Author Topic: V retford tonight  (Read 29845 times)

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V retford tonight
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 10:18:30 PM »
Thought the first half was pretty much a continuation of the Whitby game.Don't think at any point we were "all over them" but I thought we did come out with a lot more purpose in the second half and played with a better tempo.There was no way i felt we deserved to lose.However,we still aren't creating as much as we should and the 4-3-3 isn't helping.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 10:20:38 PM »
I could watch them every week Woad Pilgrim if they get 3 points.We are not strong enough throughout the team.Wait until the winter I can see some of our players being blown over by the the wind!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 10:22:49 PM »
Well what a night, first half terrible, had to leg for couple of fags at half time.First 10 of the second half just as poor.then for about 20 or so we stepped on it and regardless of others opion i felt the goal would come untill........

Well i think we all know what happened next, some big issues to be sorted regarding that,

Our number 4 should have got booked for hell balling into the dug out the way he did.
dudfeild and 2 of there subs should have gone for lashing out, there number 6 should have gone for running half the pitch to throw is himself in the mix, dont know wich of there players it was but they made a 2 footed studds showing knee hight takle, strait red by the rules.

Just as dissapointing was the boston fans not leaving the 2 stands when asked to.

1008 did they get that out of a hat.

In true style though all im gonna say is chinn up we will get there.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »
That's fine then, if anyone thinks you get out of this league by playing football hasn't seen the team from the last three decades, the unibond or old northern prem, has always been a tough league
as many have said in recent weeks the support will disappear without victories

we need wins, no matter how ugly,

I have seen much more dirty teams this season fc united to name one, but maybe people have poor memories

we where second in too many areas today

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 10:27:40 PM »
I could watch them every week Woad Pilgrim if they get 3 points.We are not strong enough throughout the team.Wait until the winter I can see some of our players being blown over by the the wind!

Is 3 points really that important that you'd watch that sort of cynical stuff? Win fairly or not at all. If the ref had given a yellow much earlier in the game he wouldn't have lost control as much as he did. The 1 time we needed a whistle happy ref we usually get and we get someone who let everything goes. Regardless I'm still optimistic despite the defeat.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 10:30:41 PM »
reading between the lines i think we need 2 or 3 big dirty chaps in this league......
after watching these teams last season it was always going to be an obvious recruitment to have some players like that,pretty footy aint going to get us out of this league FACT.i dont meen we have to kick our way out and certainly dont want to see us like that but we do need to beef up a bit.
"till saturday comes"

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 10:31:10 PM »
That's fine then, if anyone thinks you get out of this league by playing football hasn't seen the team from the last three decades, the unibond or old northern prem, has always been a tough league

I have seen much more dirty teams this season fc united to name one, but maybe people have poor memories

Go ask a Fleetwood fan if they played dirty football to get out of this league a couple of years ago, all I've heard is they passed teams off the park. Obviously you have your opinion but I don't think FC where a patch on them tonight. Ugly yes, unfairly no...

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 10:31:36 PM »
4 points out of 18, let's see how long the optimism amongst all fans remains!

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »

Us dirty? we are probably the softest and most lighweight team in this league

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »
That's right we just had the one player stretchered off against fc, so not too unfair

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 10:33:54 PM »
 Seems we are gently slipping down through  midtable  again
   Maybe we are just a test-bed for management techniques this season ..

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 10:34:48 PM »
For what it's worth, I thought it was the best football we've played all season - if we keep playing as we did in the second half, we've got a chance.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 10:35:46 PM »
Feels like it ft

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »
i thought it was better but still shit, should have just been another nil-nil,
What happened with that brawl?? the ref didtnt know what to do like the rest of the match

Also considering the crap on the pitch a majority of the time, the atmostphere didnt  seem that bad for some of the 2nd half

and also hope that steward who had the tumble in the staffsmart is alright!

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2009, 10:37:49 PM »

« Reply #26 on: Today at 10:34:48 PM »   
For what it's worth, I thought it was the best football we've played all season - if we keep playing as we did in the second half, we've got a chance.

Right Thats it, I have lost the will to argue, I am off to bed

thanks all good debate