Author Topic: New Left Back  (Read 21155 times)

Chelsea

• View Profile
New Left Back
« on: June 14, 2013, 01:12:18 PM »
Is the new left back who agreed term 2 weeks ago on a long holiday or has he signed elsewhere?.

Could the new left back be a Gainsborough old boy???

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Left Back
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 02:05:59 PM »
GREENE is dealing with gas leaks at the moment so there will be no player leaks ,unless BUNCE leaks anything out. :dan

Seenbetter

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »
Thanks Miele for all the clues. So we are looking for a WELSHMAN.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »
Whoever it is I think the manager has made himself look a bit of a mug here - trumpeting all about it on Twitter and then 2 weeks down the line still no signing.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 03:41:17 PM »
The deal must of fell through even though Greene said deal was agreed. I heard it was gonna be Martin Drury but really can't it happening now and Wilde would be good signing from trinity but can't see that happening either. Hopefully some good news soon??

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 06:46:25 PM »
We could always do the usual thing - sign a right back and play him on the left :)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 08:36:33 PM »
 I reckon just chill and see what happens. It's not like we have a massive budget or we have a 'must win' season so let's just sit back and see what happens, give Graham a chance and see what the new squad produce. It will be either near playoff stuff or mid table mediocrity . I would love to get promotion but I am realistic. I
So why don't we see what happens rather than debate the maybies.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 08:33:06 AM »
give Graham a chance and see what the new squad produce.

Keep up. The latest one's called Dennis.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 09:10:11 AM »
Has Drury gone? How did he do?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 09:15:18 AM »
I hope this left back sighs soon but not looking likely now is it.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 10:12:17 AM »
Has Drury gone? How did he do?
NOT to bad.

DENNIS & CO won 1 of there last 7 leage games I believe.

NOT to worry about a left back with GREENE & BUNCE vast experience of top payers they will soon have one.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 06:46:23 PM »
Sorry to put a dampener on here, but this is typical. Encouraging sounds whilst season tickets are being bought, with all these signings to be made. Then nothing. So far we have signed two players from sides that were relegated from this league last year, one ex chimp who may have injury problems, and an ex player who never quite made it the last time he was here and whose track record says he may move on after the first six weeks of the season.

The fans deserve better than this. We all know the financial constraints, but why do other sides in this league always seem to get players and we pick up whats left.

I hope I am wrong and we get some good players in pre season, but I am getting a bad feeling  already about this new seasaon. On top of this we are told all players who were offered terms at the end of last year have signed on, and now the only official info on the official site is that Stainfield has left.

To state the obvious-- what is going on??????????

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 07:11:13 PM »
I thought no one had officially signed until July anyhow as we try to avoid paying over the summer months (a wise move for a part time outfit.)  My understanding was that a lot of these signings are merely verbal agreements.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 10:54:28 PM »
Sorry to put a dampener on here, but this is typical. Encouraging sounds whilst season tickets are being bought, with all these signings to be made. Then nothing. So far we have signed two players from sides that were relegated from this league last year, one ex chimp who may have injury problems, and an ex player who never quite made it the last time he was here and whose track record says he may move on after the first six weeks of the season.

The fans deserve better than this. We all know the financial constraints, but why do other sides in this league always seem to get players and we pick up whats left.

I hope I am wrong and we get some good players in pre season, but I am getting a bad feeling  already about this new seasaon. On top of this we are told all players who were offered terms at the end of last year have signed on, and now the only official info on the official site is that Stainfield has left.

To state the obvious-- what is going on??????????
come on folks give all the new signings a chance!! Lets try to be positive at this stage.Its up to DG to get the best out of the players, with plenty of friendlies I am sure he will--otherwise they will be gone.sounds like we also have a left back plus Charles.Still need a big target man, and another central defender at least!
Do you still stick by this comment DT you made last week?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 10:56:01 PM »
Dont think NS was going to sign for BUFC