Author Topic: Nathian Stainsfield  (Read 15425 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nathian Stainsfield
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 08:03:44 PM »
Newton is a very sensible and realistic businessman. He is totally right and he will give us a club we can be proud of once again and I agree we can't go boom or bust like other clubs. It's not sustainable and will end in tears. True Boston united fans should understand this and stick with the club and support them cos without newton and kempster we wouldn't have a football club that's a fact. Be very grateful and let's get behind the lads for this coming season. Together we can be succesful and achieve things.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 10:18:44 PM »
As we don't know what the budget is we are all speculating. Having read the article three times in the NLP today by David Newton I am still trying to make sense of it. The first paragraph in bold print states " Boston United players are under no pressure to finish in the play-offs, despite their prolific early transfer window activity" It then goes on to quote Mr Newton as saying " The goal is improvement. We want to see progression and we want to make the play-offs, that is the aim. But if we fall short of that then it would still be seen as progress. I think we are looking well at the moment". It then goes on to say that Greene will have the same budget as Jason Lee last year. So nobody is any the wiser regarding the budget with the exception of the board, Messrs Greene and Lee. It would be unfair for me not to quote what the Chairman said towards the end of the peice, " We are trying to get Boston United on a break even basis. Other clubs are happy to run up a massive deficit and we have to compete with that. I can't do anything about it; we are trying to build a stable football club."
As I said a rather strange article but one that clearly says that until we are in a far better financial position it looks like we should not build up any unrealistic expectations.

What is a massive deficit?

(Latest accounts of BUFC show liabilities of £1.7m)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 10:21:01 PM by Steelihat »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 08:14:11 AM »
As we don't know what the budget is we are all speculating. Having read the article three times in the NLP today by David Newton I am still trying to make sense of it. The first paragraph in bold print states " Boston United players are under no pressure to finish in the play-offs, despite their prolific early transfer window activity" It then goes on to quote Mr Newton as saying " The goal is improvement. We want to see progression and we want to make the play-offs, that is the aim. But if we fall short of that then it would still be seen as progress. I think we are looking well at the moment". It then goes on to say that Greene will have the same budget as Jason Lee last year. So nobody is any the wiser regarding the budget with the exception of the board, Messrs Greene and Lee. It would be unfair for me not to quote what the Chairman said towards the end of the peice, " We are trying to get Boston United on a break even basis. Other clubs are happy to run up a massive deficit and we have to compete with that. I can't do anything about it; we are trying to build a stable football club."
As I said a rather strange article but one that clearly says that until we are in a far better financial position it looks like we should not build up any unrealistic expectations.

It's relative to turnover surely,  Massive in our case would be larger than massive in for example North Furbies case.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 08:26:07 AM »

A massive deficit is only a problem if the person you owe it to calls it in, Mr Newton in our case and Mr Swan in Trinitys. If that person decides to leave and not call in the debt then all is well, if not s**t and fan comes to mind.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 01:02:31 PM »

[/quote]

A massive deficit is only a problem if the person you owe it to calls it in, Mr Newton in our case and Mr Swan in Trinitys. If that person decides to leave and not call in the debt then all is well, if not s**t and fan comes to mind.
[/quote]

Quite agree, but some people want him to throw even MORE at it or they're staying away etc.
How about if we season ticket holders offered up an extra £100 each????
Wouldn't clear anything BUT may enable DN to get in the calibre of player that the "moaners" want!
Be worth it to get them off here :)
Mind you I still don't think they would stop.

Well done to lazy/tap in Newsham btw.

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 02:47:26 PM »
Can anyone update me on who else hasnt signed from the remainders of last yr , not sure about Marshall / fairclough / ward / G Mills / Milnes?

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 05:31:44 PM »
Are we entitled to a transfer fee for Stainsfield?

We've offered him terms and he's only 24. (As I understand it, 24 is the cut-off point for being able to ask for a transfer fee). And let's face it, if Spalding can afford some of the wages they're supposed to be paying they can afford to pay the odd transfer fee or two.

If we are entitled to something then I hope somebody at the club is actively pursuing this. If Lee and Canoville had handled things better a couple of years ago then we'd have got something from Barrow for Adam Boyes, and I wouldn't want history to repeat itself.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »

We've offered him terms and he's only 24. (As I understand it, 24 is the cut-off point for being able to ask for a transfer fee). And let's face it, if Spalding can afford some of the wages they're supposed to be paying they can afford to pay the odd transfer fee or two.

If we are entitled to something then I hope somebody at the club is actively pursuing this. If Lee and Canoville had handled things better a couple of years ago then we'd have got something from Barrow for Adam Boyes, and I wouldn't want history to repeat itself.
Dont think he was on a contract?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2013, 08:46:49 PM »

Boyes was not interested in signing contract , he made it clear when he came that he was looking for a club in a higher league .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 10:22:54 PM »
And now he's in the same league......... ;D

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2013, 10:57:32 PM »
Not for long. He's joined Gateshead.  :)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2013, 11:02:48 PM »
Not for long. He's joined Gateshead.  :)

He's not the only one leaving them.  Barrow boss, Dave Bayliss, has the task of building a new seventeen or eighteen man squad from scratch with all of last season's squad looking like they will ply their trade elsewhere.
United we stand..................

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2013, 10:52:12 PM »
Probably Nathan was going to sign but his name wasnt on the wanted list when he turned up ;)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2013, 07:13:16 AM »
Probably Nathan was going to sign but his name wasnt on the wanted list when he turned up ;)
WARD in the standard yesterday, I wonder if he his trying to say help someone come and get me out of hear.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2013, 11:25:27 AM »
WARD in the standard yesterday, I wonder if he his trying to say help someone come and get me out of hear.
Doesn't read like that at all to me... more likely that he's desparate to play every week, rather than being a bit-part player.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/