Author Topic: Tinpot  (Read 7817 times)

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
Tinpot
« on: May 29, 2013, 03:30:13 PM »
Just seen that tinpot lot have announced darryn Stamp as their assistant manager! We all know how that works out, also they have announced ryan williams as player coach, must REALLY be struggling for funds haha

Steelihat

• View Profile
Re: Tinpot
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 08:05:55 PM »
Nice to see you are  interested in GTFC

As you are aware, our budget has been cut, and most have been offered greatly reduced terms. Some have moved on, and some have committed to the club, on less money.

Lee Warren, (assistant manager) has left, and Stampy has agreed to take on the role, alongside playing.
Ryan Williams has returned from Ferriby, and as his playing career comes towards its end a player/coaching role suits all parties.
Dom Roma, and Greg Young have re- signed, and Phil Barnes has returned from Alfreton. Some others are still considering the offers, and Houshy has other options lined up.

Looks a little more positive than it did a month ago

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »

As you are aware, our budget has been cut, and most have been offered greatly reduced terms. Some have moved on, and some have committed to the club, on less money.

Lee Warren, (assistant manager) has left, and Stampy has agreed to take on the role, alongside playing.
Ryan Williams has returned from Ferriby, and as his playing career comes towards its end a player/coaching role suits all parties.
Dom Roma, and Greg Young have re- signed, and Phil Barnes has returned from Alfreton. Some others are still considering the offers, and Houshy has other options lined up.

Fair play for turning it round.  I expected implosion over the summer.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 09:47:04 PM »

Not really sure what we expected tbh.

Simon Russell, Brad Barraclough, and Liam Davis ( from Brigg) have signed tonight

Stanrat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 10:10:29 PM »
We have also re-engaged our 3 u24's, Luke waterfall, josh Wilde and terry hawkridge. Should they decline the terms any club they join will have to pay a fee.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 05:11:45 PM »

Simon Russell, Brad Barraclough, and Liam Davis ( from Brigg) have signed tonight
WELL done to you so far, GREENE hoped to get ROMA and one or two more.
GREENE got rid of our lower leage players or should I say DRURYS players.
I don't think he wished them well or a thank you for there efforts in keeping us up.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 07:56:59 PM »

WELL done to you so far, GREENE hoped to get ROMA and one or two more.
GREENE got rid of our lower leage players or should I say DRURYS players.
I don't think he wished them well or a thank you for there efforts in keeping us up.

Dom Roma is a rare breed these days, someone with a "proper" job outside football ( he is a teacher) so the money is of less importance than to others. Fans player of the year, and not too far travelling, must have been other factors considered.

Greene seems to have turned BUFC around in a short period, and has the backing of the fans- could be a good season ahead. Good luck ( but not against us) think DN deserves it

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 08:58:33 PM »
Mark Jones also has a "proper" job (I assume you mean career?) outside of football, as I think he's a trainee electrician? Didn't stop him moving for extra money.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 11:21:02 AM »
I see Yeats unsurprisingly was one of the first to jump ship and further his 'career' at North Ferriby, a club I'm absolutely embarrassed to say are in the same league as us.......Trinity I can put up with as they know no better than this level, but it shows how far we've fallen when we might share a mid table finish with a club with not one genuine supporter, like Vauxhall and Solihull.....

Good luck to Gainsborough in their relegation battle next season, I've a feeling we'll not be ever so many places above them.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 11:39:06 AM »
We don't need negative attitude we all know its gonna be a tough league this season but us fans have a massive role to play in trying to help take this club back to where we belong. Up the pilgrims.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 07:55:24 PM »
Nothing wrong with a sense of reality.

Anyone who thinks this club will be anywhere near the top 5 is kidding themselves.

We've embraced mid table mediocrity, despite all the chairman's words I don't see any actions towards reversing the trend of the last few seasons.

Still, I'm sure the community side will win some award so all is OK......... ::)

Chicken legend

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 08:13:49 PM »
Yawn yawn yawn...surprise surprise negativity before a ball has even been kicked. :-\

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 08:20:05 PM »

Anyone who thinks this club will be anywhere near the top 5 is kidding themselves.

We've embraced mid table mediocrity, despite all the chairman's words I don't see any actions towards reversing the trend of the last few seasons.

Still, I'm sure the community side will win some award so all is OK......... ::)

Newton out ?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 09:18:44 PM »
No, not at all.

Just saying, he wants better but we all know money talks.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 11:00:38 PM »

Things look promising in regards to next season in my opinion. Drury knew what the problems with the squad were; lacked a couple of decent centre halfs, holding midfielder, a big man upfront and needed to be a little less vulnerable in our style of play. Unfortunately he bought in all of the 'type' of players we needed but all (Lister, Watt, Foster and Smith) were well below the level required for Conf North and have now returned to their level. Instead of coaching the players on how to see a game out we ended up playing the worst style of football I've ever seen st YS; throw-ins looked like a poor imitation of an Olympic sport!

In my opinion Greene got the call spot on with every player as regards to the retained list. Field was promising but not good enough to be a regular in a top side at this level and left first time because he didn't want to warm the bench. Silk was the biggest disappointment of the season after how good he was first time round. Haystead was a decent shot stopper but didn't organise his back four and the rest as I have said were sub-standard Drury signings. Many have questioned retaining Stainfield and Ward but at times they have both looked good, are young strong lads with the right attitude and probably very low earners as they were signed from reserve sides who pay nowt! I expect them to be our fifth and six choice defenders at the start of the season though as Greene said in an article he wanted four new players along with Marshall for the back five next season.

New signings look good with Timms being labeled 'the best in non league' although seeing is believing. The young defender from Corby was probably the most talked about away team player on the terraces last season which speaks volumes and we have signed the baller wining midfielder we needed who has a fantastic record at this level. The only Greene signing to wear the amber shirt so far was Mills and he looked at very good winger at the end of the season.

Players coming in seem to be of much higher quality than those released presumably requiring higher wages? Either Greene is a very good negotiator or he has more money to spend on wages due to not having two sidekicks unlike Lee and Drury? With only Bunce to help him who may be still unpaid as I believe all associated with the reserves are. No fitness coach or expensive number two means more Indians and less chiefs?