Author Topic: Retained list???  (Read 13838 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Retained list???
« on: April 04, 2013, 07:29:49 PM »
Who do we think will be retained and released for the new season???

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Retained list???
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 07:58:55 PM »
Foster and smith for starters

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 08:07:49 PM »
Mmmmmm......  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 08:11:08 PM »
MLF im not refering to the alchol drinks ;D

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 08:28:36 PM »
Lister
Watt
Marshall
Silk
Ross
Mills
Milnes
Fairclough
Newsham
Weir Daley
All to be retained and the rest to be released in my opinion.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 10:34:35 PM »
I would keep :

Stainfield
Mills
Milnes
Ross
Newsham
Weir-Daley
Fairclough

DL

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 07:28:04 AM »
Lister
Watt
Marshall
Silk
Ross
Mills
Milnes
Fairclough
Newsham
Weir Daley
All to be retained and the rest to be released in my opinion.

What games have you been watching?

I've only missed a handful of matches (home and away) and will be voting for Nathan Stainfield as my player of the year. We must have been watching very different games if you're going to release him!

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 09:06:01 AM »
Field, Marshall, silk, stainfield, lister or watt (not both) , Ward, Foster, Mills, Reed, Ross (captain next season) , Newsham, Weir Daley, Sanders and Nuttell and maybe Fairclough. Also maybe keep Drury as second keeper    Released: Haystead, Milnes and Lister or Watt.

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 09:46:41 AM »
If we are to be serious promotion contenders then we need to be brutal about the retained list so I would keep lister watt marshell mills milnes ross newsh fairclough dailey stainfield and get rid of the rest and as for player of the season yes stainfield has played well this season but newsh has got to be the player of the season again getting double figures in the goal tally

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 09:57:32 AM »
Pleased to see Ward not on any retained list

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 10:05:09 AM »
I put Ward on retained list

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 10:53:19 AM »
Lister
Silk
Stainfield
Mills
Milnes
Ross
Faiclough
Newsham
Weir Daley
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 01:25:37 PM »
Retain - Silk, Marshall (most improved player this season), Watt, Foster, Ross, Milnes, Mills, Newsham, SWD
Maybes - one of Stainfield or Ward (Ward if he can get back to the form he showed when he first broke into the team, otherwise Stainfield to provide cover across the back 4), Fairclough (if no-one better available), Lister (if he can prove his fitness)
Needs - keeper, left back, experienced central defender, genuine left sided midfielder, powerful forward

That would give us a squad of 16 or 17, with players like Reed, Sanders, Nuttell perhaps sent out on loan to get some experience.  Not sure if we could afford that big a squad?

People love Stainfield because of his whole hearted commitment, and that is what we want all the players to show, but he's still got a way to go to make it at BSN level - gives away far too many pens and FKs in dangerous positions, gets caught out of position etc.  But he would be a useful squad player for the sort of back up role that Liam Parker played in our last promotion team.  Ward has been even more mistake-prone this year so at the moment I'd choose Stainfield ahead of him.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 01:33:06 PM »
For me stainfield is great in the air but positionally poor and his distribution is not great and with DG clearly stating he wants to play football out from the back I don't think stainfield fits the bill. Just my opinion.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 01:45:29 PM »
I have been thinking about this a lot recently and am sorry, even allowing that my opinion is worth no more than anyone elses, how anyone could possibly consider Stainfield as player of the season material amazes me, at very best he has been consistently inconsistent all season, and for me his position is surely but one of many that has to be in serious threat?

Marshall, Foster, Mills. Reed, Ross, Milnes most certainly. SWD yes but only because since DG has arrived he has at last appeared to reacpture some form that was previously missing for months.

Newsham, though is a really huge concern of mine. Obviously we would all, and to man want to keep the lad, even though I still maintain he could graft a bit harder in many matches, but his scoring record is just wonderful, but that's where my concern kicks in.

We dont pay huge wages, haven't for several seasons, and his consistency will surely have not gone unoticed by many teams with bigger pockets than ours and without being too pessimistic I just have this nagging doubt and its one that wont leave me that when August arrives Mr Newsham will not be in our line up, which will be a huge kick in the gunards, nd worse how on earth could we replace him for even close to the same kind of money he will be on :'(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:47:04 PM by B Grimes »