics after I was asked to keep it as I found it to help them with enquires.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 08:36:06 PM »
  Same thing happened to me at Boston's previous night match, parked at bottom of york street in the ncp car park, made a hole in the passenger door the size of a 50p piece, enough to flip open the lock, pinched my youngsters PSP, love to find out who it was  >:(

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:26:50 PM »
I was done in Eagles car park twice  about 9years ago , it was coming up to christmas so I kept my eye on the sales and wants. The exact same radio as mine was advertised for sale, I rang the guy up and asked how old it was and if he had the box for the flip off front(told him it was wanted as a chrissy pres). He told me it was virtually brand new but he didn't have the box for the flip front. My car was 4 months old and I had the radio front box at home. He also told me he had a few different priced radios for sale .I got the blokes address and went to the police armed with my crime number and radio serial number. They told me I would have to go and buy the radio back if it was mine before they could get involved. I asked plod on the desk what he would do if an old lady in her eighties had come in all I got was a blank look. I told him I would go with a mate and if it was my radio, kick the sh"t out of him. I was then told in no uncertain terms I would be done for gbh. And the Police wonder why some of the public are not to helpful when they put out appeals. Basicly they didn't give a toss.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 09:42:57 PM »
You can guarantee it is the same person/s every week, almost worth hanging round waiting for the sound of a car alarm to catch them at it (on your way to your weekly Baseball training of course  :-\)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 09:49:17 PM »
tbh my lad got done in there a couple of yrs ago (eagles car park).
I asked about cctv in there and was told it had been nicked !.
When he got his done a couple of others also got caught. These arent chance happenings, they must look at the fixtures and know the coast is clear for a couple of hours.
How about sticking those "town rangers" in there on match night?

I saw on another post about parking at Ashton being dodgy, maybe we should be warning other fans?
thanks for the other postings - its more of a problem than I realised

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 10:02:26 PM »
You can guarantee it is the same person/s every week, almost worth hanging round waiting for the sound of a car alarm to catch them at it (on your way to your weekly Baseball training of course  :-\)

to quote the Churchill Dog "oh Yes"

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »
Were out again tonight.
Someone who works for the club (and attending fire work display) had his car done in Rowley rd tonight.
If your offered any In Car Entertainment items, please tell Plod

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 09:38:46 PM »
Were out again tonight.
Someone who works for the club (and attending fire work display) had his car done in Rowley rd tonight.
If your offered any In Car Entertainment items, please tell Plod

They have had patrols going round on match days cos we were giving a talk by a policeman on a matchday a while ago. The thieves were probably getting desperate by now if they have lost their matchday income

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 09:57:14 PM »
Eagles car park at night is one thing but this was on a residential street!
Brazen or Stupid your guess is as good as mine but either way there is a young lad on a low income been robbed, whose insurance is going to go through the roof.
It just mars a really nice family orientated night out.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 10:31:44 PM »
Noticed a shady character on a mountain bike down Spayne Lane looked like he was eyeing up!Why dont the local police sit undercover in Eagles car park at night time?

Seenbetter

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 08:18:32 AM »
Kingofnaves has got it right. Why doesn't some imaginative CID person set up obs on the area, especially Eagles car park. Handing out crime prevention leaflets is useful but the easy way out. A tip for the Police- Evening Game + Dark Nights + Cars equals An opportunity to catch the thieving *astards.
How about a make shift sign at entrance to Eagles car park saying Don't Park Here. Thieving *astards At Large.

dazzybabie

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 01:25:05 PM »
I was at the mother in laws on Pilgrim Road on wednesday night when the fireworks was on, and there was a young lad in a small silver Peugeot having it looked at by a not at all interested copper cos someone had done his passenger side window and nicked some stuff.

Again its the dark nights and thieving drug abusing granny beating scum bags trying to make a living. Cut their balls off i say.

All you can is warn folks i suppose

Dazzy

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 01:33:23 PM »
I saw more coppers inside the ground last night than I see walking around the town!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 05:59:22 PM »

Plenty of police TV documentaries nowadays show "Rat Trap" vehicles, where a car is rigged with hidden cameras, and left in a vulnerable hot-spot location with some kind of goodies openly on show. It doesn't have to be anything expensive - you could use packaging from some form of electrical good or perhaps even a broken lap-top. (Has anybody got one of those)?

Maybe one should be deployed in different locations around the ground on matchdays?