Author Topic: Today  (Read 9252 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 12:55:20 PM »
I thought we had good players being miss managed :)

BUNCE as to go reminds me of norman wisdom mouth open doing nothing but stutter.
I think GREENE was to keen to retain the players we no of,they were going nowere for sure.
all the smiles have gone off the faces of the players .,
.i believe instead of going to press and openly blameing our defence for our lost games he should have been man enough to get all of them behind closed doors and tell them all together he was not happy,
did he not learn anything from MARTIN O'NEAL.
IT all starts at the front and yesterday our front and m/field did little to help the back line.
I thought our back line were well tested yesterday and got by very well and haystead on form as well.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 01:38:30 PM »
Whats with the anti Bunny issue. Well respected by all reserve set up, passionate about the game and developing the youth, and has played. So give him a chance you dont know what Dennis wants from him.

On a postive note Histon really freindly place from stewards to bar staff and pubs around the place very welcoming

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 02:05:46 PM »
Whats with the anti Bunny issue. Well respected by all reserve set up, passionate about the game and developing the youth, and has played. So give him a chance you dont know what Dennis wants from him.

On a postive note Histon really freindly place from stewards to bar staff and pubs around the place very welcoming
AGREE with every thing you say about bunny i just think maybe he his out of his dept with the FIRST team.
going on the last 6 games there hardly a Scott and Hurst Duo  ;) ;)and will never get near them for sure. :)

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 08:47:25 PM »
No there not , but the seasons over so perhaps they are trying a few things out now. I was there yesterday and it wasnt pretty but to do one on Bunny is a cheap shot, i doubt you know much about him and his credentials as  a footballing bloke , but my point is dont dig the assistant if the results are crap surely the manager should get your whingeing first and foremost.

And dont give it am i Bunnys mate, but I am from Fishtoft and drink in his dads ex pup but thats my only connection, I just think we perhaps need to stop the negative crap.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 10:14:43 PM »
I have to say twas only my second away game of the season and how I wish I hadn't bothered. If Greene is to keep 7 or 8 of this squad we could be in for another long season next year, as I thought in the main if not being outplayed, certainly over run and worse not by a team exactly known for being capable of doing so. Was pretty poor to be fair

They were quicker, neater, arguably more passionate about the way the played and if it wasn't for some heroics in goal we actually could have taken one a 'hell of a beating' and they seemed to have a really young side out as well

We had a long and heated discussion in the car back, centering around the rationale of getting rid of not only two managers but it might appear to some, then replacing them with one who despite a really bright start, at the moment seems to be faring no better

Someone also mentioned about players smiling or not perhaps, should be more accurate, and he was spot on. Maybe it was just down to end of season boredom, but he's right no-on really looked as though they were actually enjoying it, which in what overall was a half decent game to watch,  might or might not have explained the very lack lustre and hugely disappointing 90 minutes we got  from them :(

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 07:50:33 AM »
QPR made wholesale changes,look at the demise of that club - We do not need wholesale changes,just better players to come in and replace those being released and bring the best out of those remaining.

Once we secured our league status the season was over, forget about this season look forward to next and try and show some faith in the new manager and give him a chance.

The talking points on here should be who will we sign? The launch of the plans for a new ground? Our future as a conference side in twelve months time?

The time for doom and gloom has been and gone,Dennis is right to sign players quickly,Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail.

I for one will look for the team to hit the ground running,but i refuse to denounce the team before its even kicked a ball in the new season.

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 11:48:24 AM »
So that's three managers that have struggled to play a decent tune with the current squad.

I think wholesale changes are exactly what you need.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 01:10:45 PM »
I have to agree and say I don't feel we need wholesale changes. We just need to add the right quality to the lads that are staying. If we are more solid at the back and add quality in area like central defence,left back, left winger,midfield and a strong forward we should be able to progress next year. We need an Alan white type player in at the back no doubt about it.

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 01:31:17 PM »
I have to agree and say I don't feel we need wholesale changes. We just need to add the right quality to the lads that are staying. If we are more solid at the back and add quality in area like central defence,left back, left winger,midfield and a strong forward we should be able to progress next year. We need an Alan white type player in at the back no doubt about it.
So a centre half, left back, left winger, a central midfielder and a striker? 5 out of 11 positions?!

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 02:12:07 PM »
Yep a clear out of Drury's average players.

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 03:22:36 PM »
Yep a clear out of Drury's average players.

Indeed. Point remains that you need a fair sized overhaul of your playing squad if you hope to be competitive next term.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »
New keeper,left back,two centre halfs,natural left winger,centre midfielder and target man with the right signings in them areas we can challenge the play offs. Any thoughts on players we would like to see signed???

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 05:37:24 PM »
So that's three managers that have struggled to play a decent tune with the current squad.

someone got them winning lets not forget the team must have been picked befor greene arrived on that tue.
night we won that one and befor he could settle in we won another 2 games.
the golfers reckon CHRIS COOK and DAVID NEWTON had a big part to play in the sellection of them games ;;; ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 07:51:48 PM »
Same old same old by the sounds of things, we score then let in a daft goal. Well it's near the end of the season and I for one am not bothered it's over. I hope there will be wholesale changes for the next stab at getting close to the play offs next season!!

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny

But he's signed on or offered terms to 6 or 7 of the current squad......... :-\

Thats no the wholesale changes we need.
New keeper,left back,two centre halfs,natural left winger,centre midfielder and target man with the right signings in them areas we can challenge the play offs. Any thoughts on players we would like to see signed???

If we are only retaining 6/7 of present squad we will have space the fill the positions you mention Shauney .   I think you have got it right .     A good start might be Jan Budtz in goal , an ideal target man
Darren Stamp .

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 08:28:33 PM »
They would be massive signings or if not them players of that kind. I hope we can attract a couple from trinity they would improve our squad no doubt.