Author Topic: Silk returns  (Read 7795 times)

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Silk returns
« on: March 14, 2013, 10:37:00 AM »
With Reeds return along with Silk (see O/S) seems that common sense has finally found its way back to YS. Well done DG.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Silk returns
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:47:06 AM »
Ditto that, experience and quality.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 12:17:26 PM »
HAS  D.G. moved stainfield C/MID perminently??
and silk to cover were ever at the back??

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 12:28:45 PM »
There i was thinking that the lad had been released on the chairmans orders due to the budget. Seems like i was mistaken, so, if it wasn't the chairman, who i wonder was the brains behind it?  ;)

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »
Glad he is back. Shouldn't have gone in the first place, that was poor judgement.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 05:11:03 PM »
I see Jordan Smith has been loaned out to Grantham.  I'm not surprised by that, he was talked up by GD but failed to live to the hype.  He will probably be the first one out of the door at the end of the season.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 05:15:12 PM »
There i was thinking that the lad had been released on the chairmans orders due to the budget. Seems like i was mistaken, so, if it wasn't the chairman, who i wonder was the brains behind it?  ;)

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
wonder what the truth about Jellyman is?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 05:35:23 PM »
Don't know but cant say im to bothered now, GD gone so its past. pleased silk is back i was never a massive fan of silk but id take him anyday over some of the......... that was signed.

You can add your own words

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 07:10:29 PM »
well done DG should never have left...........silk that is.. ;)

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 08:01:01 PM »

[/quote]wonder what the truth about Jellyman is?
[/quote]

I bumped into Gareth at a shopping centre in Peterborough a fortnight ago, and although I didn't want to pester him too much, did ask him this.  His response was that the manager 'did a few things that he didn't agree with'.  So there you are.  He also looked very tired with his new baby!

Seenbetter

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 08:50:54 PM »
Always thought that most of the players that left during the old regime did so because they could see it would all end in tears with the manager at that time, and could you blame them.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 08:56:35 PM »

wonder what the truth about Jellyman is?
[/quote]

I bumped into Gareth at a shopping centre in Peterborough a fortnight ago, and although I didn't want to pester him too much, did ask him this.  His response was that the manager 'did a few things that he didn't agree with'.  So there you are.  He also looked very tired with his new baby!
[/quote]

At the time however we were told GD was a double hard b*****d and the players who left needed to because they were taking us for a ride.  Good managers motivate and coach.  The revoliving door only works if you have money to throw at it.  I feel Greene is more likely to work the way we need to work.  It took two games for me to work out Drury was hot air and no substance. 
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 10:10:22 PM »
Glad to see Silk back but flipping heck - he'll soon have had more spells with the club than Mickey Nuttell!

Timmy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 12:28:28 AM »
Good news, a quality player who should never have been released by a manager who could not seem to handle higher profile players.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 06:52:33 AM »

At least the club saved some money through not having to pay Silk whilst he was suspended for the three matches. It's probably the best thing Dreary actually did for the club!