Author Topic: Today...  (Read 17086 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today...
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 08:48:18 PM »
Been back in Derby an hour and half now, really solid performance by us. A couple of superb goals (Milnes in particular) and another very solid defensive performance from the back 5. Worcester only had a couple of close calls and you could tell they were a side on a poor run. I said to myself if we got the first we could batter them and the 2nd half especially was mostly 1 way stuff, we won all the 2nd balls, 50-50s and Sanders did great work to set up the 3rd goal. Midfield were very good.
The only niggle was that a couple of our defenders are now injured, so hopefully we can still see it out. Good for Sanders/Nuttell to get a run out today too- maybe DG will give the kids a few games to get experience but lets try and get a long winning run going. We were at least as good as BPA in the away game, Hinckley should be straightforwards as should Stortford.
And the prospect of Lincoln being in our league next year was also worth raising a smile to!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »
Even better the Fraudster got battered! Elding has scored for Sligo tonight!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 09:08:27 PM »
Lincoln City are in deep trouble with playing more games than most around
them, and only 3 home games and 6 away to come  ;D
On sky league table they have only 8 games left not 9?

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »
Wonder what the "newbies" are doing tonight MLF?

I couldn't give flying fig my dear fellow.  ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 09:35:38 PM »
Lincoln City are in deep trouble with playing more games than most around
them, and only 3 home games and 6 away to come  ;D
And it gets worse
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21818075

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 09:37:45 PM »
Atleast they got arrested before the match! Saved themselves some money and pain!

artie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 10:15:26 PM »

sorry was looking at the tables before they were updated  :-[

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 10:44:13 PM »
Not too many were able to make the trip to Worcester but for us fortunate to be able to be there what a great day. I enjoyed last week at Brackley and wondered if that was a one off but I shouldn't have worried, here we were with a team that clearly wanted to be out there all with smiles on their faces and raring to go.
The first half it was a case of sussing out the opposition early on but never allowing them a chance on goal, then from a corner Rossy loitering on the edge of the box collected the ball moved it to his right foot and struck it beautifully into the top left hand corner and although it deflected very slightly off a Worcester defender I was right behind it and the keeper would have had no chance anyway.
In the second half we took control completely with another fantastic goal this time from Ben Milnes, He collected the ball over halfway and just as it looked as though he would slide it left to Charley Sanders he hit a left foot cracker into the top left hand corner, pure quality.
Although the third goal wasn't a spectacular strike it was nonetheless a very good goal, A neat ball to Charley Sanders on the left touchline saw him shrug off the right back and run along the bye line, he slotted it behind the keeper along the goal line and there was Newsh  who looked almost embarassed to walk it in from two feet.
Although we had three great goals we restricted Worcester to one half chance so credit to everyone, I must make mention of Jason Field who looked every bit the left back we need.
Sorry if Iv'e gone on a bit but every doubter should get down next week in what should be a good test a gainst Bradford

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 11:04:51 PM »
Not too many were able to make the trip to Worcester but for us fortunate to be able to be there what a great day. I enjoyed last week at Brackley and wondered if that was a one off but I shouldn't have worried, here we were with a team that clearly wanted to be out there all with smiles on their faces and raring to go.
The first half it was a case of sussing out the opposition early on but never allowing them a chance on goal, then from a corner Rossy loitering on the edge of the box collected the ball moved it to his right foot and struck it beautifully into the top left hand corner and although it deflected very slightly off a Worcester defender I was right behind it and the keeper would have had no chance anyway.
In the second half we took control completely with another fantastic goal this time from Ben Milnes, He collected the ball over halfway and just as it looked as though he would slide it left to Charley Sanders he hit a left foot cracker into the top left hand corner, pure quality.
Although the third goal wasn't a spectacular strike it was nonetheless a very good goal, A neat ball to Charley Sanders on the left touchline saw him shrug off the right back and run along the bye line, he slotted it behind the keeper along the goal line and there was Newsh  who looked almost embarassed to walk it in from two feet.
Although we had three great goals we restricted Worcester to one half chance so credit to everyone, I must make mention of Jason Field who looked every bit the left back we need.
Sorry if Iv'e gone on a bit but every doubter should get down next week in what should be a good test a gainst Bradford

Like the post oxo. Nice to get a bit of info on the match. We really should be turning out in numbers next week to show the chairman, new manager and team our support.  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »
Great result at a place where we've been pretty dreadful in recent years.

Speaking of dreadful Lincoln are in serious trouble, it would be great to have a genuine local derby, not GT with their 26, would certainly boost the attendance. But GT the 2nd best team in Lincolnshire? Something's gone very wrong there....

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 11:34:54 PM »
Hopefully players like Newsh, Milnes, SWD and rossy are more likely to want to sign again for next season. The players seem to be really enjoying playing under DG at the minute!

Interesting tweet from jona tonight about Drury

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 07:54:08 AM »
What did it say?

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 08:33:11 AM »
Basically how that he had no idea and out of his depth

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 08:41:04 AM »
I think everybody would have agreed with that!

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 08:43:15 AM »
Jones picture on Twitter is still of him in united shirt