Author Topic: INTERESTING POINT  (Read 2646 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
INTERESTING POINT
« on: April 11, 2013, 07:16:15 AM »
after our game of golf yesterday we talked about boston unt. an interesting point came up.
it was agreed that when D.GREENE came in he would not have known much about our players.
it would maybe take about 3 games to get to know them.
so who selected the team for the first game and had a hand in the next 2 games?? we won all 3 and conceded none.
after them games D.GREENE would have taken charge for sure.
the next 4 games we won one game and conceded 8 goals with no cleen sheets.    (what do golfers no about football)
we do wish D.GREENE and BOSTON UNT.all the very best for the new season

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: INTERESTING POINT
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 10:45:18 AM »
That's a bit deep for golfing tittle tattle. Best to be a lucky than a good manager that's what I say. You are right he knew nothing about the team and very little I assume about the players, but in the same way he would have been slaughtered had the team continued in the same vein of form shown prior to his arrival, and even though personally I think his appointment is wrong, he was in charge, we did win three on the bounce, regardless of how much or how little input he had and they did keep three clean sheets.

So you just have to say well done, and give him the credit regardless of who may or may not have picked the team as you allude.

Interesting point though none the less. Hypothetically if we don't win say the next couple of games or even win any more until the end of the season, armed then with hindsight, I wonder if DN may then may suddenly regret the full time confirmation....even if it's just a little bit?

I wish DG well, very well, and most certainly for next season, the balance of this season to me mean little,  he is our gaffer we all want him to win football matches , but as you raise the point, and proving just how bored we all now by the way, I for one never imagined his position would be made permanent or not as the case may be, until the season ends. Doing so always struck me a bit strange especially as it appears to have been done following the consistent pattern of new manager arrival syndrome

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:52:24 AM »
Surely DG is now using the remaining games to see which players are worth keeping... some aren't, and will be shown by performances.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 01:10:25 PM »
The board needed to make a permanent appointment now rather than in the summer else our out of contract players would have been snapped up by other clubs as they would not stay if there is uncertainty with the managers postion. Lets hope DG can bring us a team to challenge the play offs next season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 01:53:59 PM »
after our game of golf yesterday we talked about boston unt. an interesting point came up.
it was agreed that when D.GREENE came in he would not have known much about our players.
it would maybe take about 3 games to get to know them.
so who selected the team for the first game and had a hand in the next 2 games?? we won all 3 and conceded none.
after them games D.GREENE would have taken charge for sure.
the next 4 games we won one game and conceded 8 goals with no cleen sheets.    (what do golfers no about football)
we do wish D.GREENE and BOSTON UNT.all the very best for the new season

Exellent points miele .   In the interest of fairness you should now invite D GREENE to join you and your pals next Tues to watch your round of golf .
Then we can invite him to come on patter and give us a assessment of your golf .

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 09:14:37 PM »
Always nice to hear a 'full member' progress and show us all his allegiance  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell