Author Topic: Six years on...  (Read 1424 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
Six years on...
« on: May 05, 2013, 01:58:23 PM »
Six years ago today we dropped out of the Football League. I'm sure I've got the DVD somewhere.

I wonder what people would have said if asked that day where they thought the club would be in 2013 (bust, probably)? I'm sure most people would have snapped your hand off if your offer was to be one league below Grimsby and Lincoln. How would you evaluate the last six years? I think the consensus was that Tommy Taylor put together a good side in a short space of time in 2007/08, but in hindsight - I can't help but wonder what his budget was like compared to the one with which RS and PH (and JL and LC) finished 3rd with a few years ago - after we'd had successive budget cuts. I remember him saying that the team should be shot if it didn't make the top five. We really should have done with that budget. TT was full-time as well. Not that any of it mattered with the subsequent demotion.

I wonder where we'd be now if the original Standing Alone consortium had taken over the club. Mind you, if one good thing came out of that then it was the hand of Barrie Pierrepoint.