Author Topic: Away at Lowestoft in the next round of the Cup  (Read 15328 times)

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Away at Lowestoft in the next round of the Cup
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009, 03:51:06 PM »
Dont think ill bother going, as most on the forum as got us down to lose

don't take any notice of them

some people im sure would find something too moan about if we were top of the league

blue2

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 10:03:41 AM »
Hi again. Football is a 'funny game' as we all know and we in Lowestoft know how tough this tie is likely to be. Yes, things do not seem to be going well for you but things can change in a very short space of time. You chaps seem unhappy after the Whitby result, but this is the FA Cup so league form is out of the window.
We are under no illusions that we will have to be at our best to get a result but it is a game we are all looking forward to.

Seenbetter

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 01:24:34 PM »
Tip. Do what some other clubs have done who have no talent(i'm not saying Lowestoft hasn't got any talent) and put 12 men between the ball and the goal and you may get a replay. Of course I am including Fancy Dress Man in that number. Trouble for you then is that it's quite a journey in the evening but you'll be made to feel welcome in our bar providing THE steward doesn't notice you and you don't want a drink after hours.

blue2

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »
Title says it all.

To be played on 26th September.

We have played them in the Cup once before - in 1990/1 and won 7-0. Chris Cook got 4 goals.

I think it unlikely you will beat us 7-0 this time. I understand that back then we were doing ok and holding at 0-0 until our keeper got sent off. It was the best part of nearly twenty years ago! I suppose lightning could strike twice, but I am hoping for a good close cup tie with no such incidents.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:37:28 PM by blue2 »

blue2

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 03:27:48 PM »
Tip. Do what some other clubs have done who have no talent(i'm not saying Lowestoft hasn't got any talent) and put 12 men between the ball and the goal and you may get a replay. Of course I am including Fancy Dress Man in that number. Trouble for you then is that it's quite a journey in the evening but you'll be made to feel welcome in our bar providing THE steward doesn't notice you and you don't want a drink after hours.

Thanks for the tip. So a replay is the best we could hope for then, and only then if we play as you suggest?
If there is a replay then Lowestoft fans best not try to sneak in their Fruit Shoots!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:36:21 PM by blue2 »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 03:43:33 PM »
Make it a brick