Author Topic: Drury SACKED  (Read 16336 times)

porl99

• View Profile
Re: Drury SACKED
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 09:13:58 PM »

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 09:14:09 PM »
Ill be there supporting the lads tomorrow, shocked by the decision and hope Welsh or Greene are not appointed . Hopefully newton gets it right this time

Thought I'd done with this but for you Shg  8) Unbelievable  8) Time to go my man, BYE  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 09:14:21 PM »
Ill be there supporting the lads tomorrow, shocked by the decision and hope Welsh or Greene are not appointed . Hopefully newton gets it right this time
amazing!

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 09:17:16 PM »

In truth as long as it's not Greene, he just doesn't appeal to me to all. That said as an interim, as a caretaker Welsh will do for me. He saved us from relegation from an impossible position a few years ago and he bleeds Boston.

It will also give Mr Newton time to ensure, if that is possible that the next manager employed is the right man, why rush such an important decision?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »
Does that mean the other 3 have gone with him?

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 09:30:33 PM »
Dennis Green s got the job until the end of season, on web site now. Tomorrow night should be interesting, he will be in charge.Good move by chairman.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 09:41:33 PM »
Does that mean the other 3 have gone with him?

All three disappeared from the OS

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »
http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/form.php

Can't see why he was shown the door personally! Any idea Shauneyg?

FrankieBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 01:59:12 AM »
http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/form.php

Can't see why he was shown the door personally! Any idea Shauneyg?

These stats are shockingly poor! Bye Bye Drury

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 07:19:42 AM »
This is my first post on the manager situation. I've kept quiet simply because I've been totally shocked at the demise of the team over the past month or two.
Now I will add my slant on things. I was never impressed with GD from the start, I thought Dennis Greene would have been a better choice and may I add I've not attended one single game whilst GD was in charge. Not because I don't care, because I've had other things in my life that take precedent.
 The bloke reminded me far to much of a previous manager we had, a period of our history that should be wiped from the record books.
To much chat and not enough action. Bigging things up trying desperately to impress people (supporters) Making wholesale changes to the team and certainly not replacing them with anything better. I've no idea what his man management was like and players will always say, we're all behind the manager. None of them will come out and say, the blokes a prat and we hate playing for him now are they.
Now Dennis Greene has been given the job of trying to save us from relegation, yes relegation! If GD had been kept on that's what would have happened.
I'll not be at the match tonight, not because i'll be watching ManU on the box, because of other reasons.
Good luck to the lads, good luck to Dennis and good luck David Newton!

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 07:43:05 AM »
This is my first post on the manager situation. I've kept quiet simply because I've been totally shocked at the demise of the team over the past month or two.
Now I will add my slant on things. I was never impressed with GD from the start, I thought Dennis Greene would have been a better choice and may I add I've not attended one single game whilst GD was in charge. Not because I don't care, because I've had other things in my life that take precedent.
 The bloke reminded me far to much of a previous manager we had, a period of our history that should be wiped from the record books.
To much chat and not enough action. Bigging things up trying desperately to impress people (supporters) Making wholesale changes to the team and certainly not replacing them with anything better. I've no idea what his man management was like and players will always say, we're all behind the manager. None of them will come out and say, the blokes a prat and we hate playing for him now are they.
Now Dennis Greene has been given the job of trying to save us from relegation, yes relegation! If GD had been kept on that's what would have happened.
I'll not be at the match tonight, not because i'll be watching ManU on the box, because of other reasons.
Good luck to the lads, good luck to Dennis and good luck David Newton!

I still dont get this hatred, He's gone and most are happy, after a nights sleep I know I am, but why can't people just accept that, why do some still have to show their hatred. Do you know Drury Mr Gunman, if not, like KON and others on what are your opinions based mate?

Its easy to retrospectively claim anything and whilst I am with you in wishing the new man luck,can I ennquire what on earth makes you feel Mr Greene was always a better option, he left Histon, I think the only time he has managed in our league in a far worse position than we were.

You loudly proclaim your doubts and more that you haven't been to one game since he took over so what is the foundation of yours and others anger actually based on and what do you mean by not enough action?

You're another one that says Drury reminded him of Evans, why for gods sake, where has that nonsense come from and is that perhaps what you based your anger on?

My god Drury tried t impress supporters did he. Shame on him, now why on earth should any manager wish to do that. Although after the first couple of games a lot of supporters were actually saying they liked his interaction with the fans, how he acknoiwledged them all, took the time to speak to them and how iot made a refreshing change from Mr Lee. I guess managers simply cant win, damned if they do and don't.

Like you I have no idea on the strength of his man managment, but unlike you because of that I am not going to comment nor use it as a stick to wallop him with.

I am also not going to use the 'fact' as you insist would be the case, that we were definitely going to be relgated if remained to now beat the man up now he's gone either. Its again so indicitive of the way many have just come out with all this nonsense and stated it as though they were demonstrable facts, none of which they were, and it just gets me angry. Sorry for sounding off gentlemen

The only fact is that Mr Drury didn't win enough games to appease his employers which then led to his dismissal, should he have gone, is it the right decision...almost certainly, but I for one am not going to join the queue to slag the guy off further. I personally am not impressed with Mr Greenes credentials but will and in public wish him all the very best and as aloyal supporter hs all my support, supportI would, and have previously given to all Boston managers. I just genuinely wish others could perhaps be a bit more tolerant and fortcoming with their support

End of rant, sorry gents
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:45:36 AM by B Grimes »

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 10:02:27 AM »
Ok, first i'm not angry at GD, i'm not angry at all. I'm very disappointed at what has happened to the football club in the past few years. About the Evans thing, he was all look at me i'll take this team to the top and look what happened there. GD should have never gone down the road of bigging things up, quietly does the job. People who big things up and then fail to deliver live to regret it.
I don't know Mr Greene I've never met the man and probably never will. He has experience in the non league scene and I thought he would be in with a good shout. Not enough action? To much talk Mr Grimes, read the bigging up bit again. Why haven't I been to a game in the past month, that is in my original post.
Man management, I never said he had bad man management, I've not worked for the man so how would I know.
I believe we were heading for relegation, that's my opinion and if you don't like it, then fair enough.
Last thing Mr Grimes, find a post written by my slagging GD off, then you can have a pop at me.

I wrote what I thought and believe, if it offends you, I don't really care to be honest. I've not sworn, called anyone names, I've given my opinion.

In the end it's a results business, if Mr Greene fails then I expect him to go the same way. This club can not afford to go down, this club needs over a 1,000 through the gate on a Saturday. It's nothing to do with managers being friendly, it's all about winning matches and entertaining punters.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »
Think this thread should be but to bed now .    Always find BG and LGM postings well pesented and fair even though on this time they disagree . 
Always believe in giving anyone a fair crack at anything they attempt .  I can understand BG confusion on people being dismissive of GD appointment , but the underlining cause was GD was not popular with some people in the game for some reason . But evenso most genuinely wanted him to be a winner .
Lets not forget orbeit only a handful some were calling for Lees sacking shortly after his appointment .
But the biggest thing that contributed to GDs unpopularity on here was the so called Drury puppets ,
as I have stated before if they recieved his encourgement he got what he deserved , if not I feel very sorry for him and these people should hang their heads in shame .