Author Topic: Keep it up!  (Read 6413 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Keep it up!
« on: April 24, 2013, 08:52:05 PM »
I'm a little concerned regarding the frequency and numbers of posters in this forum. :(

I totally admit to being an old fart! Sad as I am, I'd hope this forum carries on.  :)

Things have slowed down a bit end of season and all that, it happens.

However, it does generate some real topics of interest and the occasional confrontation, which I'm not adverse too!
Last match of the season and mine for a while! I must ask some of my adversaries to wear a symbol so I can identify them, this weekend or do they all look Norfolk?

KON come in your uniform, I'll shake your.....

Hand  :D ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Seenbetter

Re: Keep it up!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:18:30 PM »
I thought it was a bit quiet on here so heres my contribution.
What happens or what is said between the players when they all cuddle together before kick off. Are they voting on whose turn it is in the barrell or do they take it in turns telling a joke. Here's one my mate told us, don't know if it's an old one but it made me smile.
An old bloke is feeling lonely so he goes out to buy a pet for company. He brings home a talking centipede. After a little while at home he decides to go to the pub for a pint so he shouts to the centipede "I'm off to the pub, do you want to come?
There is no reply and while the bloke is putting on his coat he shouts "I'm off to the pub, do you want to come?
There is still no reply. While the bloke is looking for his car keys he shouts "Do you want to come to the pub or not?
The centipede shouts back "I heared you the first time, I'm just putting me boots on"

What do you think is being said in the cuddle, sorry, huddle.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 09:43:51 AM »
I'm a little concerned regarding the frequency and numbers of posters in this forum. :(

I totally admit to being an old fart! Sad as I am, I'd hope this forum carries on.  :)

Things have slowed down a bit end of season and all that, it happens.

However, it does generate some real topics of interest and the occasional confrontation, which I'm not adverse too!
Last match of the season and mine for a while! I must ask some of my adversaries to wear a symbol so I can identify them, this weekend or do they all look Norfolk?

KON come in your uniform, I'll shake your.....

I will wear a cornflower in my button hole to match my eyes and you can wear a cauliflower in yours to match your ears.  ;D

Hand  :D ;)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 12:19:40 PM »
I personally stopped posting on here as the lunatics took over the asylum, this mainly regarding the previous manager. Some of the comments where outrageous and clearly it wasn't about the football it was about a vendetta by some on here.

I know I'm not the only one who stopped posting on here as there wasn't any way reasonable debate could be had, I personally predicted this forum would be a graveyard because of the way people were/are behaving and it certainly looks that way.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 01:52:26 PM »
I would like to shake your hand as a admirer on Saturday MLF , sadly this is not possible as if I take one off my  zimmerframe I am lible to fall . 
Look out for a zimmerframe with a UKIP rosette attached and come and say hello.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 02:04:20 PM »
I'll be in the Town End MLF, you'll know me I'll be the one without the Tash.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 03:11:07 PM »
Good to see your post Woad missed your well balanced comments & also Leicester Pilgrim's and others , sadly yes under GD it went OTT on here , a big help your away match reports.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:13:26 PM by BosLeake »

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 05:15:56 PM »
Good to see your post Woad missed your well balanced comments & also Leicester Pilgrim's and others , sadly yes under GD it went OTT on here , a big help your away match reports.

Thanks. Still here - just been a bit too busy to post lately! How about this as a topic of discussion though ... with next week's Lincolnshire Shield Final looming at Gainsborough, what do people on here think about the format of the Lincolnshire County Cup competitions?

Over the past few seasons I've seen a few Leicestershire County Cup matches as well as the Lincolnshire ties involving United. On the evidence of what I've seen, I have to say that the format of the Lincolnshire competition is not as well thought out as that in Leicestershire. Sides have treated the early rounds as pre-season warm-up games and have generally fielded strong teams and tried to win through. But with the final then taking place later in the season it always seems to get in the way of other priorities and is then treated as a reserve team fixture. The competition completely loses its value. I'd like to think that Boston and Gainsborough will take the final more seriously this time around on account of the league programme having ended and it being the last chance of silverware. But my understanding is that some players may have already been released by the time the match comes around, so you have to question whether it will be an anti-climax. Also, why does the final take place on the home ground of one of the teams involved? Wouldn't there be a bigger sense of occasion if it was on a neutral venue? I know I'd prefer a trip to Sincil Bank, Blundell Park or Glanford Park to another trip up to Gainsborough.

Here in Leicestershire the qualifying rounds are spread in midweeks throughout the season, with the final taking place at the King Power Stadium after all of the league matches have ended. Whilst the midweek games arguably do still get in the way of other priorities, the competition is commercially sponsored and the prize money seems to ensure that clubs (arguably Leicester City aside) actually want to progress in it. Additionally, when you get to the final (at least for last year), the Leicestershire FA produced a glossy brochure - it was more than just a programme as there were also articles about the sides that had taken part in the earlier rounds of competition as well as school's football, local womens' teams, etc. It was a souvenir brochure of Leicestershire football and it put most of the programmes of Blue Square North clubs to shame. For next week's Lincolnshire final I'll be surprised if we get much more than a team sheet.

It would be interesting to get a player's perspective on this. Dan Haystead played in last year's final for Hinckley against Loughborough Dynamo. Is the lure and incentive of playing in a 30,000 stadium more attractive than a trip to Gainsborough?

All being well I intend to watch Gainsborough versus Boston next week and Coalville versus Loughborough Dynamo a week later. I'll see if my views of the two competitions are still the same afterwards. Hopefully the side wearing yellow (or amber) will win both matches.

Anyway,I'll let the forum go back to sleep now.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 06:32:42 PM »
Like BosLeake I have missed WP's match reports for the games I didn't get to.

I've no idea who he is but since I tended to agree with him on the matches I had been to, it always seemed worth trusting him about the ones I missed...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 07:20:08 PM »
Like BosLeake I have missed WP's match reports for the games I didn't get to.

I've no idea who he is but since I tended to agree with him on the matches I had been to, it always seemed worth trusting him about the ones I missed...

Yes WP match reports missed by many of us .
Hope normal service will be resumed next season .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 07:34:54 PM »
LP' is frighteningly far too sensible and measured in his posts........ ;)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 07:45:26 PM »
MLF not able to make the last game! Going to see Jimmy Judo Wallhead!
http://www.judojimmywallhead.co.uk/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:47:33 PM by kingofnaves »

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 07:58:06 PM »
MLF not able to make the last game! Going to see Jimmy Judo Wallhead!
http://www.judojimmywallhead.co.uk/

I am totally astounded by your post!   >:(   

Well, not really  ;)

I've booked a ticket for a female Hungarian mud wrestling match in Turkmenistan  :dan
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 09:22:56 PM »
I went to the Leicestershire Senior Cup final at the Walkers Stadium (as it was then) a few years ago - a much better evening out than watching us at the running track and a crowd of three or four times the size as well.

The Notts Senior Cup runs in a similar way http://www.nottinghamshirefa.com/cups/2012-2013/saturday-senior-cup/results#semi-final. The final used to be at Notts County but I think the cost of hiring the ground meant the Notts FA always made a loss. The final is at Eastwood this season.

I think that an expanded cup might work in Lincolnshire but only if the clubs want it. One problem might be the travelling. Would Deeping Rangers fancy a trip to Cleethorpes Town on a Tuesday evening in November? So maybe regionalise it for the first few rounds. I'd certainly be more inclined to watch us play if it was at somewhere different than the usual venues.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 10:35:33 PM »
MLF! Will you be at York Street on Sunday? Should be good to see Norty40 turning out with the Townender.