Author Topic: Nathian Stainsfield  (Read 15416 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nathian Stainsfield
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »
ONLY two more to go and its a complete clean out,   thats what GREENE wanted.

good luck to Nathan I like young players who will drop to lower leages for game play.

IF he gets good money that's a bonus.

I cant help thinking the 2 that's left with us maybe should have gone with the first batch.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 08:57:54 PM »
Spalding's typical attendance: 250
Typical admission for United Counties League: £7
Gate receipts per game: 250 x £7 = £1,750

Boston's typical attendance: 900
Typical admission for Blue Square North: £10 (to keep the maths easy)
Gate receipts per game: 900 x £10 = £9,000

Our gate receipts are more than five times what Spalding get. I know the rent is crippling us and I know there's historical debt, but when you consider the gate receipts alone it is a poor show if Spalding can out-budget us on the playing front.

I liked Stainsfield as a player. I thought he was a candidate for player-of-the-year, particularly away from home. Whatever his shortcomings, he is far too good for the United Counties League. He can't have moved for footballing reasons and it can only be about the money. Like Jamie Yates before him, he's now gone down in my estimation.

I think 200 is more like Spaldings average YSP .  Working on your estimate of £1750 recipts :

Take away Vat about £350
Energy bills say         £IOO
Match officials ,
travelling costs           £250

This leaves about £500 pound a week for wages at most .
Remember a signing they made last week is reputed to be on £350 per week . ?
Not the sort of way I want to see our club run .
They could cut  their energy bills by contacting  Broker Gas Renewals

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 09:31:03 PM »
I say good luck to Nathan...he always gave 100%...but sometimes not even that can be good enough when you are obviously deficient in certain aspects of your game...Im sure if DG really wanted to keep Nathan that would have been reflected in what the club offered him...

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 09:53:38 PM »
You can give 100% of your ability but if your crap then your crap.
Bye bye deadwood

well said. 100% means naf all if your not good enough. if we you all want boston united to win the league then all players must be of at least con prem standard and above. that will not happen because their is no money. we just have to put up with what we get for many years to come.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 10:20:14 PM »

good luck to Nathan I like young players who will drop to lower leages for game play.

I cant help thinking the 2 that's left with us maybe should have gone with the first batch.

Been away for a few weeks so just need an answer to the question:-
Which two are left?   8)
Thanks  :dan

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 11:25:31 PM »
I don't believe we've been out budgetted by Spalding.  He would have been bit part for us, he'll be first team there so they'll look to give him a bigger chunk of the money.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 07:15:21 AM »

Which two are left?   8)
IF you cant remember the last 2 defenders names then they did not do anything for you either ;) ;)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 08:13:47 AM »
I don't believe we've been out budgetted by Spalding.  He would have been bit part for us, he'll be first team there so they'll look to give him a bigger chunk of the money.
Weve been out budgetted by Spalding!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »

Which two are left?   8)
IF you cant remember the last 2 defenders names then they did not do anything for you either ;) ;)

Not many mind readers on here miele ,  if you had stated defenders then the likes of E K and myself would not have been confused !!!!!

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 11:47:17 AM »
Hope this does not make way for Ward. The far better option has gone

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 12:06:42 PM »
http://www.mikeavery.co.uk/

Just in case the link doesn't work, Spalding averaged 116 last season.......... :-\

I know they and Holbeach are the classic boom and bust clubs, they seem to attract investment for a season, they get all the better players from the locality in and then when the money runs out they all de-camp to the next cash cow.

I don't really buy this 'greedy' image either in Nathan's case, he was on a pittance here and would have been possibly not guaranteed a start, and he'll be getting pocket money at Spalding but get a game every week.......its not like he's a Yeats who'd swap clubs for a tenner and trot out the usual bullshit to justify it.

Plenty of time to bring in someone else but we're mid June now, most of the decent players have been signed up now by ambitious clubs. I'd love to class us in that category but we're not, we're stagnant in lower mid table and if we don't soon see something positive on the ground front we'll be the next Worcester City.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »
Im begining to wish we would fold with all the winging and moaning going on at the mo, simple fact that last year the club made a good loss again. So what ever people say about 1000 people on gates etc its still doesn't pay the bills, If our budget had to be cut to 0 to allow the club to break even and we sat in no mans land and league for 10 years. id support that choice. Remember watching footy in what ever league we are in is far better than shopping with the wife every saturday.
 I wouldn't support any bank roll to bring in any players, even if that ment we was left to feed of scraps

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »
People are entitled to whine and moan, we get charged almost the highest prices of admission and yet we've had two seasons of utter garbage now and no sign of any improvement. Things looked to be on the up while S&H were here but we've allowed all that momentum to be wasted and we're almost back to where we started in the NPL. Two shocking managerial appointments haven't helped for sure but all the goodwill and groundswell of support built up after the Evans years and the rebuild has gone and its not coming back unless we make a statement of intent on the playing side.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 03:38:02 PM »
Thing is in S&H days why they did a awsome job here at Boston we did make 2 massive losses in those season which also shows our budget was way to much at the time.
How losses still show we are over spending in the budget. We all need to face that that unless a uniq managers turns up we will be a mid table team. As for the statment of intent who going to fund it?.  1 Player for example at 150 a week 38 weeks is £5700, to make a good statment id guess you want at least 5 or 6. thats over 30k to find from no where from a club losing 50 to 100k a season.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 07:05:24 PM »
As we don't know what the budget is we are all speculating. Having read the article three times in the NLP today by David Newton I am still trying to make sense of it. The first paragraph in bold print states " Boston United players are under no pressure to finish in the play-offs, despite their prolific early transfer window activity" It then goes on to quote Mr Newton as saying " The goal is improvement. We want to see progression and we want to make the play-offs, that is the aim. But if we fall short of that then it would still be seen as progress. I think we are looking well at the moment". It then goes on to say that Greene will have the same budget as Jason Lee last year. So nobody is any the wiser regarding the budget with the exception of the board, Messrs Greene and Lee. It would be unfair for me not to quote what the Chairman said towards the end of the peice, " We are trying to get Boston United on a break even basis. Other clubs are happy to run up a massive deficit and we have to compete with that. I can't do anything about it; we are trying to build a stable football club."
As I said a rather strange article but one that clearly says that until we are in a far better financial position it looks like we should not build up any unrealistic expectations.