Author Topic: Photos vs Bishop's Stortford  (Read 3143 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Photos vs Bishop's Stortford
« on: April 01, 2013, 11:47:56 PM »
Got home to Leeds and I was expecting there to be a match thread on here to bung a few snaps on. But there isn't! So here's a thread for the pics.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Photos vs Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:26:44 AM »
Its just a shame the quality of your photo's and David Shipman's isn't reflected in the quality of football on offer, which was once again very poor.

905 was a magnificent effort support wise after another season of under performance.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:56:55 AM »
First 30 minutes or so I thought they were playing some good stuff and were well on top. Then Bishop got there deflected goal which you cant defend.
After that heads dropped once again and we never really got going!
It seems that there is still an issue with confidence to me which reflects when we concede.
Still it is still alot better than the stuff we were served with in Jan and Feb.

DG Iam sure will get this sorted in the summer and I still think there will be quite afew players leaving.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Seenbetter

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 09:12:29 AM »
The biggest problem for us yesterday was the height of players. Until Ward and Stainsfield came on we had no one to compete in the air. They were overloaded with tall players and we lost any high balls into their area from crosses. We needed to keep it down low. Enjoyed the game and it was good to see the players enjoying playing for DG.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 10:34:14 AM »
The only thing that worries me about DG is his apparent desire to keep the bulk of the squad.

I'm sorry, but the bulk of this side has been together for a year now, some 2, and we are no further on than we were back at the start of JL's tenure. We're inconsistent, we give away silly goals, the lack of a physical presence in both attack and midfield is a big concern and to my mind all DG has done is get a bit extra out of players who know the season is fast ending and who are looking to impress for a new deal next season.

Nothing much has changed in the last month, footballers aren't daft, they know they've got a good deal at Boston and for my mind the form over the last month needs replicating over a season, not when contracts are close to renewal.

Seenbetter

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 11:06:18 AM »
Hi Andy. Ever thought about writing a book. You could call it 'How to win friends and influence people'. ;D ;D
At least we are better than we were 3 months ago when people on here were saying 'give GD a chance'.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:22:50 PM »
The only thing that worries me about DG is his apparent desire to keep the bulk of the squad.

I'm sorry, but the bulk of this side has been together for a year now, some 2, and we are no further on than we were back at the start of JL's tenure. We're inconsistent, we give away silly goals, the lack of a physical presence in both attack and midfield is a big concern and to my mind all DG has done is get a bit extra out of players who know the season is fast ending and who are looking to impress for a new deal next season.

Nothing much has changed in the last month, footballers aren't daft, they know they've got a good deal at Boston and for my mind the form over the last month needs replicating over a season, not when contracts are close to renewal.

I think what may be misleading you Andy is that this manager appears to THINK before opening his mouth .  Some past managers would come in and declare a big clear -out is needed knowing it pleases the the fans who believe a  "quick fix" can be done .
The players who can improve the side will most likely be tied with a contract until the end of the season
with thier present club .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 01:19:14 PM »
Worry not Andy I think you will find he will only keep a handful of the present squad, the rest he is keeping sweet till the end of the season by saying he is giving them a chance to impress.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 09:23:40 PM »
Worry not Andy I think you will find he will only keep a handful of the present squad, the rest he is keeping sweet till the end of the season by saying he is giving them a chance to impress.

Exactly how I see it panning out.  Much better approach than ruling with an iron fist then finding out that the players actually have to play for you at some point. Yes we've been up and down all year but there are a good few that can cut it when needed, tinkering with the squad and system must be a better approach than a complete overhaul of the squad again.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »

Okay, so.......... "footballers aren't daft"......... I suggest a list is started. Wayne Rooney?
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 10:17:31 PM »
Gazza