Author Topic: Drury SACKED  (Read 16334 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Drury SACKED
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 08:29:41 PM »
Mixed feelings on this. Liked Drury as a person and understood some of the issues.

But its a results game and anyone who see or spoke to newton after sat game could sence that he was on the edge.

Anyway onwards and upwards

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 08:30:13 PM »
Maybe Greene  should have got job instead of drury.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 08:33:05 PM »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 08:34:26 PM »
Just had a scary thought, have we still got a club.
Always sad when someone loses their job but this was unavoidable, in two months did nothing to make me think he was up to the job in the first place.
As for tomorrow night lets hope supporters wont stay at home to watch rubbish but come out and give the lads support.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 08:42:51 PM »
Someone's agreed to take charge until the end of the season on a caretaker basis. Their identity will be announced at 9pm. Given how quickly this has been put in place, presumably it's Steve Welsh.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 08:44:27 PM »
And so it happens. No doubt it will please some, and no doubt we will see a lot of newbies do the off, but it is sad as it brings little glory for the name of our club, but it probably is the right decision

But before people rejoice too heavily, if Mr Newton, as was obvious he did as he wouldn't have been given the job to start with,  thought Drury was the best of the applicants who is to say the calibre on any new list will be any higher

No doubt some will come on and gloat, and have already seen KON applaud DN for listening to supporters, and while I am sure he didn't intend it the way his apreciation came out, to me it would be quite worrying if Drury was sacked because of supporters feelings either in face to face chats or following the concerted and in my memory, quite unprecedented amount of vitriol aimed Drurys way on here.

Newton appears to be a man of honour and integrity and hopefully he made his decision based on what he saw on the pitch and not for matters or continued on line criticisms off it

..............and so the search begins. Big support needed even more tomorrow night thats for sure

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »
Mr Newton is a businessman, he wouldn't do a thing like this unless he thought it was necessary, he is no fool. As you say lets hope the selection procedure provides us with a good manager. When GD was appointed I don't think it impressed  many people despite the bullshit.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 08:56:05 PM »
Mr Newton is a businessman, he wouldn't do a thing like this unless he thought it was necessary, he is no fool. As you say lets hope the selection procedure provides us with a good manager. When GD was appointed I don't think it impressed  many people despite the bullshit.

I totally agree. Mr Newton would have surely made his own mind up and not be swayed by the voicepherous hate campaign. God forbid it was the latter which manager in their right mind would want to put up with that possibility?

Have to aplaud Mr Newtons decisive actions because whichever way you examine things it is an admittance, directly or indirectly that he got things wrong in the first place, and that will hurt him especially as he loves the club so much

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 08:58:55 PM »
Thank you Mr Newton for doing the right thing. Drury conned you into giving him the job but you saw through that and made the correct decision in the end. May costs us a bit with pay off, but hey, he's gone! Interesting if tomorrow's team is selected by commitee: Cookie, Walsh and (don't dismiss it!) young Craig Singleton - he's seen every game and knows all the players well!  :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 09:02:18 PM »
Dennis Greene

Seenbetter

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 09:04:17 PM »
How about 'Craig for Manager' petition.
Only joking, although you are right because he has seen nearly every game, but who would do the 'LIVE' show ?
Sorry if its not the right time to be light hearted.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 09:09:25 PM »

What's Dennis Greene doing with himself since histon?

Called it! No I'm not a newbie or his son!!!

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 09:10:58 PM »
Dennis Greene are you sure? The ex Histon and St Neots man. If it is then frying pan and fire comE to mind, for if people moaned abot Drurys lack of winning pedgree the same will surely apply to Mr Greene, who unless I am mistaken, wasn't he the man in charge of the latter when they had fortunes at their disposal. He certainly wont have that here! ;D

Whoever it is, temporary or permanent though I will fully  support, but whoever it is will no doubt draw the critics out, and who knows with theior arrival a fresh batch of newbie inerns! ;D

God forbid!

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »
Ill be there supporting the lads tomorrow, shocked by the decision and hope Welsh or Greene are not appointed . Hopefully newton gets it right this time