Author Topic: New signings???  (Read 12086 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
New signings???
« on: May 09, 2013, 07:56:09 PM »
Its all very quite on the signings front. I thought we were expecting a few signings soon after the season finished?? Any ideas on when we will see some activity on the signings front??

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New signings???
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 08:35:06 PM »
Dennis did say he had short list and that he "wanted to get business done quickly" which may me one or two have said no?

Pilgrims007

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 09:50:05 PM »
Dennis did say he had short list and that he "wanted to get business done quickly" which may me one or two have said no?

I really hope we sign some hungry players and not players that are just here to pick up the money, (GTFC players?) I hope not . Would love a top left back and centre back and a big forward.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »
Could be players that contracts havnt ended yet, So not announcing until. Just a different  reason to throw in the hat

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 10:39:44 PM »
It would also be good to hear soon if those offered deals have signed as I'm sure DG won't have given them too long to decide.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 10:27:36 AM »
It would also be good to hear soon if those offered deals have signed as I'm sure DG won't have given them too long to decide.

Ill 2nd that one

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »

I really hope we sign some hungry players and not players that are just here to pick up the money, (GTFC players?) I hope not . Would love a top left back and centre back and a big forward.

Newbie, with (very) close links to the manager?

Have GTFC players turned down the offers?

Is Timms hungry, or have BUFC made him a better offer?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 11:58:52 AM »

1  Possibly
2  Don,t know if we approached players from trinity yet. Greene has not openly said he has not ruled approaches out but has other options first.
3 Hungry to play i hope as we cant offer much in the way of high wages

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 12:20:54 PM »

Reading Timms' interviews, he's at BUFC because we are a big non-league club, and can guarantee first team football. I believe he's Nottingham-based, so it isn't too far to travel, either. I don't think he's in a position to hold himself out for ransom with his past.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 12:53:24 PM »

Reading Timms' interviews, he's at BUFC because we are a big non-league club, and can guarantee first team football. I believe he's Nottingham-based, so it isn't too far to travel, either. I don't think he's in a position to hold himself out for ransom with his past.

I See what you did there  ;D

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 01:42:13 PM »

I See what you did there  ;D

His interview also said he could have gone into the reserves at a league club but felt his best position to take was number 1 at a big non league to get himself games, experience and a foothold to get back to where he wants.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »

That's where we differ then, because I don't care if they chose us because there is more money on offer. DG wont spend what he cant afford or hasn't got, so on the premise he wants them to play, I don't give a nuns armpit how they arrive

A word of caution, if you are to hang about on here, you would be well advised not to mention Grantham players or indeed any from lower leagues, as its a shoe in that the minute you do, the second in fact, you will at best be hounded out or worse, ridiculed, mocked and told to sit in the naughty corner by many who feel that to journey up from pastures UCL, Evostick North and or Prem is a step impossible for players to take...so be warned my friend, be afraid, be very afraid, and why I feel you should take sanctuary behind the call for senior players only to be signed! ;D

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 08:39:19 PM »
At least Evans , for all his faults  usually had the spine of his team signed up by mid May..
  If I was contemplating a season ticket I wouldnt bother until at least 3 solid signings made .
    Management is all about strength of character in any sphere and in soccer you need the contacts as well .
      Plus sailing close to the wind at times but not over the mark  ..
              Being a Fergie  not an E***s .
         So will the present incumbant at BUFC  cut the mustard  ? And cut it long-term ?
                       I know what my answer would be .   

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 10:38:21 PM »
Misserable Git

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 03:59:08 PM »
Could a new signing be on the cards today or tomorrow, DG is certainly putting some interested tweets out there