Author Topic: New start.....  (Read 6948 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
New start.....
« on: March 04, 2013, 08:51:44 PM »
no nonsense I would hope. Aside the deplorable football, tactics, signings and results!   8)  GD and his many "newbies" messed up on the most important public relations big style.  8) Media at all levels is important.  ???  I think DN has gained a greater understanding of the tolerance level of the ordinary fan. Personally, I am sorry for this outcome as it puts additional pressure on DN which is not needed. I would hate him to start thinking this shite is not worth bothering with, I'll just cut my losses!  ???

Wish I had a magic wand and could get over a thousand at York Street for the next match to show our support for the club and owners  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: New start.....
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 09:03:10 PM »
I see none of his mates are about tonight........

Shameful, utterly shameful.

Looks like a grubby little chapter of the clubs history is at an end.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 09:06:29 PM »
The only real advantage now is to splash a bit of cash, on a short term contract, for known/safe pair of hands interim manager who'll give us the best chance of surviving this season. The mean while do some talent spotting!  8)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »
I see none of his mates are about tonight........

Shameful, utterly shameful.

Looks like a grubby little chapter of the clubs history is at an end.

We've had our clashes N40,  ;) but absolutely.  ;) They have disgraced this club with the nonsense attempts at manipulation of a decent club with a good following and totally underestimated the outcome!  8) For a last time  8) unbelievable  8) And thanks DN for doing the right think!  :) 

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 09:15:22 PM »
The only real advantage now is to splash a bit of cash, on a short term contract, for known/safe pair of hands interim manager who'll give us the best chance of surviving this season. The mean while do some talent spotting!  8)

As suggested!  :)

Monty

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »
Well done to our wonderful Chairman for getting rid of Drury, what idiot appointed him in the first place? And who went on the local radio describing Drury as marmite and the fans would love or hate him. Surely our hero the Newt should have the honorary freedom of Boston.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 09:54:42 PM »
Well done to our wonderful Chairman for getting rid of Drury, what idiot appointed him in the first place? And who went on the local radio describing Drury as marmite and the fans would love or hate him. Surely our hero the Newt should have the honorary freedom of Boston.

DN remains the only real chance of maintaining a future for the club. Therefore the doom and gloom merchants need to stay away!  ;)

Monty

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 10:23:36 PM »
I agree entirely Myleftfoot  :bunny

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 11:09:18 PM »
Up the Pilgrims.  Let's show good support for the new manager and the team by getting as many as possible to York Street tomorrow (Tuesday) evening.
United we stand..................

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 11:41:36 PM »
After sacking JL because of falling attendances, logic said GD was on borrowed time.  The Gloucester game will probably see our lowest attendance for years.
Hope everyone gives the new manager a chance - certain people seemed to be set against GD before he even started.  He didn't do much in the end to win people over, but some people were determined not to even give him a chance. 
Hope those supporters with their own agendas approve of the new gaffer. 
I will continue to support the club, whoever the manager is, and whoever the players are. 
Can't be there tomorrow night but hopefully it won't be the same result as last time we sacked a manager!  Come on you Yellows

FrankieBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 01:58:15 AM »
Right move MR NEWTON. GD wasnt unto it despite having me fooled at the beginning. Results speak in this business. Well done for biting the bullet before anything 'unthinkable' happened. and now Greene has opportunity to show what he has to offer and earn something for next year. Very clever business in my eyes. If GD worked fantastic... He didnt so try someone new... short term deal with chance to earn extension. Up the Pilgrims!

Seenbetter

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 07:59:20 AM »
And I don't think Mr Newton should feel embarrassed about anything, according to Dalton this morning he probably does feel embarrassed about GDs appointment and dismissal. As Frankieboy says he tried one way and now he is trying another. As I said when GD was taken on 'has Mr Newton been sold a pup', the answer was clearly Yes.
As for the 'big' game on tv tonight, stuff it, theres a bigger game on down York Street. Anyway, Manchester United are bound to lose and who wants to see a lot of cry babies.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 02:10:12 PM »
Seeingbetter! I was going to watch the Man Utd game until the news last night! I think everybody who cares about the club should show Mr Newton some support tonight and turn up!
What a lovely day to get out in the fresh air and cheer the pilgrims on!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 02:58:24 PM »
Seeingbetter! I was going to watch the Man Utd game until the news last night! I think everybody who cares about the club should show Mr Newton some support tonight and turn up!
What a lovely day to get out in the fresh air and cheer the pilgrims on!

Our group are going to be there as usual and am pleased you are coming as well.  Perhaps you can bring all your mates.   ;D 
United we stand..................

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 03:06:46 PM »
Im bringing all my mates on my moped