Author Topic: Betting odds  (Read 9171 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Betting odds
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 08:00:52 AM »
Seriously n40 why do you bother with the depressing and negative posts. We are meant to Support the club and be optimistic about the season ahead. Being positive and getting behind the club is the only way we are gonna move forward and progress as a club.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 08:14:21 AM »
Seriously n40 why do you bother with the depressing and negative posts. We are meant to Support the club and be optimistic about the season ahead. Being positive and getting behind the club is the only way we are gonna move forward and progress as a club.

After 10+ years of patter, surely you realise that it ain't going to happen and that you just need to embrace the negative energy.

Still looking forward to the new season like I look forward to all seasons, the beauty of football is that we never truely know what it'll bring.  It should never be promotion at whatever cost and if we need to bide our time in the division waiting for a year there are not stupid spenders then so be it.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 09:16:26 AM »
Couldn't agree more LCB we need to be a sustainable football club and build for the future not boom or bust no way can north ferriby and the likes continue to spend silly money to chase the dream on small crowds. I'm glad our club is doing things properly and look forward to the season.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 05:03:19 PM »
Thanks Norty40 I just hope you win!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 06:37:57 PM »
Crikey, no fun to be had here then!!  8) LCB, you are totally correct.  ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 12:15:10 AM »

After 10+ years of patter, surely you realise that it ain't going to happen and that you just need to embrace the negative energy.

Still looking forward to the new season like I look forward to all seasons, the beauty of football is that we never truely know what it'll bring.  It should never be promotion at whatever cost and if we need to bide our time in the division waiting for a year there are not stupid spenders then so be it.

Interesting thoughts, but , what is a "stupid spender"
is it someone spending more than they earn?

We have, for the last five years or so, but the (ex) chairman covered all losses. So now, we have a much reduced budget, but within income expectations.

BUFC have increased their liabilities (again)in latest accounts, does that make them "stupid spenders"?

Or perhaps the board can see the possibilities, and see it as a progressive investment.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 08:37:31 PM »
Best price now on the high street is 33/1 with Ladbrokes for us to WIN the league. (25/1 generally)

This equates to about 4/1 to reach the playoffs or better.

Is it 4 times more likely we won't hit the playoffs than will?

I don't think so. We won't be far off a playoff spot come next May and at 4/1 I'd rather be backing than laying.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:20:57 AM by qwerty »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 11:20:30 AM »
Always advise people not to gamble but if they must try the following bet .

Boston and Skegness constituency to return the only UKIP  MP in the next parliament  .

Anyone know the odds on offer ?

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 12:58:20 PM »

Boston and Skegness constituency to return the only UKIP  MP in the next parliament  .

Just watch how many of the big politicians (from all parties) will suddenly find out where Boston/Skegness is and decide we need a visit!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »

We have, for the last five years or so, but the (ex) chairman covered all losses. So now, we have a much reduced budget, but within income expectations.

BUFC have increased their liabilities (again)in latest accounts, does that make them "stupid spenders"?

Or perhaps the board can see the possibilities, and see it as a progressive investment.

What are your "income expectations " this season Steeli ?

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 08:45:14 PM »

Usually need to know the runners before you can price a race up but if Farage, or more likely a big name tory defector stood they would be a 'racing cert'.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 08:27:25 PM »

What are your "income expectations " this season Steeli ?

Not privy to the actual figures.

My guess would be they will budget for around £100k through the gate ( roughly speaking 430 paying adults x21 games, equivalent )
Around the same through sponsorship, season tickets, raffles ,donations and other fund raising activities.
The Blues club are supporting the football club again, so something there ( unknown at this time)

Wage bill around £3k per week (for contracted players x 40 weeks) plus another 200/300 per week for non contract players. Perhaps a budget of £150k for the season.

Not including other initiatives, and transfer fees received or any income from cup ties.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 11:45:50 PM »
In betting terms i see us more as a 20-1 shot, thus should be around the top 10. And to me, if we achieve that then i would be happy in terms of improvement.  Would love to see some answers off N40 , who keeps getting questioned as to what indeed would make him happy !  Over to you N40 ??

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 06:21:00 AM »
I believe a top ten finish will be a good solid season and show good progression. N40 moans when then club have overspent in the past and now they trying to run the club properly he still moans. No pleasing some people.

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 10:22:59 AM »
What odds for a posative post from N40 Mr B