Author Topic: Yellows?  (Read 2547 times)

Fairfax

• View Profile
Yellows?
« on: April 11, 2013, 11:26:06 PM »
Maybe I've been dozing, but I have just noticed the top of the page. "COME ON YOU YELLOWS!"

It makes old supporters like me shudder. We have always been the Black and Amber, for years longer than The Pilgrims, back to the time of Shoddy's Lane and playing Spurs, we were already steeped in the history of Black and Amber.

To use an old expression: when I hear Yellows someone just walked over my grave.

SOOTY

• View Profile
Re: Yellows?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 12:11:05 AM »
I re posted this in here to keep it all 'together'!x

...and ure bang on wiv this 'yellooows' fingy!!! United have had the same 'transition' in the past 10/15 years of changing shades! CUFC will always be AMBER.....never known them to be yellow. Simple as. I hate hearing it being echoed from behind the goal at a game.......never understood it.....and could never imagine singing it! End of!x Mind you....the lead singer of The Amber Army...came 'out' last year or so.....gay. Me mams been gay all me life so i've had the culture and reality in me face since aged 5....so it ain;t a homophobic view I put forth.....but.....but.....do you think he as the dominant singer/starter....could have been more influenced towards 'yellow'....as opposed to amber....because he liked brighter colours or summink? Or...perhaps he didn;t realise the potential dent to the masculine side of men that associates the colour yellow with cowardice.....in heritage terms? Or...tie a yellow ribbon? Did music influence his constant launching of 'yyyyYYYYYEEEELLLLOOOWWWS'? I pose the questions from a philosophical perspective! Are any of your lead singers/main starters gay? A genuine question? If not....then what is your reasons for singing 'yellows'...when it is clearly Amber that i see?!x There has to be a reason for it all? Why sing about summink that ain;t there? It must be in the head....but why?!I've pondered that when I heard him start the songs off? That was before he knew he was gay himself...or accepted it! What do you think Fairfax?!x

LUV
SOOTY
X

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 07:06:59 AM »

I've never understood where "yellows" comes from either. When you look back at some of the photographs from the early days of Boston United (see Ken's site), it is clear that our formative years were in black and white...

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 10:18:52 AM »
Sorry about that. My fault entirely. When setting up the new board it asked for a slogan to put up and I chose the chant that used to ring round the ground when the team needed a lift. Not heard it for a while though!

Chants come and go over the years. So any suggestions for a good alternative?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 12:21:27 PM »
David Newton's Barmy Army
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/