Author Topic: Today (part 6)  (Read 8667 times)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today (part 6)
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 12:18:05 AM »
A long journey for a loss but to be fair we deserved at least a draw, we were far away the best team in the first half and had the best chances. A quick goal from them on the counter following our attack saw Connor Marshall unable to get back and Tom Ward making a hash of a tackle not first or last time for either of them. It has to be said that only Stainfield held us together at the back in that second half as Silk also looked like a pensioner. Ben Fairclough was very lively when he came on and frightened them to death.
I couldn't get enthusiastic about Chester winning the title like some on here, all the signs to the ground said Chester City and that in my opinion is who they are, should David and Neil have done the same and gone bust leaving creditors with nothing, starting again three leagues down but owing nothing? It is unbelievable that we are still struggling to restore our good name when teams like this are lauded in the national media.
Sorry about that rant but it needed saying and we should remain loud and proud, next year could be ours. 

Thing is though Chester were seriously screwed, there was no way they could have carried on. We were bad, sure, but they were in much worse shape. Some of the things that happened towards the end there were just comical.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 03:10:46 PM »
A long journey for a loss but to be fair we deserved at least a draw, we were far away the best team in the first half and had the best chances. A quick goal from them on the counter following our attack saw Connor Marshall unable to get back and Tom Ward making a hash of a tackle not first or last time for either of them. It has to be said that only Stainfield held us together at the back in that second half as Silk also looked like a pensioner. Ben Fairclough was very lively when he came on and frightened them to death.
I couldn't get enthusiastic about Chester winning the title like some on here, all the signs to the ground said Chester City and that in my opinion is who they are, should David and Neil have done the same and gone bust leaving creditors with nothing, starting again three leagues down but owing nothing? It is unbelievable that we are still struggling to restore our good name when teams like this are lauded in the national media.
Sorry about that rant but it needed saying and we should remain loud and proud, next year could be ours.

Most of us think the same oxo , but going bust was not an option for us as it would have ended the ground lease and left us without anywhere to play maybe .

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 06:13:03 PM »

There's some video highights here - uploaded by one of the Chester supporters (if anyone wants to sit through it again).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srd_jr11Amc&feature=youtu.be

The Chester manager takes the microphone at the end and is introduced to the crowd as the most successful manager in the history of Chester FC. Maybe that's got something to do with the fact that he's the only manager Chester FC have ever had?

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 09:06:21 PM »
Here is the link to my photos from the game. Enjoy :)

http://www.davidshipman.co.uk/chester-boston-united/

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 01:15:15 PM »

Most of us think the same oxo , but going bust was not an option for us as it would have ended the ground lease and left us without anywhere to play maybe .
Yep, that was our problem.  The last 3 years have seen Telford, Nuneaton and Chester all go up from this division (and Halifax having a good go) having re-formed at a lower level, but the common factor is that they were all able to use their old ground.  No way we would have got back into York St if the club had gone under and re-formed, so it wasn't an option for us - no-one else near enough for us to share with at a reasonable standard of ground.

I have to say I expected a bit more atmosphere on Saturday.  I had trouble parking so missed the first few minutes and as I walked to the ground I expected to hear the crowd in party mood, but all I could hear were the Boston fans!  It really was like a library until the last few minutes when they knew Guiseley were losing - surely it should have been party all the way as the title was really already won?  Was also surprised that so many home fans were leaving the ground straight away - if we had won the title at home, most of the crowd would have stayed for at least half an hour afterwards!  If all the recent success has made them blase about winning, their crowds will soon fall next season when they find life more difficult at the higher level.

ianh

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 03:55:03 PM »

Good shout mate, hit the nail on the head  >:(

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 07:41:35 PM »
Yes BP I thought the fans leaving in droves straightaway was weird too. How long did we hang around at BPA for?

I must also say whilst I think Chester itself is a nice place for a day out, I do find going to the Deva a charmless experience. Not helped by sticking us in the corner, the tannoy announcer who never knew when to shut up (do fans really need to be told to applaud the substituted player?) and ballboys who lose interest in their role when their team goes ahead.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 09:15:04 PM »

From the Boston Standard...

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/boston-united/who-we-play-doesn-t-make-a-difference-says-boston-united-defender-tom-ward-1-4984716

Despite Saturday’s 2-0 defeat to Chester, United beat the champions elect 3-2 at York Street earlier in the season, also notching up a 2-0 win at third-placed Brackley Town.

I was at the game but I can't recall Chester's second goal. I must be losing my memory.