Author Topic: Who do we want to sign in the summer  (Read 20327 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Who do we want to sign in the summer
« on: April 29, 2013, 09:26:05 AM »
Unfortunately missed the game Saturday, my good lady demanded my attendance and driving skills on bloody shopping trip to Peterborough! >:(

But to cheer myself up, I thought I would risk starting off my first ever new topic ;D

We know who we are keeping, or who many of us may wish to keep but what players would we like to see arrive in the months ahead.

I will kick it off by nominating Peirganinni (or however you spell his name) the centre half from Corby who after twenty minutes of research I found they signed from Stockport, or was it Southport, after he had played a full season there last year in the Conf prem. He looked really solid and impressive when he played against us at Xmas, and the good news is he apparently doesn't live miles away either. He's a Peterborough lad

So who else could we go for...come on names required?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who do we want to sign in the summer
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 09:35:16 AM »
Piergiani would be decent signing as would there keeper Paul walker, others players would like to see here are Dom Roma,Luke waterfall,jan budtz,micheal Leary,darryn stamp and Jamie Yates, people can say we don't want players from trinity but the facts are they are lots better than what we currently have, they had 4th best defensive record in the league and that is where we need to strengthen massively!! Also wouldn't be suprised to see dan Jacob,Ryan semple and danny sleath at York street next season.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 10:09:47 AM »
Not Yates, he disappears out of the game too often (same with Semple - I still have this image of him standing on the edge of the box with his hands on his hips looking totally dis-interested) neither do I think he is better than Mills, don't know about Budtz, he didn't look too impressive when he played against us.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 10:30:11 AM »
Not Yates, he disappears out of the game too often (same with Semple - I still have this image of him standing on the edge of the box with his hands on his hips looking totally dis-interested) neither do I think he is better than Mills, don't know about Budtz, he didn't look too impressive when he played against us.

Have to agree with yates and semple, Both awsome players when in form and both could rip a team to bits on there own. but both players spent a lot of time dissapearing out of games

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 10:55:27 AM »
Not sure who but we need 1 striker, 1 midfielder, 3 defenders and a goalkeeper

The defensive players we get in will determine if we do better next year

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 11:45:46 AM »
First priority has to be the keeper and defence and then I would suggest the lack of left sided players is addressed. We need to Have that balance as far to often our attacks break down down the left side. With the right 7 or 8 lads added there should be no reason we can't be play off contenders.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 11:50:16 AM »
Oh please stop talking about Semple and Yates! They both had their chance here and as far as i'm concerned, both failed. Now don't even ask me who i think we should have either, lets just sit back and see who DG brings in, then we can all bloody moan about it!!  ;D

check the grassy knoll and the IPA Green King  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 01:52:35 PM »
Where is the fun in sitting back? The whole purpose about pre season is the speculation on who we would all want to see arrive!

If I sit back she steals me for grass cutting duties...sod that!

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »
Could there be a possibility of sleath coming back, it doesnt look like he is getting as many games as he wants at nuneaton

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 02:10:34 PM »
Yates is a class act at this level and would be great signing. Lets wait and see but there is some good players available this summer.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 02:11:22 PM »
Ah BG, i'm single and I don't have a lawn!  ;D If I could have a choice on who to bring back, then it would be Pearson, make him captain too.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 02:15:20 PM »
Never want to see football reasons back here.Thinking my hard earned cash was going to him would make me wanna stop coming

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 03:04:53 PM »
Where is the fun in sitting back? The whole purpose about pre season is the speculation on who we would all want to see arrive!

If I sit back she steals me for grass cutting duties...sod that!

Grass cutting , taking the wife shopping  !!!!!   Get yourselve a life BG , buy a set of golf clubs .

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 04:07:31 PM »
Golf! I'd sooner cut the grass!  ;D

Oscar Wilde

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 04:34:03 PM »
If North Ferriby don't get promoted would Ryan Kendall, their top scorer, be worth a look?