Author Topic: D G  (Read 36792 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: D G
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 10:58:59 AM »
It will definitely NOT be Billy Turley ... 

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 11:09:15 AM »
Ashley Timms? bit of interesting history

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 11:09:37 AM »
Changed my mind after reading article on lincolnshire echo website. I reckon be Ashley timms from Hinckley???

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 11:26:48 AM »
I hope its not that convicted fraudster......we've had enough of his type down here of late.

Shameful if true, surely we can do better than that?

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 11:29:27 AM »
Based on the statements I've heard, my guess was also Timms.  I don't think his past history need be a problem though.  He's freely admitted he made mistakes in the past and has served his punishment.  From what I understand he now wants to rebuild his career and work his way back up the football ladder.  Good luck to him, and if thats with us, lets hope we can benefit from it.  If he signs for us I'll be more concerned about what he does here, than what he's done when he was younger and he's still only 27 I believe.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 11:59:41 AM by Maxross »

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 11:41:54 AM »
"He started his career in the Football League and I think he'll get back there one day"

Read more: http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/Boston-United-set-sign-best-keeper-non-league/story-18857492-detail/story.html#ixzz2S2JQ6Orc
Follow us: @ThisisLincs on Twitter | ThisisLincolnshire on Facebook

Well it definately isn't Budtz at 34 yo he will not be getting back in the lge.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 12:18:59 PM »
N F please don't start moaning before he signs ( glass half full or half empty)

Seenbetter

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
We've had a pineapple head and now we have someone with a beaver on his head (take that whichever way you want ).

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 02:53:28 PM »
Timms did look a good keeper against us and it looks as though it will be him however, I still rate Jas Singh as the best keeper in non league and would love to have him here.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »
N F please don't start moaning before he signs ( glass half full or half empty)

That's funny!  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »
Robert Peat only 6ft 2inch ???

I'm that tall  :) How much would they pay?  ;)  I'll volunteer if that'll help   8)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:42:27 PM by Myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »
Losing confidence in Greene with every passing day. First he comes out and says we're aiming for 7th or 8th, totally underselling a club of our size in this league.

Next he comes out and says he's signed the best keeper in non league, unless he's signing a full time pro from Conf Prem then I suggest he should have said the best keeper at this level or below. And if it had been Graham Drury had said this he would have been crucified on here, because it's likable Dennis Greene nobody bats an eyelid.

He then fails to tell either of his keepers they are not being retained, lacks professionalism, class and again if done by Graham Drury would have taken some stick on here.

The retained list, Ward and Stainsfield? Take it we're looking to not keep many clean sheets this season. Even if they're squad players they'll have to fill in at some point due to injuries, suspensions, unavailability. Whilst on this point, 3 signed + 7 offered + 6 DG says he needs =16 - Ward out on loan, Reed who he says is one for the future leaves 14. So we have 11 + 3 for the bench first team players. The rest of the bench will have to be made of those 2 plus youths/reserves. Not many game changes and that's without injuries etc. I hope he's going to sign more than he says or else we're going to have times where we struggle to put 11 first teamers out...

For all the sh*t Drury got on here, he instilled me with more confidence that Greene is at the moment. Really not looking forward to next season, get the feeling Greene is blagging it and his signings won't be anywhere near good enough, this based on who he's kept, offering Mills when he's not really done anything for example.

I could go on but I think that's enough for starters. A very concerned fan.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 08:26:01 PM »
Agree with some of that, Mills however has looked good so far.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 08:58:08 PM »
Losing confidence in Greene with every passing day. First he comes out and says we're aiming for 7th or 8th, totally underselling a club of our size in this league.

Next he comes out and says he's signed the best keeper in non league, unless he's signing a full time pro from Conf Prem then I suggest he should have said the best keeper at this level or below. And if it had been Graham Drury had said this he would have been crucified on here, because it's likable Dennis Greene nobody bats an eyelid.

He then fails to tell either of his keepers they are not being retained, lacks professionalism, class and again if done by Graham Drury would have taken some stick on here.

The retained list, Ward and Stainsfield? Take it we're looking to not keep many clean sheets this season. Even if they're squad players they'll have to fill in at some point due to injuries, suspensions, unavailability. Whilst on this point, 3 signed + 7 offered + 6 DG says he needs =16 - Ward out on loan, Reed who he says is one for the future leaves 14. So we have 11 + 3 for the bench first team players. The rest of the bench will have to be made of those 2 plus youths/reserves. Not many game changes and that's without injuries etc. I hope he's going to sign more than he says or else we're going to have times where we struggle to put 11 first teamers out...

For all the sh*t Drury got on here, he instilled me with more confidence that Greene is at the moment. Really not looking forward to next season, get the feeling Greene is blagging it and his signings won't be anywhere near good enough, this based on who he's kept, offering Mills when he's not really done anything for example.

I could go on but I think that's enough for starters. A very concerned fan.

Yes if Drury had made these remarks he would been called all the names under the sun, If true about the players waiting in the bar after the game then that is terrible.

Would have had Paul Lister over Ward Tbh.With regards to Mills would like to see how he plays after a good pre season.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:03:45 PM by BosLeake »