Author Topic: D G  (Read 36797 times)

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: D G
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2013, 09:53:19 PM »
Yes but you started with I find disgusting
Jesus H Christ. I did find the comments disgusting. It's quite obvious that it's not everyone who stands on that terrace. Anyway that's it I'm done with this forum. I don't need the aggro, I've kept away for a long while and realise now it was a mistake coming back on.

Call it a flounce or whatever but I won't be commenting on here again.

Me either my friend me either

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2013, 10:38:08 PM »
Jesus H Christ. I did find the comments disgusting. It's quite obvious that it's not everyone who stands on that terrace. Anyway that's it I'm done with this forum. I don't need the aggro, I've kept away for a long while and realise now it was a mistake coming back on.

Well I for one hope you both reconsider for what my opinion is worth.  This forum will be poorer without your input. 

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2013, 11:59:06 PM »

Well I for one hope you both reconsider for what my opinion is worth.  This forum will be poorer without your input.
[/quote]

Yes I will second that Woad & Big M are big plusses for this forum, understand some fans concerns and also have them but I will reserve my judgement until the new team/season takes shape.Just hope matters are approached in a professional correct manner with regards to team.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2013, 07:53:38 AM »
+1

It took me ages to drum up the courage to sign on to the forums, and now really enjoy contributing my little bits. Can I add though regardless of if I really hate something or not, you will never hear me get personal nor abusive.

If one you cant make a point without resorting to personal abuse, and yes as was the case at time with Drury, comments that were most certainly vicious and most certainly bordering on the libellous, then stay quiet

I love the eclectic mix of contributors in here, and respect, as opposed to 'always agree!' all their views,(except the really nasty ones that is) and cant understand why anyone simply for other posters disagreeing with them would then opt to never post again. Please don't do that gents,

I don't see anything wrong with what people were saying here, but that said I haven't and most certainly refuse to scroll back through the pages of bile aimed at Drury, especially by one or two that aren't currently active on this thread, and one in particular who appeared to hate Drury with a passion not seen since the days of Mary Millington

Calling someone a gingr C**t, gobby little t*t, and just because he like Evans at one time managed the same club he was now a thieving  bastard, was outrageous and those in charge of the forums should, in my opinion, have removed such drivel the second its posted. Other than that surely anything, any subject is fair game and people can argue their case how they wish pretty much with impunity. Just don't get nasty, don't get personal and everything in the world will remain calm and well

Please don't carry out your threats to leave the forums especially if you read back a couple of pages you may perhaps realise there is absolutely no need

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2013, 09:27:32 AM »
We need to all stop the negative stuff and look forward to a new season and get behind the club. I have took more than my fair share of false claims from certain posters. It's all in the past now so lets look forward to the future.

Boston forever

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2013, 09:43:12 AM »
Omg!!! I have very rarely commented on anything on here, and this will be the last time!! I have never seen such a negative and disrespectful forum in my life. If u support the club, support them through thick and thin!! If ur not happy then go support someone else, just think what u guys are doing to the confidence of anyone who has a conscience and is mentioned on here!

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2013, 09:45:32 AM »
The season has only been over for 7 day and already we are doomed for next season, the manager falls out with people, this player should go and this player should stay!!!! Well the reality is none of you are the manager, I don't think so anyway, so let him get on with the job, buy our season tickets and see what the new season brings?

Is there really nothing to do in the small minded little town that I managed to escape from 23 years ago?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2013, 10:20:51 AM »
Couldn't agree more, we need to support the club and let the manger build a squad. I'm optimistic about the new season so let's all stop the negativity.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2013, 10:35:08 AM »

Agree . What makes these forums tick is the differing views .  As long as is not libellous or abusive no opinion is out of order within reason is my thought .
Negative comments ?  one of our best posters on here is "moaner" but is contributions are some of the best .  (nice bloke off the forum too ).
When we make bold statements we must be prepared to get a robust but measured response , I think tolerance is the key .
To address concerns of posters expressing thoughts about what visitors to the site from other clubs think .   Their concerns are well founded .  I have had a PM from 2 different fans from other clubs asking views on theads stating they would not put on the relevent Patter thread for fear of abuse ,

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2013, 11:00:41 AM »
We need to all stop the negative stuff and look forward to a new season and get behind the club. I have took more than my fair share of false claims from certain posters. It's all in the past now so lets look forward to the future.

