I had to go to BBC site to get result.
I see Mills got a goal after 5 mins.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 05:52:57 PM »
I'm told it was a dreadful game, typical end of season stuff.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 05:58:09 PM »
Same old same old by the sounds of things, we score then let in a daft goal. Well it's near the end of the season and I for one am not bothered it's over. I hope there will be wholesale changes for the next stab at getting close to the play offs next season!!

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 07:57:15 PM »
A dreadful game on a dreadful pitch, the fourth game on it this week apparently although it was the same for both sides and I have to say the young Histon lads played us off the park at times particularly in mid field and defence, trouble was they were very much like us in that they didn't have anyone who could put the ball in the net and had it not been for Stainfield we could have been on a real hiding. 
I still feel we need new blood in quite a few areas or we are going nowhere. Everyone on here knows we are sadly lacking a good striker, a midfield ball winner and a commanding figure at the back ( How about the Histon number 5 who was excellent today) and two fullbacks and keeper. Quite a shopping list I know but we are carrying too much dead wood.
I will be renewing my season ticket this week as I hope everyone else will as every penny is needed to give us a fighting chance.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 08:31:27 PM »
A dreadful game on a dreadful pitch, the fourth game on it this week apparently although it was the same for both sides and I have to say the young Histon lads played us off the park at times particularly in mid field and defence, trouble was they were very much like us in that they didn't have anyone who could put the ball in the net and had it not been for Stainfield we could have been on a real hiding. 
I still feel we need new blood in quite a few areas or we are going nowhere. Everyone on here knows we are sadly lacking a good striker, a midfield ball winner and a commanding figure at the back ( How about the Histon number 5 who was excellent today) and two fullbacks and keeper. Quite a shopping list I know but we are carrying too much dead wood.
I will be renewing my season ticket this week as I hope everyone else will as every penny is needed to give us a fighting chance.

Oxo, you make a good point regarding season tickets.  :)  I might still get one, though my work has taken me well away from Boston now.  ???  Actually, I'm going to do some more sponsorship instead  :) and let someone else have my dear old seat from many years, seems the decent thing.  8)  A bit international now so will get when possible, missing beer at the Eagle and Indian after!!  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 08:37:06 PM »
The Conference National has finished with three northern and one southern teams relegated. What are the odds on us being moved south next season?

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 08:53:02 PM »
Mmmmm...... teams down there are softer! However lots of downsides too.  :dan
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 09:00:27 PM »
No chance either bishop stortford or Oxford city will moved south I would say stortford.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 09:24:20 PM »
Same old same old by the sounds of things, we score then let in a daft goal. Well it's near the end of the season and I for one am not bothered it's over. I hope there will be wholesale changes for the next stab at getting close to the play offs next season!!

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny

But he's signed on or offered terms to 6 or 7 of the current squad......... :-\

Thats no the wholesale changes we need.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 08:37:06 AM »
I dont think we need a 'good striker' - we have that in Newsham and arguably Weir-Daley. I think we need a different type of striker to compliment those two - perhaps someone taller and more powerful.

Very poor game yesterday though. Histon wanted it a bit more and that's understandable given their league position. I personally would keep no more than about four or five of the squad for next season - otherwise we will be sat here this time next season feeling the same.

DL

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 09:36:01 AM »
I thought we had good players being miss managed :)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 10:54:08 AM »
Greene says he is looking to sign 5-6 players for next season so that suggests he will retain maybe 10 players plus use nutter,sanders and Reid as squad players??

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 11:21:29 AM »
I dont think we need a 'good striker' - we have that in Newsham and arguably Weir-Daley. I think we need a different type of striker to compliment those two - perhaps someone taller and more powerful.

Very poor game yesterday though. Histon wanted it a bit more and that's understandable given their league position. I personally would keep no more than about four or five of the squad for next season - otherwise we will be sat here this time next season feeling the same.

DL

I think we'll be sat here feeling pretty much the same next season.......after a positive start its now 1 win in 6 with 2 draws and 3 defeats.

With all the noises being made about who's been kept I don't see anything other than a 'possible' play off tilt. We seem to be keeping the core of a very inconsistent squad.......how can that be progress?