Author Topic: Skegness Town v Boston Utd Reserves last night  (Read 1781 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Skegness Town v Boston Utd Reserves last night
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:15:39 PM »
Reserves lost 1-0 at Burgh Road last night. Freezing and played in darkness for the last 10 mins, United created little chances apart from a good spell in the first 20 mins. Skegness Town were very disciplined and, to be fair, deserved their win. Once they had scored midway through the second half they always looked like they would hang on to their lead. A well refereed game - but the Lincolnshire League should question the wisdom of 6.30pm starts during this week. It was unfair - and unsafe - for players and officials alike to be forced to play in darkness towards the end of the game.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:26:35 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

new kid on the block

• View Profile
Re: Skegness Town v Boston Utd Reserves last night
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »
think you was at a diffrent game to me matey, agree about the darkness though, i stood behind the goal in the 2nd half and could not see the far end.

i thought the reserves shuold have had at least 9 last night.  lee orry up front worked well hard but didnt take his chances. the lad in centre mid with charlie was amazing covered every bit of the pitch got important tackles in created play and defdended well. how come he is not given a go with first team i just dont know.

little eyatt who has been in welshys youth set up was amazing, they missed liam ogden he is a player who skeg town wud not have delt with. nutts was quiet but had a few chances

are we after the reserves to win games or to develop players for the first team though????????????

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Skegness Town v Boston Utd Reserves last night
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »
the lad in centre mid with charlie was amazing covered every bit of the pitch got important tackles in created play and defdended well. how come he is not given a go with first team i just dont know.

He used to play for skeg town, could have been the playing the former team factor, played along side him before though, quality young player