Author Topic: Dan Jacobs  (Read 16489 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dan Jacobs
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 08:48:46 PM »
On Lynn forum it states he his  signed until the end of season ,   " and hope he signs for next season "
Food for thought ?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 08:49:05 AM »
I think it was agreed when he left his final year contract last summer that any team he managed this season couldn't sign players from st neots.

Nothing would surprise me in football, but that simply doesn't make any sense shauney. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, bt wasn't Mr Greenes departure from St Neots full of acrimony.

Am too lazy to google it, but wasn't his departure the case where he offered his resignation, becauase of something or other. I vaguely remember budget cuts being mentioned, but did so with a large degree of bluff, only for it then to be accpeted by the St Neots chairman?

I wouldn't have thought, if this was that case, there could have been any conditions attached, and even if it wasn't the case, it's still as unlikely after then moving to Histon (where though irrelevant to this debate he coincidentally also resigned) that St Neots could make any such conditions

Leaving us with a worrying scenario and for the umpteenth time that a player, ironically yet again from a lower level, has declined the chance to come and play for us.

Its not Greene's fault any more I guess than it was Drury's when many players brushed aside his interest, but for us and our club, without perhaps the funds to close the deal such instances are becoming increasingy common, and that suggests the issue is becoming a very serious one, and I am not sure I can offer even a possible solution asto how we can reverse this trend

:'(

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »
We don't even know that Jacobs was approached by BUFC

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 09:27:31 AM »
Greene tweeted seems he tried but there was a clause in his release papers stopping him signing for boston

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 10:20:23 AM »
Two good wins to celebrate, don't spoil the moment BG!   :)
United we stand..................

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »
On Lynn forum it states he his  signed until the end of season ,   " and hope he signs for next season "
Food for thought ?
Greene tweeted seems he tried but there was a clause in his release papers stopping him signing for boston

Looks as though something may be on the agenda in the close season.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 11:02:08 AM »
could be, normally clause's do normally count for current season so who knows

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 07:03:12 PM »

Ok he has signed for Lynn, can we now put a 7 day in?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 07:25:03 PM »

Good point, and the answer has to be yes. But sod it, dont want to ruin the moment. We dont need anyone! ;D

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 07:29:49 PM »
No he will be on contract till end of season with lynn. Maybe in summer.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 07:47:31 PM »

That deppends on the clause as its regarding him and not any club and could be binding to the terms of receiving his release papers. I.E Cannot sign for Boston for a current period

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 10:02:18 PM »
Why doesnt Dennis change his name?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 10:49:08 PM »
Could Boston United and Dennis Greene part company by 'mutual consent', Boston then sign Dan Jacobs, and then re-appoint Greene?

Or would that stand up in court as well as John Fenty's defence?

According to the tweet it was Boston united he cant sign for. 

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 07:24:20 AM »
B Grimes - I agree with you. Let's work with what we have got. I don't think we are desparate for any new players this season now. We have some decent players and just need a manager to get the best out of them - so far, it looks like Greene could be this person.

I think one of Drury's downfalls was his view that we needed to make lots of personnel changes. He did this but in my view he didn't really add that much value. Any positives he gained from bringing in half decent players were eradicated by the disruption and imbalance it brought in the dressing room.

DL

SOOTY

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 08:38:14 AM »
Is there a history lesson being given? After the 1st World War...the Germans weren't allowed to build an army/navy/air force. They were allowed a meager defense service. Such is the rewards for the vanquished! However...they built their military might covertly out of their borders! When that military machine got centralised and mobilised in '38/9...it formed the basis of the massively successful Blitzkrieg...and became untouchable for the next 2 years as they stormed across Europe and ultimately kicked our a**es out of it at Dunkirk!! Me Grandads...2 of em were involved...! Both were Grimsby trawlermen before the War so 1 went in the Navy t'other in the Black Watch! The Scotch one was being returned to Blighty because of TB! He arrived on a stretcher at Dunkirk.....put on a Navy ship....where me 2nd Grandad based on the ship looked after him as they both lived in Grimsby and knew each other loosely 'down dock'!! They all became friends after the war.....but in 1970 me Nana...a Land Army girl...divorced the 1st one....and married the 2nd 3 years later!! So i've heard the story as a nipper...from one side.....and as an impressionable youth....from another! We had our ar*es kicked...whilst caught napping end of!x
Mind you...Tony Blairs application in the Iraq WMD affair was a complete abuse of this history....and cannot be excused under any circumstance......methinks. Just a side point!x

Kings Lynn.........hmmmm. Perhaps a meeting of the League of Nations is required to discuss this likkle enclave that is harbouring weapons of mass excitment!x Are you preparing for war Dennis...is there a Boston Blitzkreig beckoning :P???!!!!hehe!x.....I hope so. Take no prisoners mate.......success is non negotiable...I reckon...X

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:49:07 AM by SOOTY »