Shauney, travelling man and the rest. I am sorry I just don't get it, I really don't understand where or why you think everything on here is being negative?

I think in the main the reverse is true. Do you think UKIP would have achieved what they did Thursday without debate, without diversity or opinions. All we do on here, and I like to think in the main, we do so with enthusiasm and passion is debate and offer our opinions on our club, and they form conversations, the kind of which are debated far more loudly and far more critically on the terraces every Saturday afternoon when our gladiators enter the areas

Apart from the Drury comments, which I will not dwell on further but of which most of the busiest contributors accepted, almost with glee, any subject debated in close and pre-season is by virtue of it being football related bound to draw equal diversity, what on earth is wrong with that?

I don't think its negative to discuss, our new manager, his alleged personality problems, who he lets go, who he wishes to stay, why, who will we sign, or indeed possible fears, playing wise for the new season

If we didn't then use the forums, to share our opinions, thoughts, hopes and fears, in doing so, whilst no doubt it would appease some, as dissention and diversity other than the continuation of the status quo would be eradicated overnight,  not just ours but all bloody forums all over the world would cease to be, what would be the point?

Football is all about emotions, and as we have seen at times the need to control those emotions, but the Drury issue apart which I personally found very unpalatable indeed, I can't be the only one who thinks that in the main, this forum provides the only place for like minded diehards like us to openly discuss all issues of the day, and far from being negative at all, I feel even as a moderate individual, that it's bloody great, I love it, perceived warts and all, and my with my passing message can I wish 'only good things for all who sail in her'   

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2013, 11:03:01 AM »
Peace be with you all my children!!! :D

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2013, 04:16:50 PM »
Don't you mean peace on you?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2013, 04:24:42 PM »
Well here we are then, A week after the season ended and we seem to be moving forward with next seasons plans at a good speed,

Players released some i agree some i don't but then again i could say the same about those we kept.

But thats last season and like the managers we see come and go we wish them well but we now have a new season to look at.

Seems like we have a new keeper coming and a few players to follow soon after so we could nearly have our team in place before pre season starts.

I for one are looking forward to next season, if we don't go up again then so be it longs as i see a improvment and a potential challange for a play offs.

Time to up and keep the faith and put the last season behind us

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2013, 09:00:30 PM »
Good luck to Dennis for the coming season... may the Spayne be with you  8)

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2013, 06:02:16 PM »
I share many of the concerns regarding DG so far. In particular the handling of released players. In a sense, it's largely irrelevant to the club going forward (and you only ever hear one side of the story), but it would be nice to be known as a club that does things properly. I thought the previous comparisons of Drury to Evans were mainly based on him being perceived as more bluster than substance, and the apparent tendency of his circle to come on here to defend him. Any references made to fraud were by the usual wind up merchants whose posts should never be given any sort of credence anyway imho. GD was probably on a hyding to nothing; but equally he did do a particularly bad job, and I don't think we should forget that. Comfortably the board's worst appointment to date I think, which probably justified the quick axing. I think we are in a better position with Greene, and for all the negatives put on here, I'd venture three reasons to be positive:

1) On actual evidence, results have improved. We were in serious freefall under Drury - I was seriously looking up how many teams were relegated from the BSN. The three initial wins probably raised expectations too much and made the tailing off in results look worse than it was, given the squad in hand.

2) Signings. You can debate individual players (I've not seen enough matches to) - but he broadly seems to have the right idea - an entirely new spine. Most of those retained seem to have been kept mainly as squad players. Also, putting off field issues aside, Ashley Timms is a bloody good goalkeeper at this level, so he seems to be aiming for high calibre.

3) He's impressed DN, NK and Cookie, which must have required something at least.

It's very hard to get a good measure of DG as he doesn't seem to have had any particularly long runs with stable clubs at this level. At the moment, I'm cautiously optimistic.

And as echoed by everyone else, shame to see WP go, comfortably one of the most balanced posters on here whose match reports were held in very high regard.