Author Topic: New Left Back  (Read 21144 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Left Back
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 12:40:34 AM »
Dennis Greene has tweeted that the left back he announced a couple of weeks ago should be a done deal on Tuesday.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 03:21:33 PM »
No deal done on left back. This really is dragging on now. Needs sorting!!!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 03:38:51 PM »
No deal done on left back. This really is dragging on now. Needs sorting!!!
you seem hell bent on a left back,now STAINFIELD as gone have we any left sided players.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 03:43:49 PM »
It's dragging on abit apparently agreed a few weeks ago then said gonna be announced today and no I believe the only left footed player in squad is ashley timms.

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 03:55:31 PM »
I would put money on us having some sort of left back by august...I wouldnt worry too much.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 04:16:30 PM »
I guess Greene reads this forum and tweets to keep the moaners happy! Plenty of time to sign a left back as CB stated!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 04:55:39 PM »
I guess Greene reads this forum and tweets to keep the moaners happy! Plenty of time to sign a left back as CB stated!

If he don't there is a few fans that tweet him and moan

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 09:57:47 PM »
Not long to go now!!!!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 10:39:01 AM »
Whats happening ?  no left back signed yet , and the moaners have not complained .
Is patience begining to prevail?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 11:37:59 AM »
Get yer boots on GHM ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 12:44:54 PM »
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/story-19328121-detail/story.html#axzz2Wemk0Uc0

Pilgrims go Wilde in search for left-back as Stainfield departs

DENNIS Greene’s search for a new left-back is nearing its conclusion, with Gainsborough Trinity’s Josh Wilde believed to be his top target.

The Boston United boss has held talks with the 21-year-old full-back, who has decided to quit Trinity following an impressive 12-month spell at the Northolme.

The former Buxton defender does have options elsewhere, but the Pilgrims are one of the leading contenders for his signature.

Greene was tight tipped about the identity of his target, but did confirm he was a young player with plenty of potential.

“We’re talking to a player and we’re hoping to get something sorted in the next couple of days,” said Greene.

Following a drastic budget cut at Gainsborough in the wake of chairman Peter Swann’s move to Scunthorpe United, Wilde and many of his Trinity team-mates have been offered reduced terms.

That would potentially rule out the need to pay compensation for Wilde, who insists the budget cut is not the only reason for his decision to leave the Blues.

“I want to make it quite clear I do not have a problem with Housh (manager Steve Housham),” said Wilde.

“I love Housh, he is a great manager. But I was left a bit disappointed with the club itself and how they treated me with regards to one issue.

“We had sort of a gentleman’s agreement over something and I just felt they did not hold up to it.

“I don’t want to say anymore because I don’t want to disrespect the club, I loved my time there.”

If Wilde does join Boston, it would be a welcome boost to United fans, who have seen a string of players join their arch-rivals in recent seasons, including Mark Jones and Jamie Yates.

Meanwhile, centre-back Nathan Stainfield has left the Pilgrims and joined Spalding.

The popular defender had agree terms to remain with the Pilgrims, but, according to Greene, wanted the security of a contract.

However, the Boston boss wanted to place Stainfield on non-contract terms to give his squad flexibility next season.

“We’ve parted on good terms, Nathan is a smashing lad,” added Greene.

Leading scorer Marc Newsham will miss the Pilgrims’ first two matches of pre-season after being called up by Great Britain for the World University Games in Russia.

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 01:04:17 PM »
Signing new player tommorow

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 01:09:40 PM »
The double bonus is, because Trinity offered him a lower deal than last season whoever buys him wont have to pay a fee, even though he is under 24yo.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 01:16:56 PM »
Get yer boots on GHM ;)

Being left footed and over 24 (no fee) I may be able to step in the fill the gap .
The Spayne laners would love me . :) ;)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 01:52:08 PM »
Where did you here we was signing new player tomorrow shinster?