Author Topic: V retford tonight  (Read 29862 times)

woad_pilgrim

Re: V retford tonight
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 10:38:18 PM »
That's right we just had the one player stretchered off against fc, so not too unfair
And we had Pearson go off tonight, Church had an elbow to the face that cut his eye. And Wood was the victim of a 2 footed lung that should of been a red, pleased but surprised he was ok to carry on...

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 10:38:28 PM »
 FCUM are funny ..I reckon if they feel like playing they do ..and if they don't they don't ..!

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 10:40:42 PM »
FCUM are funny ..I reckon if they feel like playing they do ..and if they don't they don't ..!

I agree very well put when we pass we're good when we don't we're terrible like against you this season.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 10:45:49 PM »
How how how how how how how? the hell was there not a red card for the brawl.  I know he was inept the rest of the game but chuff me, there were at least 4 yellows for both sets of sides and whoever was on their bench and took a massive swipe should have been walking no questions asked.

There was also that two footed lunge in the middle of the park after Ellie and someone had battled for the ball, straight red card offense there.

So in summary....

We set ourselves up ugly to set our stall out and hope to nick something on the break (some of the best football I've seen away from home) and the people moan.

They try and go at teams playing good football, the people moan we're too lightweight, I despair.

Cracking atmosphere second half, makes a change for it to be for our team and against the opposition, drowned out the 'Suarez your shit' etc.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:50:04 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 10:46:33 PM »
We didn't appear likely to score until Suarez went off. 10 out of 10 for physical effort but I don't know where the goals we need are going to come from. Thats all I will say on the football, I'm saving my venom for a new topic on "Fancy Dress Man".

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 10:53:59 PM »
...and John Frggatt was sat near me in the stand,sign him up!!!!......out maneorved, bossed all over the park,always 2nd  to the ball,improved slightly in the 2nd half not cos we were better cos they coasted a little.Midfield non existent, no outlet ball to play....weak and slow!!!...only positive the fantastic crowd who once again deserve better than this trollope.
What the frigging point was there by evacuated the stand....clueless, the guy was wheeled out with the doctor, and i hope hes ok by the way!!!!...surely keeping everybody in the stand away from the exit was of more sense. Really fed up with this now,why do we need to have all these bloody stewards, why in the unibond league can i not walk from the stand to the town end without some gorilla rushing to the gate to prevent me....laughing stock

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 10:54:12 PM »
Well what a night, first half terrible, had to leg for couple of fags at half time.First 10 of the second half just as poor.then for about 20 or so we stepped on it and regardless of others opion i felt the goal would come untill........

Well i think we all know what happened next, some big issues to be sorted regarding that,

Our number 4 should have got booked for hell balling into the dug out the way he did.
dudfeild and 2 of there subs should have gone for lashing out, there number 6 should have gone for running half the pitch to throw is himself in the mix, dont know wich of there players it was but they made a 2 footed studds showing knee hight takle, strait red by the rules.

Just as dissapointing was the boston fans not leaving the 2 stands when asked to.

1008 did they get that out of a hat.

In true style though all im gonna say is chinn up we will get there.

Spot on my son that's how I saw the game tonight. I thought Church should have won man of the match he certainly put some meaty challenges in tonight. At this moment in time we are a poor side with little confidence. The two managers need to earn their corn this week and somehow conjour up a cup win and then build on it for the next two away games.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009, 10:55:55 PM »
What's effort if it doesn't do the job  ?
   Thought the consensus pre-season was to build on  brick s***houses to compete in THIS League..?
     All we seem to be signing at present are near midgets..
       Don't wish to be seeing a  team of 'gallant ' losers..
      Trust the F.I stand incident not too serious..
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:57:56 PM by father Ted »

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 10:56:46 PM »
We didn't appear likely to score until Suarez went off. 10 out of 10 for physical effort but I don't know where the goals we need are going to come from. Thats all I will say on the football, I'm saving my venom for a new topic on "Fancy Dress Man".
Agreed once Clarke came on it made a hell of a difference. Had my moan about the ref and Retfords dirty play.

As far as the game went thought when they actually tried to play football Retford where very good and pretty much dominated the first half. Second half we made more of a fist of it and looked the most likely to score especially when Clarke came on for the ineffective Suarez. Trouble is as has been said we went for the win instead of sitting for the draw and got caught on the break, don't think the mele helped us but did them. Still a long way to go and I'm sure the managers will make changes, for me Clarke MUST start on Saturday and up front not on the wing.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 10:58:35 PM »
All is not lost. Despite playing the dirtiest team I have seen from any team in this league (this season or last) they also had skill and experience and will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. First half they pressed us but we kept them at arms length. Second half we broke them down and did everything but score; goal line clearence, clarke going for power over accuracy when one on one, sleath and church forcing very good saves from their goalie. After the twenty man brawl farce they scored on the break through a lucky own goal and from then onwards we just pumped long balls to Newsham and Clarke where we were out muscled and out played everytime. The ref had an absolute shocker and should have stamped his authority on the game in the first ten minutes during which time Cotton was unfairly hacked to the ground two or three times. The ref couldn't keep up with play and made numerous poor decisons - the majority going against us. We missed Cannovile and Davidson tonight there experience and strength could have made a difference. Thought the managers got it spot on tonight going 4 4 2 as the majority of fans have been crying out for. Church was man of the match in my opinion. It was refreshing to see two out and out wingers which allowed Newsham to play further up the field. Maybe luck will change and results with it.

Bostons Arab Buyer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 10:58:48 PM »
did anyone else here the man in the 'Fantasy Island' stand slating Ellie all the time saying he was crap when he was at the club?

So he was crap when he helped us stay up last year?
I bet if Ellie was still at the club then that man wouldn't say that

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 11:01:06 PM »
Agreed once Clarke came on it made a hell of a difference. Had my moan about the ref and Retfords dirty play.

As far as the game went thought when they actually tried to play football Retford where very good and pretty much dominated the first half. Second half we made more of a fist of it and looked the most likely to score especially when Clarke came on for the ineffective Suarez. Trouble is as has been said we went for the win instead of sitting for the draw and got caught on the break, don't think the mele helped us but did them. Still a long way to go and I'm sure the managers will make changes, for me Clarke MUST start on Saturday and up front not on the wing.

Agreed, Clarke is the heartbeat of the team when he's on the field. And although Cotton really should be playing on the wing and running at people, it's not hard to see why they were willing to make an exception to get Tyrone Kirk. Camm, Church and Sleath to make up the rest of the midfield. I thought Wood improved again today, although scoring their winner is a bit of a black mark.

Edit - oh, and it's a sad thing to have to say, but it'll do us the world of good the next two fixtures being away from home.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:03:22 PM by Adam Hildred »

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 11:01:54 PM »
did anyone else here the man in the 'Fantasy Island' stand slating Ellie all the time saying he was crap when he was at the club?

He wouldn't say it at arms length either.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 11:06:40 PM »

I heard several calling Ellie which IMO is disappointing as he has been fantastic for us in the past, but Ellie being Ellie gave as good as he got.

bb1

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »
Thought the atmosphere for tonight's game was superb, Townenders give yourselves a pat on the back. Even though we lost it was well worth attending.