Author Topic: Today (part 6)  (Read 8668 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Today (part 6)
« on: April 06, 2013, 05:27:45 PM »
No disgrace today losing 1-0 at high flying, big spending, possibly won't last, Chester.
Interesting to see our noisy neighbours lost at home.
Appears players are NOT playing for a new contract there

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Today (part 6)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 05:51:19 PM »
No disgrace today losing 1-0 at high flying, big spending, possibly won't last, Chester.
Interesting to see our noisy neighbours lost at home.
Appears players are NOT playing for a new contract there

Last week it was the fans club, this week the players.  When will they start to admit they've spent big and blown it again.  Chuckled to myself when he was asked about Jones, we could have told him he was inconsistent, occasionally brilliant, occasionally appalling, a work in progress but hey, money talks and you wanted him cos we wanted him not cos he could win you the league.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »
Didn't think much of Jones when he was here and thought Gboro got him just to get him away from us. Warning for DG, Jones is not as good as some people think he is.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 05:59:29 PM »
Didn't think much of Jones when he was here and thought Gboro got him just to get him away from us. Warning for DG, Jones is not as good as some people think he is.

Would take him back though, the Jones, SWD, Newsham partnership would be enough with the right players creating the chances.  If he is released I'd worry what money he would want to return.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 06:14:05 PM »
If he is released and he wanted to come back, offer him the money. If he wants more then let him find it elsewhere. There will be plenty looking for clubs, i'd say there are lots of clubs struggling to find the money for stupid players demands.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 06:18:02 PM »
Great news that the 3 players have agreed to stay. Look forward to pre season to see who DG brings in.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 06:27:43 PM »
As predicted the whole house of cards at Gainsborough has come crashing down with the greedy mercenaries who aren't good enough for the BSBP playing within themselves to ensure they get another payday thanks to the stupidity of the club. They know promotion would end their nice little earner and it'd be back to £150-£200 p/w contracts like the majority in this league if they were released after promotion. I wonder where Yeats will end up.......hopefully at some dead end South Yorkshire shithole like Stocksbridge or Frickley on about £100 p/w.........but obviously it'd be for 'purely football reasons'........yeah right......cnut!

I hope they as a club can survive this, hopefully in a lower division after next season because the current model is unsustainable as it stands without Swann's input and I can see a firesale this summer to balance things up........it'll be nice to see Housham eating humble pie after some of the scandalous stuff he's come out with over the last year or so; his tinpottery reached new levels of the surreal today on the radio, boasting about a 400 gate......how embarrassing, if we'd been challenging like they have we'd have averaged a good 1200 through the gate.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 06:29:28 PM »
Jones still has another season on his contract, and Swann says he'll honour all outstanding contracts. That being said, he may just be paid up in the summer...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 07:33:51 PM »
Ha ha n40s I love your hatred of Yates and outright disdain of all things trinity makes my weekend I'd hate Yates yo come here though I'd never go to another game

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »
Would you not like a player of Yates quality back at York street?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 08:17:49 PM »
Can't really fault the team but when we had good spells first half, we couldn't find the final ball or the ball didn't run for us or they defended well
When they had good spells, they looked threatening 2nd half (not first half though)
But the annoying thing was the goal came from our attack which broke down and then Ward didn't cover himself in glory dealing with the winger and the bloke had a tap in at the far stick.

Congrats to Chester anyways, good atmosphere though I thought the crowd was more than 3685 (around 120 of us)

Good to see we've got Ross/SWD/Newsh signed up, probably add in Milnes, Mills and Stainfield and maybe a couple of others.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 08:39:50 PM »
A strange game today - had a typical end of season feel to it and you could always tell that Chester were going to get over the line.

Having said that, Boston gave a good account of themselves. The experienced players performed pretty well and the less experienced looked a little shakey at times - as they have done for most of the season. Nothing really learnt that we dont already know - we need four or five good signings to get us up there and pushing for promotion next season.

An enjoyable day though. The sun shone, good banter in the ground and we know that if we are going to build a ground like Chester's, let's make sure the roofing is a little higher to enable the acoustics to be of better quality.

DL

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 10:02:27 PM »
Ha ha n40s I love your hatred of Yates and outright disdain of all things trinity makes my weekend I'd hate Yates yo come here though I'd never go to another game

My Pleasure....! ;D

If Yates came back I'd be disgusted, horrible, lying, little money grabbing South Yorkshire bastard..........and before anyone accuses me of anti Yorkshire sentiment Mum's from Sheffield!

DG's got some tough decisions to make but I hope he doesn't shirk them, too many here have been part of the inconsistency and mediocrity that have plagued our club for the last two seasons, a clearing of the decks is needed, not rearranging the deckchairs.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 10:13:28 PM »
Your dad will tell you Sheffield and the rest of he south Yorkshire mob is NOT Yorkshire

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 10:54:23 PM »
A long journey for a loss but to be fair we deserved at least a draw, we were far away the best team in the first half and had the best chances. A quick goal from them on the counter following our attack saw Connor Marshall unable to get back and Tom Ward making a hash of a tackle not first or last time for either of them. It has to be said that only Stainfield held us together at the back in that second half as Silk also looked like a pensioner. Ben Fairclough was very lively when he came on and frightened them to death.
I couldn't get enthusiastic about Chester winning the title like some on here, all the signs to the ground said Chester City and that in my opinion is who they are, should David and Neil have done the same and gone bust leaving creditors with nothing, starting again three leagues down but owing nothing? It is unbelievable that we are still struggling to restore our good name when teams like this are lauded in the national media.
Sorry about that rant but it needed saying and we should remain loud and proud, next year could be ours.