Author Topic: Dennis Greene's promotion form  (Read 1735 times)

Boston Standard

• View Profile
Dennis Greene's promotion form
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:28:57 PM »

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Greene's promotion form
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 05:24:21 PM »
How many like me find such tampering with statistics utterly ridiculous?
KON and others will no doubt endorse then use them as definitive proof that in Mr Greene we have a messiah  reincarnated, and on top of that it will no doubt give him more ammunition, not that any was needed that they prove the decison was right to sack the love child of Steve Evans before he took us down to the abyss of the UCL, but really.....hasn't the reporter got anything better to do?

We all hope that Mr Green finally takes us to the promised land next season, but as an old fart who has been there and done that I refuse before to give such nonsense any credibility.

Not only that any such stats that include Hinkley to back up any sniff of plausibility is fundametally flawed.....and indeed proof that the worlds gone completely mad, and to think I am missing come dine with me to even respond to such madness then include me in the madness list!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:33:50 PM by B Grimes »

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 05:47:32 PM »

I'm no mathematician, but...

Graham Drury - who got the nod ahead of Greene in December after both interviewed for the vacant role - lasted just 13 matches.

His two wins, four draws and seven defeats would see United in deep, deep trouble.

They would be in 20th on 29 points, a draw off struggling Colwyn Bay’s total of 30 - and 11 points clear of safety

OK, so Graham Grury's form would have earned up 29 points over the season, one point behind Colwyn Bay. But we won away at Colwyn Bay under Jason Lee, and the inference from Drury's figures is that we probably wouldn't have won that game if he'd been in charge. So Colwyn Bay would have probably have had three extra points. So we'd then be four points behind them and fifteen short of safety.

And my point is ... taking points off one team on a pro-rata basis doesn't work unless those same points are also given out to other teams?

I agree with the previous post. The article, like most of Graham Drury's matches, is generally pointless.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »
Dont bring me into your arguments Grimey! Atleast I would have thought the Standard would updated us with Drurys apparent retirement from football!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 07:57:44 PM »
How many like me find such tampering with statistics utterly ridiculous?
KON and others will no doubt endorse then use them as definitive proof that in Mr Greene we have a messiah  reincarnated, and on top of that it will no doubt give him more ammunition, not that any was needed that they prove the decison was right to sack the love child of Steve Evans before he took us down to the abyss of the UCL, but really.....hasn't the reporter got anything better to do?

We all hope that Mr Green finally takes us to the promised land next season, but as an old fart who has been there and done that I refuse before to give such nonsense any credibility.

Not only that any such stats that include Hinkley to back up any sniff of plausibility is fundametally flawed.....and indeed proof that the worlds gone completely mad, and to think I am missing come dine with me to even respond to such madness then include me in the madness list!

I suspect Mrs G would disagree with that rubbish Grimesy you old fart .  Hope C D W M gives you an idea for a special dish for the good lady for Sunday breakfast after Dennis has plotted a victory against Chester .    :)