Author Topic: Bufc Steward at Townend!  (Read 10756 times)

Shodfried

Re: Bufc Steward at Townend!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 10:38:03 PM »
I agree with BostonGoals it is a football match and you are not going to shout referee you are rubbish or some shit like that and if you dont like the language or something go Fantasy island stand because people from Townend get behind the team does fantasy island stand or the spayne rd( chestnut homes stand) no i dont think so!

Spoken like a 'real' fan....... ::)

The rest of us will bow to your superior support sunshine. :D :D

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 08:05:39 AM »
So, no photography. Sorry Ken, looks like you'll have to watch the game with your own eyes and not through the lense of your camera. There are clearly some rules that the crowd need telling about.
Why are the tops removed from soft drink bottles. Surely when we buy a drink we become legal owners of the bottle and its contents therefor you are damaging private property, a criminal offence I am sure. and it's no good saying that removing the top is a condition of being sold a bottle because it just wont hold water (sorry).
Why no photography when clearly a lot of people do. You only have to watch Wembley game to see hundreds of camera flashes.
Cookie, you read this forum. How about some notices on the way in outlining dos and donts. How about putting something on this forum. If there are good or legal reasons then fare enough. Or why not keep everything secret, just like the Evans days. Perhaps we are just a bunch of mushrooms.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 08:38:40 AM »
and it's no good saying that removing the top is a condition of being sold a bottle because it just wont hold water (sorry).

Only if you turn it upside down!!!!   ;D

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 12:21:54 PM »
BOSTONSHIRE!apparently the steward on the gate near the York Street toilets.Cant say too much ;)

Seenbetter

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 02:37:31 PM »
I agree with BostonGoals it is a football match and you are not going to shout referee you are rubbish or some shit like that and if you dont like the language or something go Fantasy island stand because people from Townend get behind the team does fantasy island stand or the spayne rd( chestnut homes stand) no i dont think so!

It is a fact that the townenders are usually the ones to 'charge' the atmosphere first. But have you also noticed how quiet the ground is until something comes along and winds everybody up. The other night there were 4 things that created that atmosphere. 1  The useless pratt in fancy dress.  2  Retford trying to cripple our lads.  3  The dugout incident.  4  The way our lads upped the tempo and played much better in the second half.
Normally the ground is quiet until something extraordinary sparks it into life.

TransitVan_

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »
well if ya think there aint enough atmosphere you cheer them up yourself
instead of moaning all the time!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 06:07:13 PM »
So, no photography. Sorry Ken, looks like you'll have to watch the game with your own eyes and not through the lense of your camera.

No, as your eyes are in effect biological cameras that record images onto your retina and are stored in your brain as memories everyone must now keep their eyes tightly shut throughout the duration of the game.  ;D

Fortunately the club fix me up with a photographer's pass for any games I go to and in return they get the photos for the match programme and the official site.

There's never been any objection to fans taking photos with little cameras or their mobile phones - it's people like me with a grands worth of photographic  equipment round their neck that they object to as they think we are taking quality pictures and making money out of it selling the pictures to the press. It sounds as if there is a steward who is getting a bit over zealous.

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »
Keep snapping Ken, you take great photos and keep things going. Nothing but praise for you. As for me getting the noise going, well I know for sure that where I sit it wouldn't do the slightest bit of good. In fact I'd probably get certified or evicted for being drunk. The townenders are the ones who get things going and good on em for that. Anyway bostonfandanny, what you getting at me for after all I stood by you on here last week.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2009, 09:37:40 PM »
Keep snapping Ken, you take great photos and keep things going. Nothing but praise for you. As for me getting the noise going, well I know for sure that where I sit it wouldn't do the slightest bit of good. In fact I'd probably get certified or evicted for being drunk. The townenders are the ones who get things going and good on em for that. Anyway bostonfandanny, what you getting at me for after all I stood by you on here last week.

come into the townend then  ;) better than possibly getting evicted for being drunk  :D

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009, 09:41:37 PM »
great to see some non british fans joining in the other night!

TransitVan_

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2009, 09:46:37 PM »
Anyway bostonfandanny, what you getting at me for after all I stood by you on here last week.

What do you mean stood by me? ???

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »
Yes i saw them!,  they where quite passionate :D,  if they began to love the team and possibly bring there mates it would be quite good,  im sure we have all heard what polish football fans are like

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 09:50:33 PM »
Yes i saw them!,  they where quite passionate :D,  if they began to love the team and possibly bring there mates it would be quite good,  im sure we have all heard what polish football fans are like

Good would certainly help with the "Community Club" tag as well if a few more "international" supporters came along

Seenbetter

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 11:14:23 PM »
Don't you just love it when somebody shakes your pram. Firstly I don't moan all the time. Just ask my dog. Secondly, about bad language. It is not alright to swear out loud just because it's a football ground. We all let out the odd expletive in the heat of the moment. Academics call swearing the lack of ability to articulate but what do they know. A lot of people find it offensive and it's rubbish and pathetic to say if you don't like the language stay away. A lot of people who find bad language offensive like going to football matches. You may as well say if you want to swear out loud you should stay at home and do it. Sometimes we have to take the rough with the smooth. The problem with this country is we let a small minority dictate the standards by which everyone should live.
As for the atmosphere, I would love to stand with the townenders but all that drumming would give me a headache and I'm too much of an old fart to stand that long
Keep it going townenders, your club needs you. I bet there are a lot of clubs, not just non league, who would love supporters like you. Back into my pram now. Goodnight