Author Topic: v BPA  (Read 6839 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
v BPA
« on: March 23, 2013, 07:26:27 PM »
Bbbbbrrrrrrrrr.

Out muscled and out witted by a clinical, cynical, decent BPA side.  We'll have days like these where our midfield struggle to compete.  They broke everything up every time we tried to play, then we didn't return the favour.  Disappointing but despite the scoreline I don't feel how I did 2/3 weeks ago when we were getting beat.  Think we need to use the youth element sparingly to give them a chance to show their stuff.  Nuttel, Reed and Sanders should get a chance, just maybe not all at he same time against a well drilled big side.

Following on from something NF says in his thread (written at the same time) I did feel that the back 4 (well more centrebacks) were also picked off at will today. Maybe showing their lack of Conf North experience as they tried, but ultimately failed to match the guile BPA for rolling them around and  finding the holes. I'm not sure having a centre back infront of the back for is what we require at home and I guess to play that way wouldn't win any friends, but today might have be a day to shut up shop and make them think and work to break us down.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:32:12 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v BPA
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 08:55:19 PM »
Agree with this LCB, BPA deserved their win.
This is the first time I've seen the team since Greene took over, the honeymoon is over and we have to face up to the fact they were just better in every area  :'(

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 06:36:20 AM »
As LCB says out muscled and outplayed by a good side...........Think DG may have learnt a lot yesterday today..........

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 09:23:29 AM »
THere 1st. goal was gifted to them, milnes was fouled just befor there 2nd.there 3rd was well taken/ but from were i sat it was not a pen.for there 4th.
I thought the first half we should have gone in winning.
THe second half i thought BPA were the better side,but not 4-0 better.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 09:40:26 AM »
Unfortunately, I disagree. I thought it was either a case of BPA being as good as any team I have seen this season which reluctantly I am prepared to admit, or and rather more unpalatable to admit we were truly awful. Hand on heart I can't remember anyone winning their individual battles, and worse, as a team and only in comparison to our opponents thought we were second in every department

Whilst we were all bloody delighted with the result, ask yourself if we really deserved to wallop Brackley as the score suggests, probably not. None the less the result doesn't lie, we did. In reverse were BPA four goals better than us, the result suggests they were, and even though the freezing conditions (which forced me into a £5 spending spree on piping hot Bovril) I admit, could have clouded my judgment I think, so dominant were they that it was actually a fairly true reflection of the game

At this stage of the season, blaming individuals would surely be futile and am sure the scoreline and manner of the scoreline will act as a huge wake up call for our temporary manager, who if wanting to be installed on a full time basis, and it's why I remain slightly upbeat,  will I am sure be totally concentrated on ensuring there are no more similar repeats before the season ends, or if there are and inspite of his great start it might not just be new players we will be looking for

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 11:03:24 AM »
Greene eluded to the fact he learnt from the players when their heads dropped going behind.  I just find him easier to listen to and he sees the same game and calls it the same way I do. To that end I much prefer him to the clown we had before and have confidence in what he says.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 11:34:45 AM »
THere 1st. goal was gifted to them, milnes was fouled just befor there 2nd.there 3rd was well taken/ but from were i sat it was not a pen.for there 4th.
I thought the first half we should have gone in winning.
THe second half i thought BPA were the better side,but not 4-0 better.

I agree with this, Did not see how they won 4 - 0.
Brave move to tinker with his backline but we had got a knock or 2 in there, and plus he trying to look at every player and combinations in view of next year.

Did not enjoy the game but thats down to been so cooollld

Seenbetter

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 11:43:14 AM »
I still have confidence in Greene and agree with BG, BPA are probably one of the best sides I have seen here this season. They were quick, passed well and just picked us of. Miele is right about there second goal, the ref gave them that one and I dont think the third was a penalty either. As for the fourth, we gave them that one by weakening the side with the subs we made.
Was not discouraged by the result but paid my money to see a full first team squad trying to win a game. Tom Ward and Stainsfield left on the bench !!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 02:41:13 PM »
Unfortunately, I disagree. I thought it was either a case of BPA being as good as any team I have seen this season which reluctantly I am prepared to admit, or and rather more unpalatable to admit we were truly awful. Hand on heart I can't remember anyone winning their individual battles, and worse, as a team and only in comparison to our opponents thought we were second in every department

Whilst we were all bloody delighted with the result, ask yourself if we really deserved to wallop Brackley as the score suggests, probably not. None the less the result doesn't lie, we did. In reverse were BPA four goals better than us, the result suggests they were, and even though the freezing conditions (which forced me into a £5 spending spree on piping hot Bovril) I admit, could have clouded my judgment I think, so dominant were they that it was actually a fairly true reflection of the game

At this stage of the season, blaming individuals would surely be futile and am sure the scoreline and manner of the scoreline will act as a huge wake up call for our temporary manager, who if wanting to be installed on a full time basis, and it's why I remain slightly upbeat,  will I am sure be totally concentrated on ensuring there are no more similar repeats before the season ends, or if there are and inspite of his great start it might not just be new players we will be looking for

"which forced me into a £5 spending spree on pipping hot Bovril "
 Don,t why your complaining , at least the result saved you buying Danish bacon this weekend  :)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 06:37:26 PM »
No it didn't, I had to go through the palava of defrosting a pack, stored away at the back of the freezer which my good lady wife, being a member of the master race...obviously, had sneakily placed behind last weeks frozen stew!

Believe me she not only has a answer to everything ,she also covers all eventualities, including snow, and after I rather proudly stood up for myself and as a man, refused to trek through the muck to get the papers (I didn't tell he NL paper would have less tan ten pages!) making bacon sarnies was my agreed pennance.

I can't bloody win, just like the team the day before. Life in my household is just one big capitulation
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:39:13 PM by B Grimes »

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 10:02:35 AM »
Just a little golf yesterday,then we had a chat about boston unt.
most were wanting to see Stainfield come on in c/mid as they have not seen him play there befor.
they were not nocking any players because most were playing underpar anyway.
we no field got a knock so a change had to be made we didnt mind marshall comeing on ,but the next 2 changes were strange to us.
then what do golfers no about football.