Author Topic: 28 years ago today  (Read 2352 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
28 years ago today
« on: May 11, 2013, 07:24:00 AM »
Bit of nostalgia...

Boston United were at Wembley in the FA Trophy Final. Tragically the Bradford fire was on the same day.

Time to reminisce? Great goal by Cookie and good penalty save by Kevin Blackwell. Good performance in the second half, though we didn't really do ourselves justice in the first half. Wealdstone's first goal came from a corner that should have been a goal kick (still annoying, even after 28 years).

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: 28 years ago today
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 09:05:44 AM »
great day out. 11 at the time and still got my flag and scarf from the day.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
What a day to remember ,i remember pulling into baldock on the way there and just seeing a sea of black and amber
what a sight . even though we lost it was still a great day out no crying like some man city fans today  :o
Was very sad news about Bradford but as it was pre mobile phones and I think the radio on our bus was broke I
did not know about it till later :(

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »
I can remember that day,thought we were going to do it in the 2nd half but it wasn't to be.

Can recall moaning on the bus about the Linesman and the 2 offside against Diddy,but soon stopped and thought things could have been worse when hearing the Bradford disaster coming through.....

Still have the press cuttings and pictures of the rounds leading up to the final,the final and the Sunday morning at the Assembly Rooms in a scrapbook :)

One game that made me think it was our turn to go to Wembley was the 5-4 V Blyth when Dominic came on and changed the game in front of a sparse crowd on a cold night if memory serves me right...