Author Topic: Who do we want to sign in the summer  (Read 20324 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Who do we want to sign in the summer
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »

To keep expenses down for training and matches I imagine we'll want to fill a car with players from the Sheffield area (to accompany Newsham and Ross), another car from the Nottingham area (to accompany Fairclough, Milnes and Stainsfield) another car from Leicester (to accompany Weir-Daley and Mills).

In terms of the Leicester players, maybe it'd be worth having a look at Ryan Robbins from Coalville. He's slightly tempramental and likely to pick up a few yellow cards for dissent (think combination of Ricky Miller and Kern Miller). But he is an attacking midfielder who has scored 31 goals from 43 appearances this season, and is probably the main reason why Coalville are in the upper reached of the Unibond League South. If he can get the disciplinary side of his game sorted then he'd be worth a look.

Logistically, that is a great shout about the travelling. It's not unheard of surely for players to suggest players that live in their area and therein could be the solution to what 'may' be a shortfall in DG's armoury...lack of Northern contacts!

As for Robbins, I was reading the Kings Lynn forum a while back and looked at some of his social media ramblings, he's not all there, and certainly a player of that ilk is not for me, though he is apparently a very good left winger, just the thought of it is scary.

But the old chestnut of Miller is one I personally would really welcome, I really liked him before when he was another who had disciplinary issues and would definitely like to see him back especially as he now appears to have settled down. He was apparently in the evostick team of the year and has averaged a goal a game which is undeniably impressive in any league. Another player from Stamford worth looking at though don't know where he lives is Hall their right winger

Using his Southern league contacts, even though it will be a huge journey, something that may be a problem for many southern league players,  DG may be able to tempt Frendo from Hitchin and my word he is another one with a great scoring record this season

See how much fun this is lonegunman...get your guns out of your holster and get into the spirit, who would you like to see? ;D ;)

We need to sign a player or assistant manager from the St Neots area to get Dennis in to work first BG  ;).
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 02:29:29 PM »
Have already thought of that...Frendo could come with the gaffer! ;D

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 04:32:37 PM »
Unfortunately missed the game Saturday, my good lady demanded my attendance and driving skills on bloody shopping trip to Peterborough! >:(

But to cheer myself up, I thought I would risk starting off my first ever new topic ;D

We know who we are keeping, or who many of us may wish to keep but what players would we like to see arrive in the months ahead.

I will kick it off by nominating Peirganinni (or however you spell his name) the centre half from Corby who after twenty minutes of research I found they signed from Stockport, or was it Southport, after he had played a full season there last year in the Conf prem. He looked really solid and impressive when he played against us at Xmas, and the good news is he apparently doesn't live miles away either. He's a Peterborough lad

So who else could we go for...come on names required?

Don't you love it when you are first with the news? ;D

From now on, just call me the font of all knowledge. Great signing 

Now who else did I say we should sign!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 04:39:33 PM »

To keep expenses down for training and matches I imagine we'll want to fill a car with players from the Sheffield area (to accompany Newsham and Ross), another car from the Nottingham area (to accompany Fairclough, Milnes and Stainsfield) another car from Leicester (to accompany Weir-Daley and Mills).

In terms of the Leicester players, maybe it'd be worth having a look at Ryan Robbins from Coalville. He's slightly tempramental and likely to pick up a few yellow cards for dissent (think combination of Ricky Miller and Kern Miller). But he is an attacking midfielder who has scored 31 goals from 43 appearances this season, and is probably the main reason why Coalville are in the upper reached of the Unibond League South. If he can get the disciplinary side of his game sorted then he'd be worth a look.

Logistically, that is a great shout about the travelling. It's not unheard of surely for players to suggest players that live in their area and therein could be the solution to what 'may' be a shortfall in DG's armoury...lack of Northern contacts!

As for Robbins, I was reading the Kings Lynn forum a while back and looked at some of his social media ramblings, he's not all there, and certainly a player of that ilk is not for me, though he is apparently a very good left winger, just the thought of it is scary.

But the old chestnut of Miller is one I personally would really welcome, I really liked him before when he was another who had disciplinary issues and would definitely like to see him back especially as he now appears to have settled down. He was apparently in the evostick team of the year and has averaged a goal a game which is undeniably impressive in any league. Another player from Stamford worth looking at though don't know where he lives is Hall their right winger

Using his Southern league contacts, even though it will be a huge journey, something that may be a problem for many southern league players,  DG may be able to tempt Frendo from Hitchin and my word he is another one with a great scoring record this season

See how much fun this is lonegunman...get your guns out of your holster and get into the spirit, who would you like to see? ;D ;)
[/quote

After checking my predictions, and while on a roll, it looks like Miller and Hall will be signing then, especially with his scoring record and after watching them both in the play off games, and Frendo who can now cadge a lift with the gaffer...our attacking options are all sorted then.

Nesham, Frendo and Miller, my word they did score some goals between them? ;D

I await the club announcement then shall I? ;D

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 05:04:27 PM »
Darryn stamp

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013, 09:51:36 PM »
Chester's joint top scorer - Jarman - been released due to travelling difficulties. Scunthorpe based. Could be worth a look.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2013, 10:08:37 PM »
Good call if we could persuade Jarmanto sign up we could have a side to beat the way things are shaping up...

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2013, 10:49:45 PM »
Chester's joint top scorer - Jarman - been released due to travelling difficulties. Scunthorpe based. Could be worth a look.

He would be a great signing.  I assume he is part time?? and with Trinity out of the running we're the biggest part timers in the region so would stand a chance.  Ferriby are spending big though, so expect them to approach him.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2013, 10:50:05 PM »
Jarman will command a transfer fee and can't see him coming to us. Think DG will be concentrating on getting another centre back and new left back in ASAP. Positive signings so far things looking up.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2013, 03:28:48 AM »
Jarman will command a transfer fee and can't see him coming to us. Think DG will be concentrating on getting another centre back and new left back in ASAP. Positive signings so far things looking up.

Not saying he would come here, but if he's been released why would there be a fee involved?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2013, 06:27:54 AM »
He has been put on transfer list and will command a fee. He would be excellent signing just can't see us getting him.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2013, 09:51:35 AM »
"And with Jarman struggling to the commute to the club from his Scunthorpe base, a decision was taken to sell him."

You're quite right ShauneyG he is on the transfer list and Chester are hoping to get some dosh for him.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:59:11 AM by Bunyan »

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2013, 11:22:38 AM »
For a left back i would get Martin Drury from Bradford Park Avenue! He was quality against us and is experienced! He would be brilliant and then get Darryn Stamp as a target man up front who is also experienced can hold the ball up and also score lots of goals too.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2013, 03:37:56 PM »
For a left back i would get Martin Drury from Bradford Park Avenue! He was quality against us and is experienced! He would be brilliant and then get Darryn Stamp as a target man up front who is also experienced can hold the ball up and also score lots of goals too.

Agreed Drury (if he is the one footed lego head) was quality.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2013, 06:30:40 PM »

Agreed Drury (if he is the one footed lego head) was quality.

Lego hair - Check!

Ex Trinity,Sheffield Utd & Weds and Doncaster