Author Topic: Bitcoin  (Read 7120 times)

qwerty

• View Profile
Bitcoin
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:16:19 PM »
Any chance of us being the first football club to accept Bitcoin payments for online purchases and season tickets for next year.

Lets be the first 'multi-currency' club.

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile

qwerty

• View Profile
Re: Bitcoin
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 10:14:33 PM »
Amazon have just announced they have installed BitPay Inc., a payment processor for digital Bitcoin payments to allow vendors to accept payment in Bitcoin.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 01:37:36 PM »

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:35:52 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22110345

I agree with everything in the article but:-

Bitcoin spiked at £170, the mining cost per coin is about £50. At £170 it was understandably sold off, the biggest exchange couldn't handle the transactions and shut down. The price never went below mining costs and major buying came in the market at £55.

I'm not saying Bitcoin is going catch on, who knows? What I do know, as I said in 2008, this monetary system we are on now is broke and peer 2 peer (p2p) currencies could have a place in the future.

Successful p2p enterprises like befair, eBay & zopa are here to stay.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 09:49:41 AM »
Bitcoin breaks £650 ($1000) yesterday.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 01:37:37 PM »
Any chance of us being the first football club to accept Bitcoin payments for online purchases and season tickets for next year.

Lets be the first 'multi-currency' club.

Well we have missed a trick.  If the club had listened to qwerty we would be in a 50,000 seated stadium and in the champions league ;) ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 12:03:49 AM »
Bitcoin is at around $15000

Can you split one ?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 07:59:53 AM »
At the time of this post in 2013 it was trading at about $100, yes you can split.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 09:49:22 AM »
Bitcoin is currently over priced (still by several thousand dollars) but has lost over $2000 since yesterday, and is making lots of headlines. It is only one of several viable cryptocurrencies and the idea of accepting a limited range is not unreasonable but not only Bitcoin. The one that is currently most used at the moment is Ethereum. The club would just need an account with someone like Coinbase where they could convert payments back to sterling, but they would need to do it immediately or risk losing or gaining with the volatility of the crypto currencies market. All the cryptocurrencies are splitable into small fractions of a unit.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 11:21:22 AM »
Easy money if someone had a spare few bob, and invested early doors.  Like the . com bubble will only go one way now I am afraid.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 03:05:07 PM »
Easy money if someone had a spare few bob, and invested early doors.  Like the . com bubble will only go one way now I am afraid.

I just happen to know someone who did just that. We all laughed at him when he kept ranting about it been the next big thing..............

Hind sights a wonderful thing