Author Topic: Next season  (Read 11015 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Next season
« on: April 16, 2013, 10:10:31 PM »
looks like being ultra competitive in BSN.

Barrow, historically always competitive at this level

Telford, as above.

Almost certainly Stockport too.........can't see them wanting more than a season down here.

Throw into that 3 of the current top 5 who'll miss out in the play offs.

We're going to need to make some really smart signings or it'll be another season of consolidation.............

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Next season
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 10:30:41 AM »
Yes looking like North Ferriby United or Hednesford as champs. If Hednesford win tonight they go top.

And then 1 from FCUM, Witton, AFC Fylde and even Rushall Olympic are still in with a chance of play-offs.

I think next season the league will be the toughest in years.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 10:40:20 AM »
It's a shame Lincoln look like being safe >:(
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 10:42:16 AM »
looks like being ultra competitive in BSN.

Barrow, historically always competitive at this level

Telford, as above.

Almost certainly Stockport too.........can't see them wanting more than a season down here.

Throw into that 3 of the current top 5 who'll miss out in the play offs.

We're going to need to make some really smart signings or it'll be another season of consolidation.............

Stockport may well go bust anyway... they're not in the greatest financial position.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 11:12:47 AM »
Can Stockport afford the Conf North? When we went there in the lge they were charging £19 entrance fee, they will not be able to do that in the Conf North.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 06:51:23 PM »
We need to attract the right kind of players who are at the club for the right reasons. I really hope we can challenge next season. I have a good feeling about it.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 08:21:39 PM »
We need to attract the right kind of players who are at the club for the right reasons. I really hope we can challenge next season. I have a good feeling about it.

I've had a good feeling before  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 08:42:27 PM »
Same here MLF! Only time its been negative is when the Dreary Circus rolled into town!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 10:47:46 PM »

I've had a good feeling before  8)
Did it turn out to be chlamydia?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 11:00:05 AM »
I think that will only be if swann can't buy the northholme. He is still trying to purchase the ground so I wouldn't believe what is being said about the budget.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 11:11:54 AM »
Most of what I've read in recent weeks comes across as blackmailing the fans.  "Sell me the stadium or I'm off".  What I picked from this article though was the figure given for subsidising, essentially it indicates that only 20% of their current budget is being met by the clubs revenue with 80% being provided by Swann.  Thats a really sustainable business model!

One thing I've never heard in the press is the reasons why the committe who own the stadium wont sell it to him?  Can anyone enlighten me, surely they must have valid reasons? 

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 11:47:56 AM »
Most of what I've read in recent weeks comes across as blackmailing the fans.  "Sell me the stadium or I'm off".  What I picked from this article though was the figure given for subsidising, essentially it indicates that only 20% of their current budget is being met by the clubs revenue with 80% being provided by Swann.  Thats a really sustainable business model!

One thing I've never heard in the press is the reasons why the committe who own the stadium wont sell it to him?  Can anyone enlighten me, surely they must have valid reasons?

Basically some of the BC committee don't trust him, or believe that the club should not be owned by any one single entity. I do feel for their fans all they want is what any of us want, a successful sustainable club.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 12:03:13 PM »
I think the 20% figure should really make the Gainsborough fans (both of them) take a step back, and look exactly how they are being run.