Author Topic: Many going to chester?  (Read 6959 times)

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
Many going to chester?
« on: April 03, 2013, 12:55:04 PM »
Despite only pride to play for I do feel we can get something from this game. Most teams during the season will have a double done over them and hopefully we'll do chesters.will many of you be going? It'll be great to show in good numbers.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Many going to chester?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »
Might be going just depends if I can catch an earlier ferry.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 05:07:43 PM »
150 maybe. I'll be there.
Hopefully unlike the Altrincham game, they have enough space to cater for our support, as Alty fans had filled their section and Chester fans needed to be moved to allocate the extra fans coming in.

In a way, it would be nice if they were in a position to win the title Saturday for a big crowd but then we'd probably get shunted to a corner of something.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:58:45 PM »
They may win the league on sat if guiseley lose tonight and chester win tomorrow night. Chester play at gainsborough and guiseley play halifax.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 08:21:04 PM »
Wayne are you going to gainsboro tomorrow night? Have a got spare seats?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 08:38:21 PM »
They may win the league on sat if guiseley lose tonight and chester win tomorrow night.

Guiseley are 1-0 up against Halifax at half-time, so it might not yet pan out. If it did though, then I do remember the last game of last season. I stayed behind at Hyde after the final whistle, watched the trophy being presented to them and thought how nice it'd be for Boston fans to see the same trophy presented again twelve months later. I wasn't really thinking too much about Chester at the time.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 10:42:25 PM »
Guiseley drew 1-1 so Chester need 7 points to win the league.
If they win at Gainsborough and beat us then if Guiseley don't win at Brackley, they win the title on Saturday
If Guiseley win on Saturday or if Chester lose one of the 2 games, they can't wrap it up against us.

But I don't see them losing tomorrow and therefore may have a chance to win the title against us, even if it isn't in their control.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 09:07:23 AM »
Wayne are you going to gainsboro tomorrow night? Have a got spare seats?
No, but will be at chester on sat, then the zoo on sunday with wife and daughter.

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 12:32:45 PM »
Double header this weekend, Chester Saturday, night in L`pool and West Ham game sunday. Newsham or Suarez???

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 01:25:05 PM »
Sacrilige I know, but Mrs G is going shopping in Peterborough Saturday afternoon, so for the first time in yonks I am being dropped off, and taking in the Stamford v Coalville game.

Without exactly knowing why I am actually looking forward to it, (maybe because its only costing me a fiver to get in !) should be a decent match, and also want to see the standard of players generally  but especially Hall and Millar

The NW is too far for me these days...dont get angry though guys, please ;)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 05:50:26 PM »
Just getting my bearings ahead of tomorrow and found this via a search engine - seems Chester have recently had a problem with a gypsy encampment on their club car park. Not sure if this is now resolved ...

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-news/local-chester-news/2012/02/16/travellers-set-up-camp-on-chester-fc-s-exacta-stadium-car-park-59067-30343524/

... If it looks like being an issue then there is a park and ride car park within (what looks like) walking distance (post code CH1 4QW) - might be a safer place to put the car.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 05:52:00 PM by leicester pilgrim »

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 08:33:28 PM »
From Twitter, Beth Tweddle will be at the game tomorrow. She grew up in Chester and will be presenting a player of the month award to one of their players before the game.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 08:34:38 PM »
B Grimes - you will be going to a top of the table clash. I went to see Coalville play Kings Lynn before Xmas and they had Danny Davidson playing for them.

DL

Seenbetter

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 08:59:08 PM »
If I have read it right Tony Gray, Chester striker, has been named Player of the Month. I wont be going but hate to say this I think Chester will win which will make it a good day for travelling support, good atmosphere and the like. Will definitely follow United Live though.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 06:36:40 AM »
B Grimes - you will be going to a top of the table clash. I went to see Coalville play Kings Lynn before Xmas and they had Danny Davidson playing for them.

DL

Was that the game with a 1200/1300 crowd and if my ailing memory allows lots of trouble, exclusions and even arrrests?

Hope there is none of that tomorrow, might come out early! ;D