Author Topic: O/T Maggie Thatcher  (Read 16699 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
O/T Maggie Thatcher
« on: April 08, 2013, 02:07:12 PM »
You either loved her or hated her.

Nearly lost my house in the 90's due to her polices, saying that would not wish her dead, but I know a lot of people who would.

I hope she rests in peace.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T Maggie Thatcher
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 02:14:38 PM »
Crack the Champagne open.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 02:19:16 PM »
Crack the Champagne open.

I know a lot of people who will.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 03:25:09 PM »
Those of you who moan about immigration and benefit cheats would probably have less to moan about were she in charge now.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 03:37:24 PM »
RIP Maggie
Waiting for Monty to post!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 03:38:45 PM »
Those of you who moan about immigration and benefit cheats would probably have less to moan about were she in charge now.

Yes we would have more to worry about EG: keeping a roof over our heads, I have the same mortgage now as when she was in charge, I pay £165 a month now, in the early 90's it went upto nearly £800 a month, people froget.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »
RIP Maggie
Waiting for Monty to post!
May the Iron Lady rust in peace...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 05:00:13 PM »

Yes we would have more to worry about EG: keeping a roof over our heads, I have the same mortgage now as when she was in charge, I pay £165 a month now, in the early 90's it went upto nearly £800 a month, people froget.

This current government is no better. Whilst people's mortgages may be lower, thousands of people are losing their jobs, vital public services are being cut and the cost of heating and fuel is just astronomical. Yet the bankers get away with awarding themselves annual bonuses in excess of what most people earn in a lifetime and 23 of the ministers in Cameron's cabinet are already millionaires. The current crop are forever telling us that "we're all in it together" but they never qualify the comment by explaining "how". Thatcher's days of damaging the country were already a thing of the past so I do hope she can now rest in peace. For the sake of Britain's future well being it would have been better if Cameron had gone first.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 05:12:53 PM »

This current government is no better. Whilst people's mortgages may be lower, thousands of people are losing their jobs, vital public services are being cut and the cost of heating and fuel is just astronomical. Yet the bankers get away with awarding themselves annual bonuses in excess of what most people earn in a lifetime and 23 of the ministers in Cameron's cabinet are already millionaires. The current crop are forever telling us that "we're all in it together" but they never qualify the comment by explaining "how". Thatcher's days of damaging the country were already a thing of the past so I do hope she can now rest in peace. For the sake of Britain's future well being it would have been better if Cameron had gone first.
well said :)

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 07:21:03 PM »
Margaret Thatcher: significant pluses, overwhelming minuses, but really - she was magnificent.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 07:28:27 PM »

She wasn't against the eu anyhow

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 07:33:44 PM »

i was there mate! rates at 15%! (youngsters beware they could go that high again!)
The country is like a business/household, you cannot spend more than you make.
Recent governments put this to one side and borrrowed to keep the voters sweet.
Now we find ourselves (not as bad as some)  teetering on bankruptcy

Like it or lump it she made some hard decisions that needed to be made.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 07:36:20 PM »

She wasn't against the eu anyhow
She certainly would have put up a fight against the laws a parliament in a foriegn land force upon us.

rant over

back to football
Who scored the first Manu goal after Alex Ferguson took over?

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 07:49:26 PM »
I think I've found Dipdodah here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FS0YrTHaEI

LOL m8.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 08:45:10 PM »