Author Topic: Cookies programme notes  (Read 8354 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Cookies programme notes
« on: April 15, 2013, 08:35:55 PM »
I read with interest chris cooks programme notes from Saturday and we as fans need to realise what he is saying about David newton propping up the club finacially every year. This will not go on forever so as fans of this great club we must all do our bit to help not only progress but maintain our status as a big non league club. We need to get behind the club and support newton and co in anyway we possibly can.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cookies programme notes
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »
Yes, you and Cookie are right, DN cannot continue to get us out of trouble. We have to come up with a solution soon before the Chestnuts have to pull out  :(

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 09:07:11 PM »
We all need to do our bit and really support the club in anyway possible. Time for the stay away fans to return and prove they love this club and want to see us progress. Newton and co can't do it alone.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 09:23:47 PM »
Season tickets are available!
Speaking to one or two fellow ticket holders who a few weeks ago were not going to renew have decided to give it a go for next year......it's the DG effect

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 09:26:56 PM »
Yeah I ordered my season ticket today!!!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 09:43:04 PM »
I think those fans that are with us at the mo,support the club as far as they can and alot go a long way further than most fans would. As a club we need to look at other ways to get the money than tapping fans all the time as that will also run out

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 06:28:43 AM »

I'm not sure if there's any evidence to prove this, but I've always thought that the league administrators could do more to help all of their member clubs. The problem is that fixture lists regularly give clubs two home games at a time, which then becomes expensive for a lot of fans to attend both - particularly if attending as a family unit. The result is that people end up picking and choosing their games rather than going to them all. It can get even worse through a combination of postponements, rearrangements and cup ties, and we played at home for about seven Saturdays in a row from late October through November and into December. That has got to have had an effect on revenue.

In years gone by I'm pretty sure that the pattern was more commonly set at home-away-home-away-home-away from the start of the season. It'll never stay like that due to postponements, etc., but at least having that pattern from the outset would (a) give fans more time to save up between matches, (b) spread out the wear and tear on pitches potentially reducing any postponements, and (c) even out revenue streams and travel costs rather than having both constantly up and down. Of course we need other solutions to try and help the current board. But maybe a revision of the format of the fixture list would assist all clubs across the country? Is it something that club chairmen could raise via the league's AGM?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 07:13:08 AM »
I agree totally with what your saying Leicester pilgrim. I know it's hard finacially for fans but we all must realise that the board need our help. The chestnuts have done a brilliant job and have cut the losses year on year and I'm sure if we all pull together we can help deliver our new stadium and make us a sustainable football club. Together we can achieve success.

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 08:25:01 AM »
Although i agree the club needs our support,you cannot expect people to part with hard earned money just because it is our club.

The club have to put in place the structure to win these fans back,after two bad seasons,one inexperienced manager and one bad manager
being appointed,and a poor quality of product on the field.The chances are the club may have already lost these fans to other activities.
It is important that the club and the fans work together to get this balance right

The early bird discount should be offered until the end of june,so that the so called stay away fans can see the development on and off the pitch.

More incentives need to be given to families to encourage even more young fans - not free entry but a junior pilgrim season ticket priced at £10  for any area of the ground providing an adult season ticket is purchased.Or £20 if purchased individually for certain areas of the stadium,the club cannot afford it some may say,well with crowds down from the 1800 mark when Scott and Hurst first arrived,i would say that we cannot afford not to,what's the point of a near empty ground.                                                                                                             Ok so we are signing 8 maybe 9 of the exsisting squad,it has its positives,but look were we are have finished in the league with this group of players - it will be the new signings that encourage people to invest and the performances on the pitch for those who prefer to pay on the day.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 10:18:02 AM »
Although i agree the club needs our support,you cannot expect people to part with hard earned money just because it is our club.

The club have to put in place the structure to win these fans back,after two bad seasons,one inexperienced manager and one bad manager
being appointed,and a poor quality of product on the field.The chances are the club may have already lost these fans to other activities.
It is important that the club and the fans work together to get this balance right

The early bird discount should be offered until the end of june,so that the so called stay away fans can see the development on and off the pitch.

More incentives need to be given to families to encourage even more young fans - not free entry but a junior pilgrim season ticket priced at £10  for any area of the ground providing an adult season ticket is purchased.Or £20 if purchased individually for certain areas of the stadium,the club cannot afford it some may say,well with crowds down from the 1800 mark when Scott and Hurst first arrived,i would say that we cannot afford not to,what's the point of a near empty ground.                                                                                                             Ok so we are signing 8 maybe 9 of the exsisting squad,it has its positives,but look were we are have finished in the league with this group of players - it will be the new signings that encourage people to invest and the performances on the pitch for those who prefer to pay on the day.
cant add anything to that really

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 03:39:55 PM »
If everyone in the ground paid to get in it would make a big difference, far too many freebies

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »
If everyone in the ground paid to get in it would make a big difference, far too many freebies

Too right!

EVERYONE should pay, even the volunteers should give a donation.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 05:39:39 PM »
Agreed! Lets stop giving freebies.No more season tickets as prizes at  the golf comp! Make Dalton, Whiley and Browny pay and they can claim the expenses back from their bosses.The club should ask for stewards who would work for free not for a wage.
Time for a change!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 06:09:54 PM »
And those season ticket holders who cannot make a game, shouldn't be selling/giving away their match ticket...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 06:33:25 PM »
That tickets been paid for!That's fine with me