Author Topic: Nathian Stainsfield  (Read 15404 times)

Old yellow

• View Profile
Nathian Stainsfield
« on: June 15, 2013, 05:33:56 PM »
According to Spalding site Nathan has signed for them

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nathian Stainsfield
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 05:42:17 PM »
No big lose really not good enough for our level but now very short in defensive areas.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »
No loss hey? Nathan was the only defender to give 100% in every game and was the outstanding player of the season in away games. I was told a few weeks ago he was offered a deal same as last year ( which I understand was amongst the lowest in the squad) and was asking for another 20 quid a week. If he was offered a deal the manager clearly wanted him but if a measely £20 cannot be found I fear for the quality of any further signings, for goodness sake lets have something from the club to lift the spirits as I am beginning to regret purchasing my season ticket so early.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 06:19:06 PM »
The signings so far have been decent and I'm sure there is players out there who can replace stainfield.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 06:21:04 PM »
I wouldn't say he is no loss, however based purely on quality, there are better players out there at this level.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 06:26:46 PM »
Nathan was one of the very few who gave 100% in every game and he's going to be a big miss.

I can only assume its more money at Spalding, but given what I hear he was on here, which was a pittance and less than I earn in a day, I guess it was a no brainer of a decision.

I'm with oxo, I'd love to find a positive for next season but there aren't any........the club are selling the support short again and its disgraceful.

Good luck Nathan.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 06:33:11 PM »
Very likeable lad who gave his all for the shirt. If he was offered more elsewhere then so be it, didn't think he currently had quite enough to be first choice and hoped he would develop over the year. We already have a player to develop in Ward so maybe 2 in the squad was too many anyhow. 
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 06:35:15 PM »
Nathan was a good player who gave 100% every game. but the club as a budget and if people are not happy that we are not paying that extra couple of quid then why not go support spalding or ferriby. Id have a 10th place BSBN club over no club in 2 or 3 years time over a club buying there way up the table.

Good luck to Nathan and if he wants to take the step down for the extra few quid then i cant blame him. as for us we just get on with it

truthsayer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 06:45:15 PM »
You can give 100% of your ability but if your crap then your crap.
Bye bye deadwood

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 07:03:22 PM »
You can give 100% of your ability but if your crap then your crap.
Bye bye deadwood
ohh bit harsh but with The Milky Bar gone then surely more money in the pot to get good replacement

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 07:13:22 PM »
Spot on bostonshire and we move on and support the club and the new lads. Plenty of time to get replacements in no need to panic but we do need a new centre half and left back urgently. I agree we have ward as a development player so no big loss. Just my opinion.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 07:29:51 PM »
I,m sorry to see Nathian go , always sad to see a genuine clubman leave , although many Spayne Laners will disagree .    Time will tell if it is a move to bring in an acceptable experienced defender .
Certainly a great signing for Spalding .

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 07:34:56 PM »
Spalding's typical attendance: 250
Typical admission for United Counties League: £7
Gate receipts per game: 250 x £7 = £1,750

Boston's typical attendance: 900
Typical admission for Blue Square North: £10 (to keep the maths easy)
Gate receipts per game: 900 x £10 = £9,000

Our gate receipts are more than five times what Spalding get. I know the rent is crippling us and I know there's historical debt, but when you consider the gate receipts alone it is a poor show if Spalding can out-budget us on the playing front.

I liked Stainsfield as a player. I thought he was a candidate for player-of-the-year, particularly away from home. Whatever his shortcomings, he is far too good for the United Counties League. He can't have moved for footballing reasons and it can only be about the money. Like Jamie Yates before him, he's now gone down in my estimation.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:37:28 PM by York Street Pilgrim »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 07:59:56 PM »
Spalding's typical attendance: 250
Typical admission for United Counties League: £7
Gate receipts per game: 250 x £7 = £1,750

Boston's typical attendance: 900
Typical admission for Blue Square North: £10 (to keep the maths easy)
Gate receipts per game: 900 x £10 = £9,000

Our gate receipts are more than five times what Spalding get. I know the rent is crippling us and I know there's historical debt, but when you consider the gate receipts alone it is a poor show if Spalding can out-budget us on the playing front.

I liked Stainsfield as a player. I thought he was a candidate for player-of-the-year, particularly away from home. Whatever his shortcomings, he is far too good for the United Counties League. He can't have moved for footballing reasons and it can only be about the money. Like Jamie Yates before him, he's now gone down in my estimation.

I think 200 is more like Spaldings average YSP .  Working on your estimate of £1750 recipts :

Take away Vat about £350
Energy bills say         £IOO
Match officials ,
travelling costs           £250

This leaves about £500 pound a week for wages at most .
Remember a signing they made last week is reputed to be on £350 per week . ?
Not the sort of way I want to see our club run .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »
Over 400 GHM !  Not as much as Evans gave him!