Author Topic: Betting odds  (Read 9172 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Betting odds
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:54:59 PM »
for BSN 2013/2014 season .
Favourites  Brackley  5-1

Boston and Histon    50-1
                   Worcester               100-1

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Re: Betting odds
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 10:09:57 PM »
Worth a pony at 50/1  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 06:54:42 AM »
Worth a pony at 50/1  8)

Glad you think so........

But deep down we know the bookies aren't often wrong.

Lets not kid ourselves, we are in the league to make up the numbers, nothing else.

Challenging for promotion isn't on the agenda.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 07:54:21 AM »
Love the optimism n40!!!! We could suprise a few people and I really hope we can, aslong as we progress from last season and give it a good go and help bring the fans back. I will be happy. Let's get behind the club.

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 08:21:03 AM »

Worth a pony at 50/1 

Lets not kid ourselves, we are in the league to make up the numbers, nothing else.

YAWN YAWN

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 08:28:55 AM »
50's seems long.  Hoping that holds until the each ways come out as I'd fancy a flutter for us to make the top 4.  Not saying we will but we've a better chance of winning it than 50-1. 

What are Ferriby sitting at?  Now they have Jarman and are spending for fun, I might take them as an each way outside bet.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 10:38:43 AM »
Worth a pony at 50/1  8)

Please tell me NF, what would make you optimistic for the future of BUFC?
United we stand..................

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 10:39:03 AM »
If I were a betting man I'd have a few bob on NFU too........and then reinvest the winnings on them blowing up once the money goes.

I'd also have money on us winning programme of the year again, it seems things like that get priority over a challenging team.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 12:05:27 PM »
If I were a betting man I'd have a few bob on NFU too........and then reinvest the winnings on them blowing up once the money goes.

I'd also have money on us winning programme of the year again, it seems things like that get priority over a challenging team.

The players we have signed so far sound OK to me. Possibly better than OK. What makes you so convinced they are duffers?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 01:49:43 PM »

Not for the first time recently N40's I find myself disagreeing with you Sir, how do remotely compare the programme being a priority over a team that will challenge?

For exactly the same amount of money, we could just as easily have a pish poor programme, the fact that we don't, simply confirms that the people who produce it do a blinding job doesn't it?

Certainly doesn't impact in the least what happens on the pitch nor I would wager a bet does it take a penny farthing away from the Budget the manager has.

Come on, stop being such an old misery, preseason will soon be here, the sun will come out and all will be well with the world

Come on N40's join in with the actions....................

"If you're happy and you know clap your hands, if your happy and you know it clap your hands, if your happy and you know and you really want to show it if your happy and you know it clap your hands!"  :bunny :bunny

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 02:44:53 PM »
I would have thought a professional, award winning publication would attract a higher readership, meaning increased income from sales, which in turn would make it likely to attract additional sponsorship.  I certainly can't imagine that the money spent producing it would be in any way likely to reduce the playing budget. I've no idea how much it costs to produce, but once sales and sponsorship are taken into account I would like to think it was at the very least covering costs, if not making a small bit for the club.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »
Maybe a case of expecting nothing, making success feel better?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 06:14:05 PM »
I see the Euro millions is huge tonight. Would you give any of the jackpot winnings to BUFC? And how much of £95,000,000?
 8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 09:50:50 PM »
On bet victor:

Boston 25-1
North Ferriby 40-1 has to worth an each way bet at least!!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 07:01:28 AM »
I see the Euro millions is huge tonight. Would you give any of the jackpot winnings to BUFC? And how much of £95,000,000?
 8)

None of it, its not a charity. Whats the difference between a football club and any business in town? If I gave to them how could I justify NOT giving to a struggling town business that employed a lot more people? Some people need to get real, BUFC are no special case just because they are a football club.

I thought about this the other night, I'd give some to the BHF, some to The Stump Restoration Appeal and some to LIVES. Then the kids would be set up for life and a few friends would be well looked after......it should leave me a bit to open a bit of a property portfolio.

But, like a BUFC promotion push, its not going to happen.